Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2005, 09:30 PM   #1

I haven't posted here for some time but have been lurking a lot. Our RV interest has been somewhat curtailed do to job changes. What I wanted to post is about the loss of one of our Dogs today. I have read others post concerning the same and have often wondered how I would handle the loss of one of our two Dogs. Well today our Border Collie mix passed due to liver cancer. We have shared our life with her for over 11 years and it is even harder than I imagined. She was home with us and we were with her when she finally gave up but at least we know she left us knowing we loved her. I can only say that it hurts really badly and we already miss her more than words can say. Now we are worried about our other Dog. He is a Husky/Shepherd mix and the two have been a pair for life, now he is alone. Believe it or not he knows she is gone and seems to be looking for her. He has always been an outside Dog but now I think we will bring him in with us.
Thank you all for listening. We know about the Rainbow Bridge and hope to see our loved one someday.
Traildust
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2005, 09:30 PM   #2

I haven't posted here for some time but have been lurking a lot. Our RV interest has been somewhat curtailed do to job changes. What I wanted to post is about the loss of one of our Dogs today. I have read others post concerning the same and have often wondered how I would handle the loss of one of our two Dogs. Well today our Border Collie mix passed due to liver cancer. We have shared our life with her for over 11 years and it is even harder than I imagined. She was home with us and we were with her when she finally gave up but at least we know she left us knowing we loved her. I can only say that it hurts really badly and we already miss her more than words can say. Now we are worried about our other Dog. He is a Husky/Shepherd mix and the two have been a pair for life, now he is alone. Believe it or not he knows she is gone and seems to be looking for her. He has always been an outside Dog but now I think we will bring him in with us.
Thank you all for listening. We know about the Rainbow Bridge and hope to see our loved one someday.
Traildust
Old 04-20-2005, 01:07 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My heart goes out to you,just sit and reflect back on those 11 years...Bud

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:39 AM   #4

Traildust, I'm sorry for your loss. I too wonder how I'm going to handle it when the time comes for our two older weenie dogs... Our dogs are like kids to us and play a significant role in our lives. Like Captain Bud said, reminisce with your pictures and bring back those smiles & memories.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:01 AM   #5

Sorry about Your loss.Been there also John
Old 04-20-2005, 03:55 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
So sorry for the loss. People that don't have furry friends to share their life with do not understand the attachment between a person and their dog or cat. Remember all of the good times you had with her.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:02 AM   #7

Sorry to hear about your beloved dog. We lost 3 boxers during our married life. We always went out and bought another one. Sometimes within a week. They never have the same personality, but you can see some things that the "gone" one did. Sometimes it helps to get another one, sometimes, not. You will get over it and you can rely on your happy memories.

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:29 AM   #8

Traildust,
Sorry for your loss. We know they are family. We said goodby to our Snickers on October 1. We had her 12 years. It is very tough. Be close to your other dog, let him stay in the house, you all need each other. Your other dog will grieve, but will become closer to you. Our 2 year old Murphy has done that. Dogs are the best family anyone can hope for. We still shed tears over Snickers, but we are blessed with the memories of her and the joys she brought to us.

Robert, Nancy, & Murphy
Old 04-20-2005, 05:16 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Traildust:
Now we are worried about our other Dog. He is a Husky/Shepherd mix and the two have been a pair for life, now he is alone. Believe it or not he knows she is gone and seems to be looking for her. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Traildust,

Please accept our heartfelt sympathy for your loss. Sandy and I have lost 5 furry kids during our 35+ years of marriage. The latest was Brittany, a Sheltie we rescued who died last year at 13 years old. Bandit, our other Sheltie who is 5 and had always been with Brittany, grieved even more than we did at her loss, so Annabelle joined our family within a week or two.

Annabelle will never replace Brittany, and it would be unfair of us to expect her to. She did, however, bring the joy of new life back into our home with her own outgoing personality. Only you will know if and when the time is right to add another member to your family - there's no universal right or wrong answer. In the interim, pour out all the love and attention you can on your remaining dog - he needs it badly.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:02 AM   #10

Sorry to hear about your loss of a dear close friend. Joe
Old 04-20-2005, 06:35 AM   #11

I've always had a dog (or 2 or 3) except for a stint in the Military. Every time I lose one I tell myself not to get another. That lasts for 3 or 4 days. I miss them all. I have found that there is nothing one can say or do that helps. Time and tears seem to gradually numb the pain. I'm going to go now and give each of my 3 a treat and a special hug. Even pet the cat. You, your family and dog have my sympathy and understanding for the tough time you are going through. Art
Old 04-20-2005, 06:37 AM   #12

So sorry for your loss, I know the pain well.

"FOREVER GONE"

Forever gone, though not forgotten-
Said the dawning of the day-
Sadness fills each dreadful hour-
Time so precious, some might say-

A different memory each one has taken-
As if to mend a broken heart-
Days of grief are not forsaken-
Though pieces of life shall come apart-

To love a being with all you are-
And still feel them in your soul-
To place them on a shooting star-
And never let that feeling go-

To say goodbye, is never final-
You shall always be as one-
A loving soul shall float around you-
Shining brightly as the sun-

Phil
Old 04-20-2005, 09:16 AM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Traildust

Our sympathies too. We lost our 12 year old Dalmation in early December to kidney failure. She traveled all over with us. Focus on the good times and try not to dwell on the bad.

We now have a yellow lab pup. She made her first camping trip two weeks ago.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:19 PM   #14

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
We are very sorry Traildust.
Dogs have always been a very strong component of our family. A very loved member of the family.
If you want to, post a picture here of your beloved friend.

Good wishes,
Mike and Cordie
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote