RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:40 AM   #29

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Chlorox (Fresh step) has a new one called "Clean Paws" that is not supposed to track as much.. Still tracks though. NO matter what you use, it's gonna track. Wish I could be more help.

Shreeded newspaper might work.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2018, 09:02 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadman View Post
Newbie question:

Can the clumped cat feces and urine from the litter box be flushed down into the black tank?
You shouldn't even dump it down a regular toilet.

TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:31 AM   #31

Just an update on the Tidy Cat Breeze pellet system. Been using it for two months now and the cats are fine with it. It does make a lot of noise when they are in the box, especially if you have a digger. Generally, there is no odor, due to the combination of the pellets and the gel type pad that the urine passes into from the pellet / grate system. Occasionally, you will find a pellet that was kicked out, or caught in the paw and tracked out. Overall, great product, and I am extremely pleased with it. Also, extremely easy to clean and wash out. No more class tracked around the house or RV!
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:39 AM   #32

Caught in the paw? Bahahaa cats aren't that innocent. If my cats can use the litterbox, climb through a swinging door, walk through the living room, kitchen, dining and front room and still get cat littler in the bed....Its on purpose.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:02 AM   #33

Here is our set up. I've read blogs where the put the box in the basement and made access some where. I can't imagine bringing all my cats. Right now just my old lady comes with us. Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1597912666983542.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	203908
Old 05-24-2018, 09:55 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
Caught in the paw? Bahahaa cats aren't that innocent. If my cats can use the litterbox, climb through a swinging door, walk through the living room, kitchen, dining and front room and still get cat littler in the bed....Its on purpose.
Sounds like your cats know that they are the bosses in your home! LOL
jrwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:01 AM   #35

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I can't imagine bringing all my cats. Right now just my old lady comes with us. Attachment 203908
I can't imagine leaving any of my six home when I go, even for just a weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170506_080715.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	416.3 KB
ID:	204056   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170924_101747_001.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	343.7 KB
ID:	204057  

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadman View Post
Newbie question:

Can the clumped cat feces and urine from the litter box be flushed down into the black tank?
Depends on what litter you are using... if it is clay clumping litter, I wouldn't you will get a clay sludge in the bottom of your tank. If it is pine pellets, that might float out ok when you dump... solids (Poop) only usually can go in the toilet, the rest you need to bag and discard in the trash.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:23 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I can understand that. All mine are rescues and while they can live in the same house most abide by the cat code of ethics 3 ft rule one is the 10 ft rule the other follows the I think Iím he only cat rule. With 8 cats there is not enough room for all their rules. Plus my Siamese princess of the litter box is picky and one box will not do even if cleaned multiple times a day. Thankfully she will always pee in the box often she will pee and step out of the box and poo on the floor. Even when she is the only cat using a clean box she does it. The vet says she is speshul in a short bus sort of way. Haha
Old 05-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Depends on what litter you are using... if it is clay clumping litter, I wouldn't you will get a clay sludge in the bottom of your tank. If it is pine pellets, that might float out ok when you dump... solids (Poop) only usually can go in the toilet, the rest you need to bag and discard in the trash.
I wanted to mention that for cat litter waste I put it in a bag and keep it in a metal popcorn tin stored outside. I usually keep it next to the door unless itís raining. Had a problem with dogs or some other animal getting into the cat snacks and keeping them inside was smelly. My gericat is one stinky kitty.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:48 AM   #39

Breeze Litter

+1 on Breeze litter system. It seems expensive at first but in comparison to others that I have to replace much more frequently, but overall it works out to just a little more for the Breeze. I especially like the odor control and less litter tracking. I use Amazon Basics cat pads that work in the tray below the litter compartment. They are less expensive than the Breeze pads and nearly as good at odor control. I initially bought the Breeze system for our motorhome, but I switched to it also in my S&B home, where it works great as well.
NCPearlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:38 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Ditto.

That's a nice secure cat cage!!
How did you rig it to your MH?
tucson.don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:34 PM   #41

For years I have been using top entry litter boxes - mine are Clever Cat, - and I use cedar bedding instead of cat litter - the kind that people use as animal bedding. You can buy blocks of it in most grocery stores, or huge cubes of it for a few bucks at big box stores. It smells nice, it is very light, the cats love it.

Housekeeping is a bit different. The cedar holds the moisture from urine, and the poop stays separate. You can if you want to scoop out the poop - but I have a litter box for each cat, line each litter box with 40 gal trash bags, fill it 1/3 full of cedar bedding (inside the plastic) then tie them off and toss them once a week. Works for me.
llewkcalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:02 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
Just an update on the Tidy Cat Breeze pellet system. Been using it for two months now and the cats are fine with it. It does make a lot of noise when they are in the box, especially if you have a digger. Generally, there is no odor, due to the combination of the pellets and the gel type pad that the urine passes into from the pellet / grate system. Occasionally, you will find a pellet that was kicked out, or caught in the paw and tracked out. Overall, great product, and I am extremely pleased with it. Also, extremely easy to clean and wash out. No more class tracked around the house or RV!
Thanks for sharing this! Everyone from my family was using a simple bentonite litter for ages, me also until we got a new furry member on board. He didn't really like it and sometimes ignored the litter preferring to do his business right near it. Even this one mentioned above didn't make a difference https://www.worldsbestcatlitter.com/...ed-cat-litter/

Quote:
Here is our set up. I've read blogs where the put the box in the basement and made access some where. I can't imagine bringing all my cats. Right now just my old lady comes with us. Attachment 203908
Nice setup. I read an article on this blog and I learned about disposable litters. I got a pack of those and tested it on my cat. He liked it and used it a few times, but it doesn't hold an odor at all. I decided to buy a new hooded litter as yours and fill it with tidy cat pellets. I want to choose between this https://www.amazon.com/Van-Ness-Cont.../dp/B0002ASCGC or this https://www.amazon.com/Catit-Jumbo-H.../dp/B003RQVGKC

Tags
cat