Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2008, 08:59 AM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. Bear was a very fortunate dog to have found you. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2008, 11:20 AM   #16
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
You have our deepest sympathy. Bear was one lucky dog to have been rescued by you. You gave him a most wonderful life.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our condolences on your loss of Bear. We are happy for the 5 years that he had with you.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Sorry for your loss. You have our sympathy.

We have a neighbor that always says. "People who don't love dogs just aren't good people." I think he is on to something.

We are sure Bear was greatful for everyday since you rescued him. It is apparent that you loved Bear. We always remember him by the goggles he wore in a picture!

If you can start your day without caffeine;
if you can get going without pep pills;
if you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains;
if you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles;
if you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it;
if you can understand when your loved ones are to busy to give you any time;
if you can forgive a friends lack of consideration;
if you can overlook it when those you love take it out on you when, through no fault of your own, something goes wrong;
if you can take criticism and blame without resentment;
if you can ignore a friend's limited education and never correct him;
if you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend;
if you can face the world without lies and deceit;
if you can conquer tension without medical help;
if you can sleep without the aid of drugs;
if you can honestly say deep in your heart you have no prejudice against color, religion or politics;
then, my friend, you are almost as good as your dog.
Almost, but not quite.

Extract from Dr. James Dobson's Bulletin, FOCUS ON THE FAMILY November 2000

Tom, Patty, Kayla Czar, amd Abby Kat
Old 05-20-2008, 06:12 PM   #19

Texas Boomers Club
smlranger -

Only those of us who have been blessed by the unconditonal love of a pet can truly know the loss you feel at this time.

His life was touched by your act of kindness that turned into love and adoration for a short five years, but YOUR LIFE has been touched in a far greater way that will be everlasting.

Our hearts go out to you and your family as RustyJC and I know all to well the void you are feeling tonight.

Your beloved Bear is at peace tonight - our prayer for you is that your heart will be filled with peace as well.

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Smlranger,

Our hearts go out to you. We know the ache of the hearts you are feeling right now. Bear sounds like a special dog who found pet parents to love and cherish his specialness.

He will always be alive in the hearts and memories of all who came to know and love him.

Our prayers are with you in your grief.

Blessings,
Karen & Jeffrey
The mastiffs send big kisses to wipe your tears.
mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
So sorry to hear of your loss.

You have our deepest sympathy.

Ron
Ron & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:46 AM   #22

WE understand the loss you are feeling. Bless you for the great life you gave Bear.
Barb
Old 05-22-2008, 11:43 AM   #23

There are various places within which a dog may be buried. We are thinking now of a setter, whose coat was flame in the sunshine, and who, so far as we are aware, never entertained a mean or an unworthy thought. This setter is buried beneath a cherry tree, under four feet of garden loam, and at its proper season the cherry strews petals on the green lawn of his grave. Beneath a cherry tree, or an apple, or any flowering shrub of the garden, is an excellent place to bury a good dog. Beneath such trees, such shrubs, he slept in the drowsy summer, or gnawed at a flavorous bone, or lifted head to challenge some strange intruder. These are good places, in life or in death. Yet it is a small matter, and it touches sentiment more than anything else.

For if the dog be well remembered, if sometimes he leaps through your dreams actual as in life, eyes kindling, questing, asking, laughing, begging, it matters not at all where that dog sleeps at long and at last. On a hill where the wind is unrebuked and the trees are roaring, or beside a stream he knew in puppyhood, or somewhere in the flatness of a pasture land, where most exhilarating cattle graze. It is all one to the dog, and all one to you, and nothing is gained, and nothing lost -- if memory lives. But there is one best place to bury a dog. One place that is best of all.

If you bury him in this spot, the secret of which you must already have, he will come to you when you call -- come to you over the grim, dim frontiers of death, and down the well-remembered path, and to your side again. And though you call a dozen living dogs to heel they should not growl at him, nor resent his coming, for he is yours and he belongs there.

People may scoff at you, who see no lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall, who hear no whimper pitched too fine for mere audition, people who may never really have had a dog. Smile at them then, for you shall know something that is hidden from them, and which is well worth the knowing.

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master.

by Ben Hur Lampman

2006 Windsor PRT
Dalsn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:45 PM   #24

Gary, I've been off the forum for a few days. So sorry to hear about the loss of your precious Bear. I cry with you.

Many people don't understand the bond between a pet and his master. It is a very special, unbreakable bond, for those of us who are lucky enough to have this experience. We pet owners do.

Bear now runs across the Rainbow Bridge, where someday he will be reunited with his family.

God Bless.

Don
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
So sorry to hear about your Bear. You had Bear for a precious 5 year for both of you.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
I just came across your very sad story. I know how hard this hurts, as I lost one last year too. I'm very sorry for your loss. Bear was a beautiful dog. I'm sure he knew how much he was loved. Your kindness and good deeds will be rewarded. All us with pets share in your grief.

Sincerely,
Old 07-07-2008, 02:26 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
I am so sorry for your loss, but so glad that he was a part of your life, and happpy for him that you gave him such a great life.

Brenda, of...
Old 07-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #28

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
I'm just now getting around to participating in other forums and came across the story of Bear. You have my heartfelt sympathy. I lost my doberman Mochi 3 years ago, suddenly, from undiagnosed pancreatic cancer. She was gone 3 days after getting sick. I'll never be totally over it, but the two precious dogs I now have help daily. I want you to know that YOU WERE HEROES. You rescued a dog - you gave him a wonderful life. Instead of going out and paying money for a puppy that sometimes supports the most depraved puppy mills imaginable, you went out and rescued a homeless dog, desperate for your love and attention. There are a lot of noble actions in the world, but in this society of throw away animals, rescuing a dog is one of the noblest in my book. Nothing can replace Bear, but there are hundreds of thousands of dogs hoping that you will walk into their row of cages, point to them and say, "that's the one". Blessings on you and may peace come to your hearts. You are very special people. Just as Bear was a very special dog. We are meant to own the dogs in our lives - they teach us so much!!