Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2020, 02:35 PM   #1331

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstenberg View Post
This is Radar (yes, O'Reilly), the Boxer. He's a 2 yr old Mobility Service Dog. He's my partner on the road & makes all our adventures possible. He hauls me up our steep Class A stairs, along with the groceries & other assorted burdens, & makes it look so effortless! Attachment 271501Attachment 271502
If his legs were longer you could teach him to drive. But wait, do they make hand controls for RVs?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2020, 03:03 PM   #1332

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFlcamper View Post
Nina at friends lake property and her new kittens in the camper.
Spaz is now 4.5 years old, raised by a doggie.
And Spaz and Nina tried to adopt this last year.... I had to say no!
Attachment 269988Attachment 269989Attachment 269990Attachment 269991Attachment 269992
LOL~I get a kick out of the Geico commercial with the possum.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:42 AM   #1333

Willow (8 years old), Buddy and Lily (12 YO bro & sis), been RVing since they was pups and they love it!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5797 (2).jpg
Views:	43
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	271927  
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:16 AM   #1334

Send a message via Skype™ to paisleytime
Pet Photos

Papillon’s certainly make great travel companions- and ours loves to help with our pre-flight check[ATTACH]271944
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8739.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	442.7 KB
ID:	271944  
Old 01-11-2020, 07:47 PM   #1335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
That is so cool! I didn't know they had dogs that did that. Way to go!
Radar was already trained in mobility before I got the rig. We just had to adapt our old skills to the new rig realities of life. Our original trainer was able to help with that. Radar was used to much wider stairs going up & down before we got the rig; so when going down, he was always at my side to steady me if needed. He had to learn on the narrow rig stairs to stand one step up & behind - sort of off my left shoulder, so I could lean back & grab the short bridge, if I needed steadying, which was just the right height when he's a step higher than me. The long guide dog style bridge is for hauling me up hills, steep inclines, & stairs. When I grab that long bridge, he knows to pull. Believe me, Boxers are powerful! There's a lot of SD training organizations out there. You don't havta be a military veteran for most of them. It's getting the right match between you & the SD that's the essential ingredient. That well matched partnership, along with a trainer who can think outside the box, makes all the difference rv'ing with an SD.
dstenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 07:48 PM   #1336

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleytime View Post
Papillon’s certainly make great travel companions- and ours loves to help with our pre-flight check[ATTACH]271944
What a cute co-pilot!
dstenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:12 PM   #1337

One of our two cats with 40K miles on him. Note here in the desert he has no leash. DW is returning from a hike with him. We've done hikes up to a mile with him off leash. Of course, we do this only where the risk of encountering a dog is zero.

Name:	Shadow (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	46
Size:	799.6 KB
ID:	272005
hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:11 AM   #1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstenberg View Post
Radar was already trained in mobility before I got the rig. We just had to adapt our old skills to the new rig realities of life. Our original trainer was able to help with that. Radar was used to much wider stairs going up & down before we got the rig; so when going down, he was always at my side to steady me if needed. He had to learn on the narrow rig stairs to stand one step up & behind - sort of off my left shoulder, so I could lean back & grab the short bridge, if I needed steadying, which was just the right height when he's a step higher than me. The long guide dog style bridge is for hauling me up hills, steep inclines, & stairs. When I grab that long bridge, he knows to pull. Believe me, Boxers are powerful! There's a lot of SD training organizations out there. You don't havta be a military veteran for most of them. It's getting the right match between you & the SD that's the essential ingredient. That well matched partnership, along with a trainer who can think outside the box, makes all the difference rv'ing with an SD.
I would love to see more pictures of you canine tool at work. You sound very proud of him, as you should be.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 02:12 PM   #1339

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Tank

We lost Tank in March this year on his last trip. He was a wonderful traveler and always helped me load the coach.
The first pic is Tank while we were outside in Iowa . The second is him guarding the entrance to the mh.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20170928_134427598_HDR.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	644.6 KB
ID:	287484   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170403_123408.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	320.6 KB
ID:	287485  

lady puffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:01 PM   #1340

I can see why you called him Tank. From the looks of it, he must of had a good and fulfilling life.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:29 PM   #1341

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
He did, was a little trooper to the last day. Went blind last October, had become a brittle diabetic, but he was so excited the morning we left. We got to enjoy 4 wonderful days, before he became so very sick. It broke our hearts when we found out he had inoperable cancer. It was a hard decision, but we loved him to much to have him suffer anymore. We plan to get a pair of pug puppies in the near future who we hope will be as good at traveling as Tankie was.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:37 AM   #1342

Many of us have gone through the medical care and loss of a pet like that. We took our 2 year old Labradoodle on her last trip across the country. She had kidney failure and we were having to give her daily subcutaneous fluid injections that lasted an hour to stimulate her kidneys. We discovered Vets across the country are very caring and helpful people, and getting the special fluids she needed wasn't the problem we thought is was going to be. She was a trooper and loved hiking with us. Toward the end we had to carry her on our backs if we misjudged, ventured too far and her strength gave out. But unlike yours, Nilla lasted until we got home.

We now travel with two mid sized Labradoodles and two cats! "My Boys" love hiking and we have trained them on proper trail etiquette. The two cats? Well they are cats! They much prefer to remain behind and guard (sleep) the motorhome!

You will always remember Tank. I hope you have as much fun with the new ones as we do with ours.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:49 AM   #1343

Labradoodles rule lol

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:17 AM   #1344

Beautiful pups! Are they mini's? Ours are 25 pounders and full of energy. I usually burn off the excess energy by letting them chase their most favorite toy of all times. A Traxxas 4x4 monster truck. You should see them chase that thing. The down side is I go through a lot of expensive tires if I make a mistake and they catch it!

This one is Hershey, as in Hershey Kiss. He has a small tuft of hair that sticks up on top of his head.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190602_160959.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	784.4 KB
ID:	287556