Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm so glad to hear your little Maggie is doing better. She's a very lucky doggie to have such loving and careing parents. Me and my DW have a mini schnauzer (Sophie) that is now the center of our attention. She loves to go with us when we go camping. What would we do without them?

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We were told that Maggie was a Mini Schnauzer mix when we adopted her. Two vets have told us that she looks more Cairn Terrier. We had ordered a mixed breed DNA test kit and it arrived the day she was bitten. We will take the samples and send them off when she gets home. We don't care what breed she actually is but thought it would be neat to see what DNA says.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Yay! I'm glad to hear that Maggie is improving.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
We were told that Maggie was a Mini Schnauzer mix when we adopted her. Two vets have told us that she looks more Cairn Terrier. We had ordered a mixed breed DNA test kit and it arrived the day she was bitten. We will take the samples and send them off when she gets home. We don't care what breed she actually is but thought it would be neat to see what DNA says.
Wayne & Roberta, After my DW took one look at Maggie she said that she looks like she has some Schnauzer blood in her. Here's our Sophie.

Sammie

Old 12-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Still keeping Maggie in my thoughts and prayers......may she come home soon!
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We visited her today at noon and she was dramatically better. They took the mesh "coat" off this morning. We haven't been given a day to bring her home yet but we hope maybe in the next few days. I was going to post a picture of her injuries and incisions but it may be too gross for some viewers.

Thanx again for everyone's kindness.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #35

Texas Boomers Club
Bless her heart - she sounds like a real trooper! I hope she gets to come home to a great new life soon; she's certainly paid her dues and more than deserves it.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #36
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I'm happy she's doing well. I'll bet this will be one pampered pup when she gets home.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I do hope she goes home soon. She will recover so much faster with your loving care. So glad this is having a happy ending.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The IV's are all out and Maggie is on oral meds. She MAY get to come home tomorrow evening.

Just as a FYI, the police told me today that because "no crime was committed", they can't do anything. The police report looks like something from the FBI or CIA. Every name and address has been blacked out. If I want to find info on the dogs owner I will have to get an attorney to issue a subpoena for an un-redacted report.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #39

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm just happy for you guys that little Maggie is going to be allright. As for the owners of the other dog, I just hope it doesn't happen to someone else.

Sammie
Old 12-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #40
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
...Just as a FYI, the police told me today that because "no crime was committed", they can't do anything.

You've got to be kidding! You've got to have some recourse. If a person had done that to another person, that would be aggravated/felonious assault at minimum & attempted homicide/murder at worst. Just because it involved dogs, doesn't make it any less wrong.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Lori

I wish I was kidding! They tell me it is now a civil matter but won't tell me who the owner is or where they live. Animal Control has labeled the dog as "an aggressive animal" and warned the owners if it bites again "something" will be done. Right now we are concentrating on getting Maggie well and will fight the battle over damages later. Her Vet bill is now nearing $12,000. Thank God we are able to pay it.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #42

National RV Owners Club
It's hard to take but dogs are property and you can only recover the cost of replaceing her. Not fair but the law, no pain and suffering. I understand the costs for her care. Here's Ollie, three leg sugeries two at $2000 and one at $1000 but now he's walking like a pup.

Hoping for the best! It's amazing how quick and well they heal without complaining, people could take a lesson.

Keep the faith.

Dick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	16177   Click image for larger version

Name:	day0103.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	265.0 KB
ID:	16178