Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Animal shot records

During last falls "leaf tour" we were required to show our dogs shot records at a New York CG. They made copies saying it was a state law. Interestingly the other 2 NY CG's never mentioned it.
Moral of the story: Carry the animal shot records (copies) even in the US.
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller
During last falls "leaf tour" we were required to show our dogs shot records at a New York CG. They made copies saying it was a state law. Interestingly the other 2 NY CG's never mentioned it.
Moral of the story: Carry the animal shot records (copies) even in the US.
We carry the rabies shot records. What other shot records did they ask for?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
I'm in Washington, and they issue tags for the rabies shot- I'd think that's enough???

By the way, I was relieved to see the real subject after I clicked on the link- I actually thought the subject was "how many animals GET shot when RVing", or something...
I really need to get out more!

Francesca
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #4

Unfortunately tags won't do. And technically many states require not only a current rabies vaccination but a health certificate filled out by a licensed accredited veterinarian. In twenty five years of veterinary practice I have never heard of someone getting in hot water for not having the health certificate for a 'companion animal" (dogs and cats) but technically it may be required. Livestock and horses however are a different matter. States take those health certificates VERY seriously.
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Many times we've been told we were going to need them by the CG over the phone but I don't recall ever being asked... and we travel with three dogs. We keep a folder with all of their records in it and it goes in the coach with us.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would recommend you scan them and save them in PDF format on a flash drive,, That way heaven forbid you loose the paper you still have a copy.. But do keep the copy too.

I sort of do that with my personal medical records (E-health key from Medic Alert) which I need to update later today (just picked up my mail)
Old 06-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We always carry the records. Only CG to date that wanted records is Disney FW. Other CGs have said on the phone we will need records but when we arrive never asked.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
To date only Disney FW CG has asked for records, they also charge $5.00 per night for the pet.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #9

We carry a copy of the dogs records. Is a copy all that is required or do we need the originals in the motorhome. I have never been asked for them anywhere. She always has the license around her neck.
dagray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
To date only Disney FW CG has asked for records, they also charge $5.00 per night for the pet.
Disney doesn't charge $5.00 per night, they charge a one time $5.00 charge, no matter how many nights you stay. At least in December 2010 & February 2005 that's what they charged. If they charge $5.00 per night, they just started that this year. I didn't find that unreasonable at all because they have a nice dog park there, they provide bags for cleanup and my dogs loved it there. Well except for the fireworks at night
hdglide6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I do not know of any laws requiring showing proof of shots, but we carry the dogs rabies shot record with us as a matter of record. Sometimes areas will have a rabies outbreak and will want proof of vaccination if you travel into the area or out of the area.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #12

Our Vet. gave us an "International Pet License" for each of our pets.
She told us we would need it crossing the Canada / USA border. We gave it to the crossing guard with our passports going into the States at the Coutts crossing, but crossing back over they never asked for anything, Not even our passports. Asked our address and where we bought our trailer. That was it...