Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2015, 04:28 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sweetie Pie update

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5144crp+Tw.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	452.9 KB
ID:	92884

It's been 3 years since Sweetie Pie adopted us and she has made some dramatic changes. She now comes up to be petted by me only

She has adapted to our monthly trips and a few longer trips, and I don't think she will need a Pheromone Collar for our vacation trip this year.

She still looks like a kitten and is so much smaller than our other two black cats. Boo still wants to play with her and sometime she will, but other times she will scream at him. He doesn't pay any attention to her outburst though, and just slowly saunters off.

Other than one mishap, my fault, she got away from me when I was putting her in the camper for one of our trips. That was the first and only time she has been outside since we made her an inside cat. She has had many occasions to go out when I'm entering the house and she is standing by the door looking out, but she has made no attempt to jump out.

The time she got away, I was putting her in the camper and I didn't have a good grip on her when I opened the door and she leaped out of my hand.

She ran under a fence to my neighbor's house and it took some time to get her back in the house. Needless to say, every time I would get close to her she would bolt away. I feel pretty certain that she would eventually come back, but on this day we were pressed for time and had to get her back as quick as possible. We finally left the front door open and I was able to chase her back in the house.

She loves to play and will come up to me and want me to play with her. She didn't even know how to play when we first got her. I still can't pick her up but I'm sure that will happen sometime in the future. She is still a totally different cat when she is in the camper. She is more lovable and will almost climb in my lap

It only took 7 years for my female cat Shadow to let my wife pet her, so I know in time Sweetie Pie will eventually let me pick her up and hold her

Ron
Ron & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2015, 06:12 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have two cats, Amber and Alex..About 10 years old.. Alex is a bit older, bigger and long hair.

Amber wandered into the office where I work,, She was about 7weeks old (per vet next day) and had Ear Mites (only medical issue) I brought her home and introduced her to that magic bowl (Food dish) that keeps filling with cat food... I also showed her clean water, Safe (no dogs) sleeping and so on.

We had a senior cat who was counting his hours.. I do not recall if they ever met or if he died (Renal Failure) While Amber was still in isolation due to ear mites.. But she searched and searched for that other cat.

So I went to Michigan Animal Rescue League and broutht home Alex,, a Maine Coon (Amber is very aggressive I figured he stood a chance of survival) They first saw each other.. Arched back, Straight tails and then a very short (like 30 minutes) later they were curled up together on the window bed sleeping.

They have both gotten out from time to time.. Usually we bring Amber back in but the last time she got out on her own she pulled an ALEX.. When we opened the door..She was on the steps waiting to get back inside.. You see, that is where the Food,Water,Bed and humans with petting hands live.

Last Saturday though... Loaded them in the car early (Along with food,water and sand) took them to "Work" (I do a voulenteer thing) for 2 hours (Well shaded,forced air ventelation, Car was a bit cool when I got back in (Tested the day before). drove to VET, Got Rabies shot..They did not like that much.

Insects inhabiting motor home did not like it much either.. While cats were gone I made them depart.. As in "We are gathered to remember our dearly departed"... Cats had to be out of the house during that.