RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:32 PM   #1

Lowes Discounts Big Changes 1 May

Big changes. You have to register and then use MyLowes card. ID cards no longer accepted.

Also, they give discounts to former military, not just disabled veterans, retired, etc. Not sure if this a mistake or not but giving to former military is opening up to massive amount of people.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300448639.html

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2017, 04:37 PM   #2

Home Depot gives a 10% discount to veterans. I always use it, hey, 10% is 10% I also ask for a senior discount where ever I go, some say "yes" and others say "no"

LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #3

Must be true it's the on the Lowes site. Saved a lot from Lowes and Home Depot over the years. Home Depot does not give discounts on some items, Lowes on everything but installation labor. Nice that they are expanding to all vets. We already have a my Lowes card, with it you don't even have to save a receipts it's in their computer.
Melvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #4

It has always been hit or miss for me at Lowes. Some stores have said active only; some say any veteran. It is a welcome change if all stores will honor the updated policy.

I have never had a Hone Depot give me a veterans discount except for on Veterans Day.

BTW - I had a veteran endorsement on my NC drivers license. GA wouldn't honor it because you have to have been born in GA or resided there for two years.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:40 PM   #5

I am retired, and I've never had an issue getting a discount from Lowes or HD. I saw that they were using the third party validation for all veterans, and signed up anyway with my "MyLowes" account, it came back approved in like 2 days. I shop there so much, the company stock depends on my shopping rhythm! Lol
LA_RV_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:15 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My ID card was accepted last weekend, but they said at some point you will have register your status with your My Lowes. I've been asking about this for some time. Registration takes no time. You do have to provide proof of status. It uses a verification service...Can't remember what it was but it took minutes

There are additional benefits, like now you can order online and get the discount. In addition, you don't have to show your ID card every time. You just give the phone number associated with your My Lowes account.
Poppy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:32 PM   #7

X2 for varying policies. I was just a draftee, but have never been refused discounts at both local Lowes and Home Depot. Sometimes they ask to see my DD214 but not always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
It has always been hit or miss for me at Lowes. Some stores have said active only; some say any veteran. It is a welcome change if all stores will honor the updated policy.

I have never had a Hone Depot give me a veterans discount except for on Veterans Day.

BTW - I had a veteran endorsement on my NC drivers license. GA wouldn't honor it because you have to have been born in GA or resided there for two years.
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:12 PM   #8

Don't have Lowes so non-issue for me

Local Home Depot only has discount on Veterans Day.

Several other local businesses have Veteran discount all the time.

I always ask.....then ask about AARP.......then ask about Senior......then ask about 'ANY discount'
Lots of times I get something.......just ask.
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:10 PM   #9

I live in KY, and both the Lowes and Home Depot give me 10% off with my ID card. Great little benefit, I have saved several hundred dollars over the last few years.
Dillon_fwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:42 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Got the Vet discount yesterday at local Lowes & HD same as always. Show mil retired ID card. No questions asked. Lowes cashier actually said..."ain't much, but it covers the tax"
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:50 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I may be mistaken...but it is my understanding that Home Depot changed to Active Duty and Retirees only. With the possible exception of Veteran's Day.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:56 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
our local silicon valley home depot's (three that i can think of) still accept VA i.d. as of today.
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:47 AM   #13

Any Vet with an honorable discharge can sign up on lowes.com and get a mylowes card for military. You have to know your exact discharge dates which they check on line to confirm your service. Takes a few minutes but once you are registered you can use the card or your telephone #.
Melvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:58 PM   #14

Is the mylowes card a credit card?