Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #29

Solo Rvers Club
Still catching up with this Memorial weekend. Feeling a little melancholy. Just watched "A Pittance of Time" Thank you, IMDSailor.
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I have never been in the military but I have respect for our flag. And listening to the national anthem can bring a tear to my eye. I think we are so lucky to live in this wonderful country evn with all our imperfections. Each time Tom, my husband, tells me about some of the sights and sounds of so many foriegn countries it really enforces how blessed we are.

I try to remember to fly our flag at Memorial Day and have 2 days this weekend. I also make sure it does not touch the ground and I don't let the sun set on it. If it gets old and soiled or ruined I burn it and not put it in the trash.

You just don't see many people flying the flag anymore. I don't know but would doubt the schools teach much about our flag or the etiquette when handling it anymore. Our country, partly thanks to so many politicians and people that just don't care do not show their reverence to our country and all those that have died for her. And I sure don't think that will get better anytime soon.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:23 AM   #31

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Too many folks do not respect the flag and what it stands for. We let foreigners destroy our flag and then fly their on flags on USA soil.

We were taught proper flag respect in elementary school in Texas...but that was a gfew years ago. I cub scouts and boy scouts we re taught flag respect In ROTC, were were taught respect and we also raised and lowered the colors each day at school with a formal flag/color guard.

Our 7 year old grandson was in his first flag ceremon and was on the color guard a few weeks ago. On a camping trip, the boys had a proper ceremony to retire worn flags. He cried when the flag was retired.

If a 7 year old can get emotional over the USA flag, what is wrong with the other people in this country.

Ken

I always get emotional over the US Flag and I am 66..... I love our Flag and nothing will ever change my mind, I fly it 24/7 as well as the MIA Flag and the Do Not Tred on Me Flag in my Yard and it is lit and never in the dark nor tattered or frayed....... GOD BLESS THE USA
Warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #32

Stay in you car or get out...seeing what those children did made me tear up.

USMC (Retired 1984)
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #33

While I agree in principal I do not in practicality. IF YOU hear the bugle, stop car get out.

However its also rush hour on a major base/post, folks in cars with AC on, radio on, I stop the guy behind me does not, let alone all the folks texting and on the cell phone.

I myself RARELY listen to the radio or any music in fact and my hearing is quite good, in fact VERY good, I will hear the bugle and chances are YOU will not, so you will are likely to SLAM into me or run over me...especially on good days when I drive me Jeep with no top and no doors, but YOU rode your Harley to work that day and the sticker on your helmet says: "loud pipes save lives" (yes I ride a HD too!

One post I was on had about a 3 or 4 car pile up one day, was that worth it?

Ft Hood Tx has on any given work day up to 100,000 civilians and soldiers on post all trying to get off at 5pm out of only a couple of gates.

Maybe NO ONE leaves work at that time - 5 min or you get a ticket, or you get a ticket if you are in your car +/- 5 min...but then your car/wrist watch MUST be accurate!!!!
... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #34

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a particular respect for the Stars and Stripes since I am a naturalized US Citizen. In other words, I am American by choice, not by birth. We recently interviewed at a National Wildlife Refuge for volunteer positions. The head ranger knew I was a naturalized citizen, and offered me the singular honor of lowering the flag outside the visitor center. Fortunately I had seen enough flag ceremonies to remember the correct folding protocol.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote