Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Ok I tried--one turned out but the others didn't--even though I did them all the same

Maybe it's the wine I had with dinner..........

Karen of:

mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2007, 06:11 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Pic 1

Pic#2

Pic #3

(M2Mastiffs - I still make the same mistake..I will PM you to tell you what you did wrong...)

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:57 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Jeese Louise Karen,
If there is reincarnation, I want to come back as one of your dogs! That's what I call livin'!

Cameo, good to meet you. We'll be hangin' out at the Mesa Regal RV Park, along University Ave starting Dec. 1st through Jan. 2cnd. It'll be nice to kick back for a month.
Right now we're spending two nights in Bakersfield, CA. Then it's down to Palm Springs for 3 or 4 nights. Hey! It's 39 degrees here when I woke up this morning. At least it's not 20* like it was in Rogue River, OR! Boy, I'm sure turning into a wimp for an Alaskan!
See ya around,
AKBrick
Old 11-25-2007, 11:16 AM   #18

Wife and I show Newfs and Porties. I train and handle she grooms. Seems to work out well for us. Oh ya, I also drive dw around in the motorhome. Our paq floor plan works out well for us with the big dog crates. We travel with no less then two Newfs and one portie. At times we will have another Newf or two on the road with us. For now we have just the two Newfs (both champs), waiting for one to grow up to special and one Portie who just turned one and needs a major to finish. I will show other peoples dogs but do not consider myself as a professional handler.
We try to stay within a ten hour drive of home for weekend shows but will travel to the Nationals (still work for a living). Motorhome is having some hail damage repaired right now then into storage for winter.
We will be entering some winter shows such as St. Paul and Milwaukee and sure there will be more.
I keep telling dw that we should move south.

Good luck to all of you!

Ed
Old 11-25-2007, 03:07 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Ed S,
Hopefuly we'll see you at the shows. I'm sure we'll bump into each other sooner or later.
Bummer about the hail damage, but that will soon pass.
We had one couch taken out of the superslide on the roadside. We had it replaced with a eurochair which worked out great. The three dogs crates stack perfectly in the front corner of the slide behind the drivers seat.
Good luck in the future.
AKBrick
Old 12-01-2007, 06:04 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
We are at Eukanuba dog show right now--the National championship. It started today with the hound, non-sporting, sporting and toy group dogs showing and tomorrow the herding, terrier and Working dogs show. The shopping is great, it's crowded, the dogs spectacular!! They also have Meet the Breed exhibits and I think every breed was represented today. Sparkle "worked" with a large male mastiff today at the Mastiff booth. Jeffrey and I helped put it together yesterday and our booth won 3rd place in the working group!
Sparkle had a blast at the booth--everyone was petting her and giving her treats. She was a bit spooked and barked once at a TV camera as they took pictures of her
Surf shows tomorrow. There are 24 mastiffs from all OVER the country--North Carolina, New York, Mississippi, Florida and closer, Colorado, Arizona and of course CA. LOTS of Monacos around--one with Great Danes is parked near us and was actually towed in to it's space! They were only 10 miles away and their plate says Florida--forgot to ask where they are from.........
Well just an update. The show is not live this year on TV--Animal planet is here but it won't be on until Feb 2nd I think it is.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Karen of:
Old 12-02-2007, 05:45 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Good luck, Karen!!
Old 12-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Congratulations Surf! And Karen & Jeffrey, too! He deserves an extra doggie biscuit. Woof!
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:40 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Karen,
My wife Jo and I will be switching back and forth between the Eucanuba Dog show and the Superbowl. Hope all went well at the show.
See you at the Polo Grounds in Indio CA next month and have a great Christmas Season.

We just got into the Mesa Regal on Saturday.

AKBrick
Old 12-03-2007, 05:27 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Good morning,

Just got home last night from Long Beach. Surf showed so well--we were SO proud of him. He moved well, baited, etc. He made the first cut and then the last--actually it was between he and a dog from the East Coast. The judge pulled them both out and had then stack up next to each other, looked at their rears--that is when I thought we had it as Surf has a very well muscled rear and he pointed to the other male. Ah the politics of dog shows. The dog is from the East, handler is VERY political in the East and judge from RI! We got 1st Award of Merit though. When the judge handed Lenard (our handler) the AOM ribbon he said with a smile, it does not get ANY closer than that.
So that was nice. I bred Surf and he has been through a lot in his life--parvo at 6 weeks, Valley Fever, attacked by another mastiff in the ring, etc.
So sorry you won't get to see him on TV
AKBrick--enjoy the weather in Mesa although I heard it was nasty over the weekend.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:46 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Karen,
We got here Saturday after the heavy rains and it's been great since.
Congratulations on the AOM! I know it is tough handling against the pro's. It can't get any sweeter than when your dog wins over a pro's dog. Yes, the AKC has really gotten political and it's a real bummer for the regular person with a great dog. But....that's what we got and hopefully we'll get a judge that isn't biest towards a handler and just loves dogs. There are a lot of them out there. It's sad when you have to go judge shopping before entering a show, infact it feels lowdown when you have to do it.

Yikes, I'm getting into a whole other topic here.

Have a great Christmas Season!!! Hows'at?
AKBrick
Old 12-04-2007, 04:54 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats, Karen! What you describe is one of the reasons I don't think I could do the dog show circuit... I'd never be able to keep my mouth shut (I have a low tolerance for those kind of politics). But, my hat's off to all of you that do show, and I look forward to hearing about all of your events. Got pictures??

Brenda, of...
Old 12-05-2007, 01:22 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bsavage:
Got pictures??QUOTE]

Brenda,
Here is the link from the AKC page of the breed winners for mastiffs:
http://www.akc.org/nationalchampionship/blocks/dsp_popu...201&event=2007277106

Not Surf's best picture but ok. The gentleman who is showing him is our handler, Lenard Clayton.
It is sometimes hard to congrat the winner and walk away. We complain when we return to the motorhome so no one can hear .

Karen
Old 12-06-2007, 11:48 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Surf is just beautiful!!!!