RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:22 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Branson, the Second Week of July, Anyone?

I am going to Branson the second week of July. Looking for some people to share the experience. I live in Spring, north of Houston. You could come from any direction and we could have a GTG there. I have started researching things to do in the area besides the shows.

Anyway, post here or PM me if you are interested or have any questions.

I found this CoE park. I will get more details

INDIAN POINT (MO), TABLE ROCK LAKE, MO
2 miles from Silver Dollar City and on the same street.

I have a reservation for Jul 9 -14 for site 26
Reservations # 877 444-6777

Be Good, or Be Careful!

Bill

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarai View Post
Be Good, or Be Careful!
Bill, thanks for the invitation! As a matter of history, iRV2 held the National Rally there at the ABC Campground. We had a great time! I believe it was in 2008.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:48 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
The 2008 irv2.com Rally was in Perrin, TX so the Branson Rally must have been in 2007.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #4

Bill,
We spent the weekend in the same campground last weekend! We were in site #29, you'll like it there! We are newbees, and this was our 2nd outing. If you've never been to Branson before, there is a lot to see and do! We may be there during that time period. Promised the Grandson a week in Branson, he's 11 & I'm sure we'll spend at least 1 day, probably 2 days in Silver Dollar City. Don't know for sure when we'll make it down there though. If you've got any questions, I might be able to help, not an expert, but I've been there a few times.
tickranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:16 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
I am interested in local POIs that are peculiar to the area. I have been to Branson once, but just went to Dolly's Stampede and the military museum. I'm sure that with school being out that there will be lots of traffic there. There will be approximately 7 of us so far.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:40 AM   #6

Send a message via MSN to Sameeee
you can have a blast in Branson, a few things to do is see the Waltzing Waters, behind the $5.00 shop, its like a colorful lazer show but done with water, and only $14.00 a car load, another show to see is SIX these guys will blow you away they are so good, seen them 4 times already this year and planing to see them again and again lol, shhhh just between me and you if you pay my way in I will get a guest in at a discount lol, if you are interested in shopping check out the Branson Landing there is Bass Pro down there now and many other shops, like I said there is so much to do here, do a google search and you will find all kinds of info, if you are a vetran always ask for the vet discounts, a lot of places give them. I think it's 15%
Sameeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:57 AM   #7
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara S. View Post
The 2008 irv2.com Rally was in Perrin, TX so the Branson Rally must have been in 2007.
Time flies when you're having fun!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:18 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Thanks for input. I will definitely add them to the list. We are already getting a good response from others to join us. Should be a lot of fun.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #9

There is enough in Branson to keep you busy way past the end of your money! I haven't been to very many of the shows...too cheap I guess! Roy Rogers Jr. is in one of the places down there, used to have a show in the Roy Rogers museum, but they closed it last year. If you go down to the Branson Landing, in the old down town Branson there is an old time dime store, Dick's I think is the name, got a lot of stuff in there, not just the tourist junk, but some stuff to remind you of the good old days. The Shepard of the Hills is pretty interesting, haven't been there in years, but they used to have an old time "village" type set up there that was interesting, and a quality play in the evening that is a must see. The Bald Knobbers is one of the first acts down there and they are supposed to be real good. Also several of the big name country people have places down there, and sometimes are there performing, you'd have to check schedules.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #10

Another place to check out is the School of the Ozarks. They've got a high class museum there, a restaurant with good food, it's pretty interesting.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #11

Solo Rvers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Old town Branson is the best area of the whole town to me. Right on the river and the local bars have the coldest beer! Trafic will be a B#$%that time of the year. Go to springfield to the Bass Pro Shop, a must see and it's free..
FATMANAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #12

There is a lot to do in Branson. We are staying over the 4th at ABC CG. They have a decorating contest which is judged by the Blues Brothers, how fun! The music shows are really good. Platters, Bill Medley/Paul Revere, Liverpool Legends, Legends in Concert and several more. The Landing is a lot of fun with a great atmosphere. You can rent a boat on Table Rock Lake, take in Silver Dollar City, Shepherd of the Hills, Branson Belle dinner cruise. We go down just about every 4th of July and stay at ABC. Besides being a great place to stay ABC has the best access to the strip of any CG's in Branson. With some of the new routes, blue, green, red, north of the strip you can pop out onto the strip right close to your destination and not sit in all the traffic. Another good time to stay in over Thanksgiving. All the Christmas shows are really nice and the CG puts on a very nice meal for free. All you bring is a side dish. MMMMM!
RV Vino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:01 AM   #13
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

It sounds like a great time have fun to all who will be there!!!! Branson is on my list of places to go for sure!! However I stay put at the lake in the summer and travel the other 3 seasons! Again all enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Received word today from other solo groups that they are going to be in Branson at the same time we are. They want to hook up with us while we are there. Looks like about 10-15 people all together. This is shaping up to be a great GTG!