Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:32 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Mike,
Thank you so much for all the information. It looks like things have changed in 25 years!...Wow can it be that long?

We really like your travel tips. We just might do them all. Thanks also for the pictures, looks just wonderful.

We leave in 3 weeks for Estes Park, Yellow Stone, Glacier, then up to Seattle & Whidbey Island. We haven't planned our return trip back to the Ozarks. Maybe we'll visit Redwood NP & southern Utah. Really looking forward to it.

Thanks again Mike,

Dave & Julie
Caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2015, 07:21 AM   #16

Whidbey Island NAS

We got here yesterday and are so impressed with this beautiful site to spend a few days. We have been to several fam camps lately and this one rivals only one other we have visited, Camp Del Mar on Camp Pendleton, CA. Their beach is much better than this one, but that is all they have going for them, that and sand, sand and more sand (still have sand in the MH).

Whidbey Island (we are in the south loop this visit) is beautiful. Plenty of room around your space, you don't feel like your neighbors can hear your every snore!!!!

Beautiful gardens abound and last night we enjoyed our dinner on the lovely picnic table, and then moved to the swing settee to enjoy the setting sun, some tunes and a bottle of wine.

Lovely place and we plan to return for another couple of days when we get back from a 2 week sailing charter around Vancouver Island.

Dawn & Alex

Alex & Dawn, Major, USArmy Ret
2005 NSDP with 2007 Jeep Liberty Toad
Sunnydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:03 AM   #17

SUNNYDAWN, with a smile allow me to say welcome to wonderfull Whidbey!
Sure hope you folks enjoy your stay. We've had a stretch of wonderfull hot weather, which today 7 July ,has cooled a bit with some overcast. Thats island weather for ya sometimes.
Wife and I feel so blessed that the navy set us down here at the naval air station in a number of squadrons allowing us to stay 12 years, and live a semi normal life through deployments and so forth. One of the highlights of our thirty year navy career. This summer in particular its been interesting to observe the number of RV's of all different classes, types and styles, passing through the region. Quite honestly I believe we followed you across Deception pass bridge and on to the turn off to the air station where the two jet aircraft are positioned near the intersection. The Newmar name of your rig strikes a bell. It was early afternoon when you arrived.( if I'm right) My bride and I were directly behind you returning from an errand in Mount Vernon in a small car. We were making bets where you might be heading.I won when you turned off at the base.
Anyway, enjoy your stay.
mr mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:47 AM   #18

Actually, Mr. Mike, what we're seeing at the moment isn't our usual overcast. It's a band of smoke from wildfires in BC. On last night's evening news, the reporter said there were 170 fires burning in the Province, about 30 of them on Vancouver Island.

At home in Skyline (Anacortes, just over the ridge south of the ferry terminal) we've been able to smell the smoke. On Sunday, I thought a neighbor was using his smoker to do some salmon. It's playing havoc with my nasal allergies!

The last couple of days the sun has been a dull red disk for the first couple of hours after sunrise. At least the "overcast" is keeping the temps down to what we're more accustomed to!