Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Rainbow Bridge...

This thread is where you can let others know about the your loss of your family pet...

Our sincerest condolences to anyone who has the need to post here...

The iRV2 Moderators

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #2

We will post our "Rainbow Bridge" experience here in anticipation of a continuance of this topic, if it is out of line kindly remove it, thanks.

Yesterday, July 18,2008, our beautiful "Star" crossed the Rainbow Bridge. It had been a mere two weeks since the vets' diagnosis of Osteo Sarcoma in her left rear leg. Xrays and blood work confirmed the diagnosis.

I held her in my arms as the vet administered the injection, she looked trustfully into my eyes. She peacefully crossed over then. Star was a 100 lb black Lab and a dear friend for almost 13 years. We miss her so. As I drove her home to her resting place on our little farm that old song "I'll be seeing you" came on the radio. Till then Star.

Jack&Rita
Old 07-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Jack and Rita,

We are so sad to hear of your loss. Star sounds like she was a wonderful friend and companion for many years. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #4
ET

No matter what happens to this thread Nancy & I wanted to say we're sorry to hear about your loss. It seems like most RV'rs are pet lovers as well. We lost Buddy & Mickey a few years back at 14 ½ & 15 ½ then rescued our Nikki & Willie just after that. Know that they'll always be with us wherever we go!
Old 07-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our deepest sympathies go out to you, I can't imagine your feelings. I hope that the administrators do maintain a Rainbow Bridge topic...

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #6

Thank you MonacoMAma and please thank the other moderators for their kind understanding.

Jack&Rita
Old 07-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #7
ET

Quote:
Originally posted by MonacoMama:
This thread is where you can let others know about the your loss of your family pet...

Our sincerest condolences to anyone who has the need to post here...

The iRV2 Moderators
Thank you MonacoMama

Nancy and I created a memorial for our Buddy & Mickey a while back, WestieHeaven.com They are always in our hearts and no matter where we go we can always visit "Our Boys" as well.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:00 AM   #8

Jack & Rita,

I am so sorry for you loss.
Your in my prayers.

Weep not for me though I am gone into that gentle night.
Grieve you will, but not for long upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace, my soul's at rest
For with your love I was so blessed.
For all those many years.
There is no pain, I suffer not,
The fear now all is gone.
For it is in your memory that I happily live on

Quote:
Originally posted by widowsson68:
We will post our "Rainbow Bridge" experience here in anticipation of a continuance of this topic, if it is out of line kindly remove it, thanks.

Yesterday, July 18,2008, our beautiful "Star" crossed the Rainbow Bridge. It had been a mere two weeks since the vets' diagnosis of Osteo Sarcoma in her left rear leg. Xrays and blood work confirmed the diagnosis.

I held her in my arms as the vet administered the injection, she looked trustfully into my eyes. She peacefully crossed over then. Star was a 100 lb black Lab and a dear friend for almost 13 years. We miss her so. As I drove her home to her resting place on our little farm that old song "I'll be seeing you" came on the radio. Till then Star.

Jack&Rita
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:23 AM   #9
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Jack & Rita,

I am sorry for your loss, I know how tuff it is we just lost our 12 year old Pug on June 11, 2008. Just remember all the fun and joy you had togeather, and they will remain with you in your heart & mind!

Also if anyone thinks the other pets don't know just listen to these two things! 1) After the Pug would finish his meal our Boston would always go and clean his dish up! So one day since his passing we put a little food in the Pug's dish, and the Boston did not even touch it!! 2)The Boston has a little stuffed puppy she would throw around and pull the stuffing out of all the time! A few days after the passing of our pug our daughter put the stuffing back in and sewed it up! Now the Boston just caries it around with her, and lays it next to herself when she sleeps!! Makes you think don't it ???
Old 07-22-2008, 07:56 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jack and Rita:

So sorry for the loss of your wonderful and loving pet. We've recently lost a loving dog and know just how you feel.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:22 PM   #11

I'm so sorry for your loss! Our Cocoa has been gone for nearly two years and hardly a day passes that we don't mention how much we miss her. She was a sweet Chocolate Lab who was almost eleven when she had to be put down due to cancer. It is so heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet; all of us know that they are so much more than simply "pets" to their families who love them.
MissLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:58 PM   #12

In May I had to have my 15 year old Boston Bull Dog put to sleep, after having a stroke. One of the hardest desicions I have ever had to make. And I hope I don't have to do that any time soon ever again. My condolences to all as I know how hard this can be
Dana

2006 Dodge 3500 dually
countryside drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:49 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wife and I both know the pain in the loss of a special pet especially when it becomes so unexpected as it was this past Sept. A friend sent us the below site address that helped even today although we've replaced with another pup. Maybe it will be of help to others that feel the loss like we did.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Marty
Marty too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:27 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks MonacoMoma and irv2 for starting this thread.

My deepest sympathy to all who have lost a pet.

I just thought it would be nice to mention how nice the sympathy was shown from our Vet and Staff at Barsch Animal Clinic during the loss of our Blackie.

We spent about 5 times as much at a very expensive animal hospital to put our Golden down a couple of years ago and never received a word of sympathy.

Ron
Ron & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dog, service