Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:06 PM   #15

I am new to the retirement thing and new to rving. I bought it last July and my wife will not go anywhere. I would love to find a couple of retied friends to travel with me in my RV and share the cost.
pscgerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2017, 05:11 PM   #16
Community Administrator

I know two solos that travel together , however it's in two MH's.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #17

I am new to this retirement thing and new to rving. I bought my rv last summer and my wife will not go anywhere. I am looking for the same thing. couple of retired friends who wound like to travel with me in my RV
Old 01-19-2017, 05:18 PM   #18

I am new to this retirement thing and new to rving. I bought my rv last summer and my wife will not go anywhere. I am looking for the same thing. couple of retired friends who wound like to travel with me in my RV
Old 01-20-2017, 08:53 AM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I Should add.. I'd not mind a traveling companion... But as has been noted only one full time bed in this Class A (There is a part time but setting it up every night would be a pain).

I'd prefer a Female since we are likely to share a bed, Mid 60's.. "Unattached" (Widow or never married) but... Well, since this is not a "Marital" or "Sexual" offer.. Flexible.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #20

I'm looking for a strictly platonic travel friend with their own rig.

Hi,
I just bought my 33 ft Southwind and am getting ready to travel. I am looking for a female friend to travel with. I am a newly retired 57 year old woman and I like the idea of traveling in my own rig but don't necessarily want to be out there completely on my own. Lets talk.
mshulman942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:11 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshulman942 View Post
Hi,
I just bought my 33 ft Southwind and am getting ready to travel. I am looking for a female friend to travel with. I am a newly retired 57 year old woman and I like the idea of traveling in my own rig but don't necessarily want to be out there completely on my own. Lets talk.
Welcome to the forum! You picked an interesting name, being a woman yourself . . . .
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:35 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
You know it doesn't bother me to travel alone, well with DD. I know that with a mentally challenged person, even one with mild issues we will rarely be accepted by others. But its been this way all our lives so nothing new. I grew up an only child so being alone has never really bothered me.
And then I spent a lifetime with my husband working away from home, married 49 years so I guess for us its the norm. Believe me people think we are really strange, I travel with daughter, he stays home, 90% of the time. But I like doing this and I'm going to long as I can. We just got back from Quartzite and Vegas, gone almost 4 weeks. This year weather not so good so that was disappointing, but we are thinking of going to Florida in March, not sure yet.

DD and I fussed about sleeping on the couch, it was a pain to fix at night and redo in the morning. Neither of us really liked it though it isn't that bad. But we have a queen size bed and we finally decided we would just share the durn thing. Neither of us roll and toss much so once we stake out our side that's it. Of course, some nights kitty is a nuisance, but we deal.

Now I would not be comfortable at all sharing my motorhome with anyone else, well other then hubby of course, even though its a 38 footer no slides and well just couldn't do it. Wouldn't mind someone to visit with at times but we do fine. I don't need help backing up, hooking up, or unhooking. Leveling in mine is auto. If I need to put pads under the jacks an extra step if not its done at the push of a button. Don't think I could handle a truck and TT at my age, but a diesel pusher and toad I can. And no I am not afraid. And yes I do have a CCC and have one in the couch, never felt a need to use it.

You just have to figure out what works for you.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:05 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I have a friend from Houston I worked with for years, she is retired too.
But how ironic her daughter ended up working up here about 20 miles from me. We get together when she comes up.

She and her daughter and gdaughter are planning a trip to Minnesota in July, she is from there, and wants us to come. They are renting a cabin, and apparently there is an RV park there too so we are talking about meeting up.

There are all kinds of ways you can have fun, DD and I will go, sounds like a fun time.

But alone or meeting friends you can make it fun. I have never met a stranger and end up talking to people wherever we go. Life is good.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I know two solos that travel together , however it's in two MH's.
At this stage in life I don't think I could have another join my retirement in my rv. I think it would be hard to find another solo rv'er and caravan together. So many places to see and things to do it would be really hard to find someone on the same page. And mind you I am really really easy to get a long with. Many people are not and that is where the dilemma lies. I would need to find someone as easy going as I am. Just my 2 cents.
Hope the OP let's us know what develops.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:58 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
At this stage in life I don't think I could have another join my retirement in my rv. I think it would be hard to find another solo rv'er and caravan together. So many places to see and things to do it would be really hard to find someone on the same page. And mind you I am really really easy to get a long with. Many people are not and that is where the dilemma lies. I would need to find someone as easy going as I am. Just my 2 cents.
Hope the OP let's us know what develops.
I was thinking the same thing but it would be nice to "run into" people I know every once in awhile.
DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:21 PM   #26

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshulman942 View Post
Hi,
It's been awhile since you posted this in January - wondering if you still check the board. I like RVing (in my rig) and at times appreciate the company of another while on a trip.

Patsy

YodaRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #27

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Right now I'm just trying to find my "niche" in traveling. DW died last August and I've been out a few times with a regional County Coach club. Took all seven cats but it was still different and lonely. Still stuck at home with a 17 yr old step grandson and trying to clear out the house to sell.
I wouldn't be adverse to traveling with others, but certainly not looking for a relationship at my age and with my health problems.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:40 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
One of the ladies in my DW Red Hat chapter travels with a singles club. Each has their own RV and they travel to a series of destinations.

There is no reason a group of like minded people cannot travel to points of interest to enjoy themselves.

Tags
solo