Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:25 PM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_ftw View Post
Yes sir, Peter Lewis died in, I believe, 2013. However, in Texas we have something called a rattlesnake. Every year it sheds is skin but even with "new clothes" it is still a rattlesnake!
Hey I wouldn't use them either. But it was the CEO that was donating his millions, not the corporation. The current guy is nothing like PL was. jus sayn !
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2016, 02:55 PM   #30

Carolina Campers
When we got our TT, we asked the service guys which they preferred working with...Progressive won hands down.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:01 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
USAA doesn't do motor coaches...didn't think they did 5th wheels and trailers either, but...

They DON'T use Progressive...they push you off to Progressive.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:25 PM   #32

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
USAA doesn't do motor coaches...didn't think they did 5th wheels and trailers either, but...

They DON'T use Progressive...they push you off to Progressive.
Yeap, they do send you to Progressive and yes, they do handle TT so I assume they also do 5th wheels.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:43 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
When it comes to RVs, USAA is an enigma to me...they insure travel trailers and 5th wheels, from what you've observed, but they don't do motor coaches in any way shape or form, either financing or insuring. When you contact them to write a fire policy on your buildout on a lot you own, they think you are talking Greek. They obviously do not embrace or understand the RV lifestyle very much. That said, they remain my insuring for 4 wheel vehicles and home fire policy since 1978, with never a problem with claims or dramatically increasing premiums. Just wished they did coaches. JMHO
Old 01-18-2016, 07:30 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
USAA INSURANCE has been excelllent for +\- 50 year. BUT, I don't know about a TT, but they will not insure a motorhome.
Dick1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:41 AM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
When it comes to RVs, USAA is an enigma to me...they insure travel trailers and 5th wheels, from what you've observed, but they don't do motor coaches in any way shape or form, either financing or insuring. When you contact them to write a fire policy on your buildout on a lot you own, they think you are talking Greek. They obviously do not embrace or understand the RV lifestyle very much. That said, they remain my insuring for 4 wheel vehicles and home fire policy since 1978, with never a problem with claims or dramatically increasing premiums. Just wished they did coaches. JMHO
As I wrote earlier, USAA does insure motor homes, at least in North Carolina, and we did get our new motor home financed thru them.

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:04 AM   #36

Carolina Campers
We are also in NC, it does depend on the state laws to some extent. While they are one of the best for being anywhere in the country they do have to follow state guidelines.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:06 AM   #37

USAA used to insure RVs same as cars. I got it on my first MH and when I got the second they said I could also carry it over, and will be able to do it until I no longer have an RV.
Melvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:58 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Maybe the key to financing is ...don't tell them you are going to live in it full-time.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #39

Quote:
I must have had a completely different experience than most here. USAA financed two RVs for us (currently paying off the second one) and they didn't hand us off to Progressive for insurance, they handed us off to Foremost, who had a very competitive rate. The Foremost policy shows up right on my banking page just like all of my other USAA accounts and is handled, payment wise, as if it were through USAA. As far as Progressive goes however, I agree with others; if that companies was on fire I'd grab the marshmallows.
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:42 PM   #40

USAA insured my 5th wheel for over 7 years and were awesome! Great rates and service. Did have a claim when a truck lost its load of wood and it dinged both the truck and 5er. Very easy process and settled painlessly with no increase. Bought my motor home and they do not cover them. Ended up going with Good Sam on just the MH and are happy so far. No surprises at renewal time.

Bill & Christine
40 ft Revolution LE Diesel Pusher & Honda Fit Sport
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Chiefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:16 PM   #41

Ford Super Duty Owner
Odd - USAA refered us to progressive for Class-A, Class-C, and 5th wheel... Dunnno.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:12 PM   #42

Country Coach Owners Club
Called USAA on Monday last to inquire about my MH insurance. Currently I have Allied and was wondering if USAA could cut me a better deal. Well, here's the skinny.
USAA referred me to Progressive, Progressive talked to me and we compared policies straight down the page. Progressive wanted $2800 for the first year and Allied was charging me $1500 for the same coverage. I told the Progressive guy that I didn't see the reasoning in moving to his insurance when he cost $1300 more than I was already paying. Believe it or not, he agreed with me and told me that I would be better staying where I was, that they just could not meet that cost threshold. So there you go, it does pay to shop around. By the way, Farmers wanted $2900 for the same coverage and I have everything with them.

Tags
insurance