RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
OK.. I will admit that I hardly stop in here ever since the first couple of threads when one of the single posters asked that "non-single" people not post here - plus I knew I would not usually need to moderate here since our "Lead Moderator" is also assigned here...
..but my DH (who tends to check most new posts) happened to comment on stuff in here so I had to look...

Did anyone notice the obvious? As of this moment:

In the "Male Age RVers" poll that you had 5 voters total with 58 visits and the MOST OBVIOUS .. no comments (or chit-chat).

On the other hand...In the "Female RVers Poll" they had only 2 more voters BUT that thread also had OVER 3 times more people look with 180 visits (these include multiple visits by the same people) and 12 comments(or chit-chat).

In closing..I just wanted to say that this poll combination has already proved something that we already know - Yes ladies...we DO like to talk more than the men!!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2008, 02:40 AM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
........and your point is?

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:31 AM   #3

Well, yes, we could look at it that way....or we could just all acknowledge that the guys don't have the jam to share about themselves as well as the 'superior gender' does LOLOL...

No wonder we live longer and even being married to one of us keeps the fellows alive longer too....

IM
IslandMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
Monaco Moma - folks in here seem to be pretty well behaved . . . And I bet if we'd had a poll to pick the best oil or some other macho-technical question, I'm sure the men would have chatted their little heads off . . . I think that more men have commented in this entire website than women because most of the talk is of a technical nature. And we know how men love to talk about their machines. Funny, that such a simple question - HOW OLD ARE YOU - gets viewed but passed up by so many people. As if it's a state secret! LOL!! And - are there that many singles out there that have looked at this forum and not joined or commented on ANY topic?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by GraciesMom:<STRIKE>Monaco Moma</STRIKE>MonacoMama - folks in here seem to be pretty well behaved... And I bet if we'd had a poll to pick the best oil or some other macho-technical question, I'm sure the men would have chatted their little heads off . . . I think that more men have commented in this entire website than women because most of the talk is of a technical nature. And we know how men love to talk about their machines....
...but then we would have moved the poll out of the singles forum and into the proper "technical" forum!!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #6

Didn't mean to suggest a technical poll here in the singles forum . . .

Just meant if there was a technical poll anywhere, I bet the guys would be logging on and voting - AND chatting! LOL!! Like IslandMomma said - we're the superior gender - the communicators . . . we know how to keep things lively and interesting!

Oops - and sorry on the mispelling . . . MonacoMAMA!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:26 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Like IslandMomma said - we're the superior gender - the communicators . . . we know how to keep things lively and interesting!
Amen!

Old 09-16-2008, 04:51 AM   #8

Hmmm
Old 09-27-2008, 05:13 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
The reason that most of us men didn't post on the age pole was... You didn't give any rules.. Like should we lie about our age like you ladies do. So next time please clarify by putting something like "for real" for real age and no lie, or "you wish" for what ever you think you can get away with.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:36 AM   #10

I'm with you Rick.
The ladies can't handle the truth. Age and weight are the two biggest issues. If we fellas reply with the truth about either of those topics we can have heck to pay.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:02 AM   #11
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Well I would have answered the Single RV Age Pole question, but was not sure if I could ? Which goes back to Rick's posting on rules! The reasone I say I was not sure, is because I am married, however I have been Rving alone since last year, and will also be spending from Oct to May Rving alone this year! So in other words what I am asking is this? Does Single Rver mean?

1) A person who travels alone in there RV?

2) An RVer who is single ie: Never Maried, Sepparated, Divorced or Widowded?
Old 09-28-2008, 06:19 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
All of the above, but mainly "#1".

Old 09-29-2008, 09:14 AM   #13
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Thanks for the quick reply Dirk !
Old 10-01-2008, 05:52 AM   #14

Al - we changed the name to Solo RV'ers to include folks like you that aren't "single" and aren't looking to find a date, mate or whatever. So POST AWAY!!