Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2013, 03:36 AM   #29

We have one kitty and, because she can't get under the bed (CAT diesel is there), she goes under the passenger side seat (it has a skirt like the bed). As soon as we stop, she heads for the food bowl ... she learned that from me.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #30

Ours go wherever they like.....just like the S&B.....
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #31

Nor'easters Club
We have three freeloaders that we travel everywhere with. The oldest girl (12) sits between my right heel and the from edge of the drivers seat. The 7 year old girl hides under the table & chairs or the passenger seat. The 1 1/2 year old boy that adopted us last summer sits on the dash or anywhere else he chooses and is basically fearless. One thing we do for our friends is to stop every 2-3 hours for 15 minutes so they can browse some dry food, drink and visit their rest station.
Once stopped at a destination, they never attempt to go near the door but instead settle in to a normal mode as soon as the slides are out.

Slightly off thread, but how many of you have been subjected to pet fees intended I guess for dog owners, for your cats that never set foot out of the coach/trailer and that most campers would never even know existed? They make no noise, and don't leave their. "Calling cards" in the pet walk area. Our cats don't cost the campground a penny. Seems a bit unfair to me. If the campground was asking about pets so they could help in case of emergency that's one thing, but in most cases, it's just an added revenue stream for the owners.
Ron
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRon View Post
......Slightly off thread, but how many of you have been subjected to pet fees intended I guess for dog owners, for your cats that never set foot out of the coach/trailer and that most campers would never even know existed?
We have never been charged a fee for the cats. And we don't try and hide them. All four sit in the windows so anyone can see them.

Quote:
They make no noise, and don't leave their. "Calling cards" in the pet walk area. Our cats don't cost the campground a penny. Seems a bit unfair to me. If the campground was asking about pets so they could help in case of emergency that's one thing, but in most cases, it's just an added revenue stream for the owners.
Ron
If any CG asked for a fee for our cats we would not stay there. Our cats do not leave the RV so they have no cause to want us to pay anything for them.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Savage Jr View Post
They are both gone to the rainbow bridge now and we miss them terribly. My monitor is getting all misty as I type. We would have a couple more in a heartbeat, but we can not stand to outlive another nor would it be fair to have them alone when we pass. A kitten stands a real good chance of outliving both of us.
Please go adopt an older cat as no one wants these dear sweet kitties because they are no longer cute kittens. Unless you are in your 80s they are not likely to outlive you. Rescues will take them back should you pass away or become unable to care for them. They deserve homes and love also.

Your kitties, looking down from the field at Rainbow Bridge, would be pleased.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Once we arrive we put out two of the "Kitty Kondo's(TM)" that we used to have made and sell.
NO we DO NOT have them for sale anymore. Builders company was sold and new owner upped the cost and wanted us to buy in quantities we couldn't justify.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BWOutside1.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	49576   Click image for larger version

Name:	BWOutside2.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	49577  

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #35

Damon Owners Club
Stanley, our 15 year old Norwegian Forest Cat hangs out on the bed or dinette bench. Ole, our 3 1/2 year old orange tabby, while a scardy cat at home, will hang out around the doghouse and passenger seats or sitting in his open carrier in front of the couch.

When parked, we put a big blanket on the dash and they love to sun up there.
patsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #36

We had our little fur ball for 21 yrs and a true blue camper! She traveled with us in our tt and at every pit stop I would put her in her litter box and she would do her thing! She traveled on my lap a sound asleep on her fuzzy pillow! She loved the leash so we would take her for walks at cgs. We had to send her to kitty heaven this past March shortly before we upgraded to a class c . She never got a ride 😩 she is missed everyday and everytime we hit the road. Rip Middi kitty
Btswrkn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #37

Traveling with cats

We are having a problem with one of our cats getting up under the dash on a ledge where the hoses and wires are located and will not come out.Does anyone have a suggestion of how to prevent this? Thanks
Kathy Hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #38

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some fabric or wire mesh tacked down?
We've never had much trouble with that till a couple times ago when one of the Japanese Bobtails got under there and disconnected the rear camera feed. Wasn't hard to fix and he hasn't done it since.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
My cats have a RV and let me drive it.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #40

Another boring reminder to NEVER move your slides unless you know where your kitties are - like in their carriers or the bathroom.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #41

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mine hide under the bed... Took me the longest time to figure out how they got there but that's where they hide, A little space oh about five by five feet by 4 or 5 inches high. But it is their choice and I can't stop them from hiding there less I put the slide out.

They are safe, Secure and happy. What more can I ask.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
When we take ours with us, a rescue, at first she gets vocal about being in the MH to begin with. After we get underway, she usually finds a spot on the bed and rides there.
When we stop for fuel, she'll get ion the dash and look out and people watch.
As soon as I start the engine, back on the bed she goes.

Tags
travel