Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #1

Solo Rvers Club
Any North Florida - South Georgia solos going West?

Where to start...... First, not looking for a dating/relationship companion! Would like to see if there are any other solos close to me that would be interested in conversation of a possible joint adventure of 4-6 months visiting the Dakotas, Wyoming then down to Arizona and New Mexico. I think it would be great (plus help my comfort level) to enjoy this trip with another RVer (or 2 or 3) that would be independent, not joined at the hip sorta thing and yet enjoy sight-seeing together and traveling together.

Have read other threads (and laughed a good bit) about opinions on solo women/men looking for companions. So here goes, I'm female, 62, solo, have my own truck/trailer, die hard Florida Gator fan, love science fiction (named my trailer Yoda), independent and able to do things myself, into photography and star gazing (new at this). Once again, this is NOT an advertisement for ANYTHING more than a caravan buddy -- just NEED to be sure we are in sync before conversations. Interested in seeing Old West Cowboy towns, UFO stuff (like Rosewell, NM) and the Hot Air Balloon Festival in NM (October).

Alrighty........ that's my post and I'm sticking to it.

Patsy

YodaRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Reminds me of the old joke about post picture of truck and trailer. seriously, you will probably hear from several people. There are also some loners clubs for singles. Maybe someone will lead you in that direction.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #3

Red face Yes, interested

Hi Patsy, I am a dye-hard Bama fan, love the old west, ghost towns, cowboys, UFOs........widowed female, mid-60s, independent, and would love to caravan with like-minded individuals. I'm not sure about going to the Dakotas again this year (that's not a definite no), but would be interested in meeting up with you in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas.....or Fl panhandle....or.......????

What's your timetable? Let's talk!
smiybrneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #4

Hi Patsy! I was excited to read your post! My friend who has her own travel trailer and I with my newly acquired motor home will be departing from Glen St. Mary, FL sometime in May for the ultimate destination of WY! We plan to have some adventures along the way. Perhaps, if you are interested we can meet... maybe at ocean pond CG or some place nearby to each of us. Get acquainted and see if we think this could work for all of us to caravan together. Let me know what you think!
RVBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
Glen St. Mary? We're almost neighbors!!!

YES, let's meet up! Will send you a private message later on today. Woot Woot can't believe you are so close to me!

Patsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVBaby View Post
Hi Patsy! I was excited to read your post! My friend who has her own travel trailer and I with my newly acquired motor home will be departing from Glen St. Mary, FL sometime in May for the ultimate destination of WY! We plan to have some adventures along the way. Perhaps, if you are interested we can meet... maybe at ocean pond CG or some place nearby to each of us. Get acquainted and see if we think this could work for all of us to caravan together. Let me know what you think!

YodaRules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida