Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2019, 11:21 AM   #715
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
So sorry for your loss........
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2019, 11:39 AM   #716

Understand the feeling all too well!
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:29 PM   #717

Tiffin Owners Club
So sorry. We have been there before. They stay with you forever...
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:14 PM   #718

Monaco Owners Club
I feel your pain! We lost two two years apart and we said we will not get another. We did give in and got another and love him to pieces. We still mourn the loss of the other two. They are all so individual!!
Old 03-16-2019, 10:38 PM   #719

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Annabelle the most loving beagle in the world. She loved to dress up and get her picture taken, then go see grandma and others at the asisted living home. She would lay with our disabled daughter and take naps or lay her head on her lap to be awkwardly peted. She passed on Nov. 7 2017 and our daughter passed December 21, 2017, from complications of her disabilities. They are both in a beter place where our daughter is free of her disabilities and can play with Annabelle who I'm sure is at her side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160216_224143.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	238350  
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:00 AM   #720

Lost my boxer of 11 years 15 years ago, worst day of my life. now 15 years later I well up as I write this. Took me 12 years till my next boxer/pit mix and she is a pure blessing.
Good luck to you
easywind1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:25 PM   #721

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have lost two cockers, and we just don't think we can stand to loose another one. But never say never I guess.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:43 PM   #722

I know exactly how you feel. Our buddy was only 12 when we had to put him down. Broke my heart!!

This may help a little. I was given this by our Veterinarian She knew how much I love him.

I still look beside the bed for him. He's always with me.

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep. I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear, "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea, You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care. I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key. I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair. I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday. To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew, in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide, I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

- Author unknown
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:49 PM   #723

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you so much for that poem. I read it to my wife and I hope you don't mind but I would like to put it as a comment on my story for visitors to read.

Thanks for all the kind replies from everyone else as well.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:19 PM   #724

Had to take care of two good friends in the past and another is in the near future. He has cancer and is slowing down fast. I still miss them after all the years but we do what we have to do for their well being.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:35 AM   #725

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gramps- View Post
Thank you so much for that poem. I read it to my wife and I hope you don't mind but I would like to put it as a comment on my story for visitors to read.

Thanks for all the kind replies from everyone else as well.

The poem is yours. I send it to everyone who has lost a furry companion.
My eyes still well up when I read it.
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:11 PM   #726

I took my old friend for his last ride tonight. Making the appointment was the hardest thing I've done in a long time. I'll miss him. He was 13 1/2 and we had him for 12. We rescued him from a family that didn't have time for him. He was one of the best pals you could have. He had a "big happy dog run" when he was glad to see you - big smile and his front feet would fly around as he ran toward you.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:50 PM   #727

My sympathies to the OP and to all those who lost their fury friends.

We too lost our friend last April. He was our best friend. He was 13. Still hurts...

Name:	Fathead%20sunning%20himself.%20Such%20a%20life....jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	239581
Old 03-30-2019, 01:06 PM   #728

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Yesterday morning I had to say goodbye to my everything, my baby girl Sam. She was absolutely special, so full of love, she took to RV'ing before I did only just starting this experience in June 2017. It was so much fun exploring destinations with her, going on walks to help discover the surroundings. She went with me everywhere, she was always at my feet or my side.

This is one of the hardest goodbye's ever in my life. She set the bar high, she was truly special. Farewell my sweetest girl. Some of you here got to meet her which I'm glad as she touches everyone she meets with her love and kindness.

I love you Sam!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Memorial.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	362.8 KB
ID:	240074  
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dog, service