Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2019, 06:21 AM   #29

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
As long as the Dogs are in their own RV space inside or out and secured. No Problem. Just keep them on a leash or lead as I call it. A noisy dog can be a major RV Park issue and that should be corrected for everyone peace of mind. Most RV'ers love their dogs and for the most part, are not a problem. After all, they are family....lol them ugly kiddos with a mind of a 3-year old for troubles. lol

But then again I'm one of them, four-legged canine lovers.

http://VDHA.us/
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2019, 06:47 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squerly View Post
What happens if she barks a 2nd time?
She gets a quick “knock it off”... The point being that, unlike many other dog owners, we don’t let our dog yap away until she feels like being quiet..
Old 03-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #31

We have two greyhounds that travel with us. The lines many of you describe are frowned upon for greys, along with retractable leashes. I f we are outside the motor home and they want to be with us they are on their usual leash sometimes looped on the leg of a chair but more often around my ankle or wrist. Most of the time they prefer to be inside.

We really like parks with fenced dog runs. We will let them have a good run when no other dogs are around.
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:34 PM   #32

Pretty sure RV parks/CGs have PET rules that state..........
*must be on leash
*not left unattended

Our 70# Border Collie/Lab was always 'leashed'.....either 6' hand held for walks or a fixed/attached leash for campsite area that allowed her to roam curbside area W/O being able to reach edge of campsite
We attached that 'lead' thru trailer rim which was next to mid-entry door.
Open door/she went in then leash was removed (left inside)
Then when ready to go outside she was leashed THEN door opened

LEASHED at all times.........simple and appropriate 'control' method
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:41 AM   #33

Well on a leash is a must. Unattended is another have to. Those fences many post on this thread are quickly being phased out in RV parks. Many owners put up a fence and forget to pick up. Or they leave them outside unattended. "he wont jump the fence" cant tell ya how many times ive heard that. Then before ya know the dog jumped the fence and is running free. If ya need a fence ya dont need to bring the furry friend with ya. Only an opinion. I do have a furry friend hes a companion and we walk several times a day. Walking is good for me and him. Nothing more irritating when someone dont care for or cant control there pet.

Whats worse someones unleashed running free pet. One that jumper the fence or got away from a kid that shouldnt be walking him. Attacking someone elses animal thats tied to a step or wheel. Hes a sitting duck.
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:02 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
I skimmed this and we travel with 2 Siberian Huskys,, they love humans but not small animals, cats, dogs (yorkies etc)..

So we leash all the time..
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:14 AM   #35

Speaking of controlling dogs, don’t count on your screen door. I was walking around a state park last year with my papillon and passed a small TT when we heard dogs barking and then a crash as they ran through the screen door and starting to attack my dog. These were not small dogs. Fortunately their owners were Johnny on the spot and got them off of us before any damage to either of us. If you have dogs like these please leave them home.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:19 PM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a 2 year old Airedale 85 Lbs, my wife refers to her as a kangaroo on steroids. We use a 25’ braided rope which we tie to the grab bar at the door, we shorten it as required by the site (neighbors). We also have a tie out stake that screws into the ground and has a cable attached to it, we use this if there is a large open area. She is well trained but very social so these keep her in our space.
Doug29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, dog