Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing with Pets
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2014, 07:40 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
Make sure when you open it from outside the cat isn't sitting there waiting to jump out and take itself for a walk........
Yes. The cat access hole will have a way to restrict access at cleaning time.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2014, 01:36 PM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have two cats. We use a covered litter box. It sits in front of the closet. There are four little used drawers blocked by it but it is easy to move for access.There is plenty of room to walk past it since the closet backs up to the outside wall of the bedroom slide and is in a recess.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:50 AM   #17

I have two cats. I purchased a camper with bunks so that I could convert one bunk into the cat area/laundry area. I got two oil pans from the auto store for them to sit on and its perfect!
NY Camper 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #18

OMG NO! declawing is a terrible thing to do. please do not suggest it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
The bathroom is my recommendation. It has an exhaust fan and a door. When the shower is not being used, the litter box can be placed out of the way in there with the feed dish. A self cleaning litter box and automatic/timed bathroom air freshener would be advantageous. Declawing or nail caps will save furniture. Leash training the cats would allow them to be outside to sun themselves and not disturb other pet owners. Lastly, I recommend you have them both chipped and ID tags have your name, cell number and e-mail address on them in case they should get loose.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #19

Old 04-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Discussing declawing.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #21

Under bathroom sink

Hey. We didn't have a cat on our first try at full timing in 2007 but we will this time. We are taking the door off the bathroom vanity plus removing a shelf and making a litter box out of wood lined with cardboard to fit the area. When we went for a 'test drive' over the weekend we put it in the bunkhouse under the desk, that worked also but I don't want to be tripping over it. We don't use under the vanity anyway except for cleaning supplies that can be kept elsewhere or more easily set in the shower in a tote. (Our shower has glass doors so can't keep the box in there and leave the door open plus I don't like gravel or pine chips to clean up in the floor.) Under the cabinet the mess will be controlled--somewhat!
Wanderchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's what I did. More details if you're interested.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2094350
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #23

When we purchased our M/H we wanted a furball friendly home on wheels. It has a large pet window by the navigators feet, a pet food dish compartment at the bottom of the shower, a leash hookup in the outside storage bay and a entrance door mudroom for the litter box.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
I plan to make a storage bay into the cats bathroom. A hole in the floor above allows access. A ramp from the hole to the floor of the storage bay. Allows the litter box to be easily cleaned from the outside. Minimizes tracking into the coach.

A search will find pictures and threads regarding this and other ideas for litter boxing.
I did this and it works great.
Dick1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #25

Shower?
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:35 AM   #26

We are looking for better cat box solutions as well. We currently have the box on the floor in front of the passenger chair by a window, and of course scooping every day is a given! We do not have basement space to give up (or so my husband says! haha) and are experimenting with hanging a cage outside the window. Here is a picture of our cat in her new kitty hangout. We have another cage to hang out the driver window but have not tested it out yet.
KathyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:41 AM   #27

I tried adding the picture of the cage set up we hope to use for a litterbox, but it didn't show in my last post. If it doesn't show up again, anyone know why? :O
KathyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:11 PM   #28

Making holes into the basement, then having to enclose it so kitty doesn't get away? Sounds like a lot of work to me guys. Of course I guess we have a bigger house than we really need so could find space for the box many places, even in a corner of the closet. (That's the thing with Cedar Creek 5ers, lots of space. They know how to tuck in storage any and everywhere, more than you can really use due to weight issues. Our closet is huge, never use it all, so I might just go with that instead of under the vanity. Vincent's a weirdo though--what cat isn't?-- so he might not like it.)
Wanderchris is offline   Reply With Quote