Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2018, 12:04 PM   #15

We also have a Pit Bull that my daughter found on the side of the road as a pup. She isn't a pup any more & loves to go out RVing. Shes about 90 lbs. which is the largest female Pitts get.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0301.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	189853
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2018, 01:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
Yeah. I was going to say part goat.
I have no clue why every other time I post a pic, this forum does it sideways....sorry.
They are all taken with the same phone camera and uploaded the same way, via my recharge cord, etc.
6x16inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6x16inside View Post
Judging by the grunt of the animal welfare officer lifting her into the truck, pretty dang heavy.
You see, she was dropped at the end of my sort of dead end street. I watched as the guy shoved her away from the car and waved bye then watched him pass by and took note of his tag and called 911 who passed me on to animal welfare.
Despite being Sunday morning, they were over within 15 minutes, maybe because I had walked down to her and reported that her rectum/colon was coming 3 inches out of her body as she tried to do what she thought was poop.
Great way to start any one's day......not.
Hopefully, he was being truthful when he said she would not be put down due to being evidence of the owner dumping her out like that especially. As a matter of fact, he passed by the vehicle that dropped her out on the way over parked not too far away around the corner.
He said they will fix her rear end issue and she will be kept in a special hold and that after court finishes, she'll go up for special adoption.
I was pretty sure of the pit or bull dog type but she was sweet as molasses and let me put the rope around her to walk her to my yard and have some water while waiting on the AW.
You did great, better then me. I probably would have over reacted. Chased the guy down and either beat the hell out of him, or got my butt kicked trying. Good job doing the right thing.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:58 PM   #18

That is definitely a pitbull probably has razor pit mixed up with himClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-01-24-15-57-37.png
Views:	93
Size:	538.0 KB
ID:	189865
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiels7 View Post
That is definitely a pitbull probably has razor pit mixed up with himAttachment 189865
Oh wow! Yes, definitely same body shape. She was a tad on the thin side but not too bad.
This morning, (oddly enough on the other side of this large city) I ran into the second AW guy that transferred her into his truck and once he recalled that I was the witness, etc., he told me she was doing fabulous, that the AW vet took right over and fixed her issue within minutes of her arrival and that she is just super sweet!!
I later put in a call asking if considering the situation, I could have first dibs on her future adoption but haven't heard back.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:00 PM   #20

That great. Unfortunately for a lot of dogs this breed some shelters will just put them down because of the breed. Some states even have a ban on them.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:14 PM   #21

Hope you get the dog. Sounds like you could have an ever loving softy on your hands. The good news is nobody will bother you while walking the dog. They won't know the the puffta nature of it. Got cats? Ours loves what she considers 'her' cats. Too bad the cats don't have the same love for her.
Triangle Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle Drifter View Post
Hope you get the dog. Sounds like you could have an ever loving softy on your hands. The good news is nobody will bother you while walking the dog. They won't know the the puffta nature of it. Got cats? Ours loves what she considers 'her' cats. Too bad the cats don't have the same love for her.
I have 3 and no no, wouldn't happen. My sister wants the dog actually but they didn't return the call.
Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me that all their nicety was for show and and and.....no, I don't trust people anymore than I can throw them.....
Old 01-27-2018, 04:43 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tabby...
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 07:53 AM   #24

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
From the dog's coloration my first thought was a pit bull/Boston terrier mix. I hope that guy gets more than a fine for his stupidity and cruelty. Perhaps you can interest one of your local reporters in the story. A little publicity would help make this story not fall thru the cracks. Might even educate a fool or two.

If he couldn’t afford her vet care he could have surrendered her to animal welfare. It sure would be nice if the punishment could fit the crime. Drop him off in the desert and let him find his way home.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:30 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Agree. Having a local news story, (barring any anti-Pit Bull bias from the media), might just get her adopted to a loving home.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:03 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle Drifter View Post
Reminds me of many years ago, when my bride used to walk my 125 pound Rhodesian mix, on nights when I had to work late. She was aware of the dangers of a young woman walking alone on the edge of a city.

She told me the story of one night when she rounded a corner on the sidewalk, and found a group of young people 1/2 block ahead. As she was deciding if it was safer for her to cross the street to avoid a confrontation, apparently my dog Rusty was also making assessments.

Before she could cross the street, they watched her and the dog for a moment, and then THEY crossed the street. Smart punks.

This same dog had a neighbors visiting 7 year old run down the street, and do a flying tackle/hug to Rusty's head! The dog was fine, and I had to explain to the child that he should not do that to unfamiliar dogs.

5 years later my first born son learned to walk by holding to Rusty's fur...

I wish the OP luck in adopting this dog. Treat her right, and she can be a great addition to your family...
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:32 PM   #27

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Agree. Having a local news story, (barring any anti-Pit Bull bias from the media), might just get her adopted to a loving home.
I'm hoping the focus of the news story would be about dumping unwanted pets and to educate the public that there are much better alternatives. The feel good ending could be about the dog finding a wonderful new home with the OP's sister.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 04:59 PM   #28

The sad thing with animal control is had they surrendered they probably would have put it down being a bully breed and needing surgery.

She looks like a sweetie. I have soft spot for bully breeds. No dogs, my cats would shred them.