Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:12 PM   #1

Military Retiree FEDVIP Dental Plans

Looks like it is time to choose a dental plan for 2020 under the new FEDVIP program. My wife and I used Delta's Standard Plan for 2019, but our dentist is now no longer accepting the Standard Plan and only recognizes the Delta PPO High, which is a substantial increase. Have any of you other military retirees had good experiences with other companies plans? We both will need crowns this year and I would welcome any feedback from someone that has had similar experiences.
Thanks,
Dave
dlduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2019, 03:17 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
The dental insurance is more trouble than it's worth. We "self insure" our dental needs and the dentist gives us a discount for cash (check).
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:55 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We went with FEDVIP eye and dental - has worked out well with our basic needs. You do need to check if a particular provider accepts the insurance. During our selection process there was a comparison chart somewhere - may have been MOAA or another military service organization.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:56 PM   #4

Print the list of dental plan choices, then ask your dentist which they accept. Then you have enough information to select a dental plan.
I stayed with Delta basic plan for 2019 because the only difference was the yearly cap increased from $1,500 to $30,000. I didn't feel the premium increase was a good fit for us. Then last month I had 2 molars cut out at the same time, they will be replaced with implants. That blows through $1,500 fast.
DW and I have decided to choose the Delta premium plan this enrollment period. Out of the plans our dentist accepts, Delta appeared to be our best choice.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:42 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
What is the website for this info?

My wife is enrolling for medicare and I am retired Navy still working. I would like to research the dental. Thanks.
Charles L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles L View Post
My wife is enrolling for medicare and I am retired Navy still working. I would like to research the dental. Thanks.
This is the link to BENEFEDS enrollment for dental and vision programs.
https://www.benefeds.com/
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:37 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I don't know who we have, but I asked our dentist if he accepted it before enrolling.

Tags
military