RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:09 AM   #15

We have our Ansel with us and 10 years later I still have tears, we love them oh so very much ...... Love ya buddy, you are always here right in my heart, love ya!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1C86DBC3-4336-4A5B-85A6-8A1E4972B642.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	179739  

BraveWrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2018, 07:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by badturks5 View Post
I will be full time thing soon. My dogs are currently healthy, but what if I wake up one day and one is dead. What do you do with their body? I physically can't dig a hole to bury unless someone offers to help me along the way. Then where to bury? Along highway or find some open area?
Concerned dog mom
Take the body to a vet for cremation.

mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveWrigley View Post
We have our Ansel with us and 10 years later I still have tears, we love them oh so very much ...... Love ya buddy, you are always here right in my heart, love ya!
We have remains of 3 of our furkids. Their cremains will be mixed with ours when we join them.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:33 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There are pet creamation services most everywhere. They will handle everything, including pickup, if you want. Or they will educate you in how to handle and bring to them.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Staying at KOA Salome AZ. Thru The Summer, & Loving It..
Send a message via AIM to Bilgerat
If Off Grid

All the recommendations above are Spot On, Cremation is the best, Burying them in the wild increase the chances of your Loved One being dug up and scavenged are high.
But what to do if it's not a week day, this is my recommendation for taking care of your Loved One.
If you are Off Grid, wrap your Loved One in their favorite blanket, place them in a plastic bag. If you have a cooler, place them in the cooler and Ice Them Down
No cooler, ice them down in the bag. If you don't have ice, most places that carry ice are within an an hour drive, most likely closer. The most important thing to do is Put Them In Your Car, Truck or Your Rig as wild animals will be attracted to the scent. Some people think they will be fine outside, Don't Count On It.
In this part of the country (Rural Arizona), Vets will have an after hours phone contact (I refer to Weekend/Holidays), where they will open up to receive your Loved One.
I hope with all my heart you never have this happen On The Road, For All Who Have Had Their Loved Ones Cross The Bridge, I Hope The Wonderful Memories Out Weight The Sorrow.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:11 PM   #20
tcg

I also agree with cremation. We have three of ours currently on a shelf in urns that are actually their water dish. I had a local glass guy cut a piece of glass to fit the bowl. I have a picture of each one sealed under the glass.

The wife and I agreed whichever one of us goes first gets our guys buried with them. That way we don't have to worry that they will just get discarded. Although I know our daughter would take care of things we just don't want to leave her with more to do.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:23 PM   #21

Sad post
Old 04-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #22

We too recently lost our Irwin, an almost 17 year old Beagle. We were at home and I had a vet come to our house and administer the drugs to put him down as he hated with a passion going to the vet's. She told me of a service they provide where he would be cremated and his ashes would be mixed with other animals that were also cremated. Then they have a service where the cremains are respectfully and reverently spread on the Slopes of the North Cascades Mountains. I really liked that idea until we cross the rainbow bridge together.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
We too recently lost our Irwin, an almost 17 year old Beagle. We were at home and I had a vet come to our house and administer the drugs to put him down as he hated with a passion going to the vet's. She told me of a service they provide where he would be cremated and his ashes would be mixed with other animals that were also cremated. Then they have a service where the cremains are respectfully and reverently spread on the Slopes of the North Cascades Mountains. I really liked that idea until we cross the rainbow bridge together.
Sorry for your loss of Irwin - We LOVE them so very much.

BraveWrigley is offline   Reply With Quote