Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:17 PM   #29

Wow that is a new perspective on it Dave. If the dating thing doesn't work out I'll consider it!
jmk909er is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2017, 06:28 AM   #30

Solo Rvers Club
Yes to the Ops question. I like to share and sometimes it's tough seeing all this world has to offer alone. Like stated above, it's really tough to find a woman that isn't anchored and free to go. I'm jealous when I see couples making this lifestyle work. I even stored the coach a few years back and moved in to a woman's home. That lasted 10 weeks, lol. I always knew in the back of my mind I could always move back in the coach in a matter of hours, and by golly one day I did...
Startech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:00 AM   #31

I have been fortunate to not have the same affiliction as some of my family. Some of my family can talk an hour about a rabbit crossing the road and never take a breath. I however am not a conversation person and speak very little so i dont need or miss live conversation at all. This makes things easier for me to go it solo.
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 HD cooling
Durango Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:11 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dave View Post
So i decided no more rules, im just going to be single the rest of my life and enjoy it, and my rules are the only ones that apply.

Ever since i changed my attitude about it i have never been happier. I keep myself busy working on my home (my RV is my home) with little projects. To me its total freedom.
Preach, brother!

I'm not full-blown MGTOW yet but I've come to think the cost/benefit analysis is not favorable toward men. Opting out and living my own danged life.

blog | lemmy community
fratermus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:44 AM   #33

That's more or less the same advice singles groups have been handing out for ages.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dave View Post
I am enjoying doing this solo. I enjoy doing what i want - when i want - and how i want. Sure like everyone else i tried marriage and dating but my ex was a miserable lunatic and still is per what my boys tell me. And it seems that all i found in dating were people that just wanted to get what they could out of it, then use, abuse, and dissapear in the night.

So after my last dating debacle i decided to just give up and hang my hat up on dating forever. Im easy to get along with, sometimes way too easy and just when i think i knew what partners are looking for they change the rules. So i decided no more rules, im just going to be single the rest of my life and enjoy it, and my rules are the only ones that apply.

Ever since i changed my attitude about it i have never been happier. I keep myself busy working on my home (my RV is my home) with little projects. To me its total freedom.

Sure sometime it might be nice to have someone around the hold the ladder when im on the roof of the RV or help clean up or help wash the truck. But i really dont miss having a partner. What is there to miss when every partner i have ever had that was suppose to be serious acted like a infected thorn in my side.

I have had about 38 partners in my life, the majority were just quick flings and everyone has had and enjoys those. Only about 6 of those were suppose to be serious and they finally took a toll on me because they drove me crazy with their petty drama and petty anger issues. Im so done with all that dating garbage.

Luckily the medication i take helps to take those romantic feelings away and im glad they do because i dont want them, i dont need them, i never want another full time or any other kind of partner the rest of my life. I love doing this alone....

As a matter of fact i got a sticker made just for those that think just because i have a nice truck they can hit on me. lol

The only thing i might do some day is adopt someone as i love being a parent and miss it.

Single, and loving it....
Couldn't have said it better.

I still "date" occasionally and do not get lonely, when one thinks she wants to get serious I ask her what do you bring to the table? It would seem that most think that their "physical attributes" are enough while I still do all that is required to maintain not only my lifestyle but now hers which includes the addition of fully supporting her... plus her imagined drama of the day. No thanks.

Many can't even cook these days, or even know how to do the most menial of tasks. I'm surprised they even know how to wash themselves. I mean really what is so hard about preparing a meal? Heck I been doing it since I was 5, thanks to my grandparents for teaching me.

Lots of gold diggers and entitlement type useless eaters out there.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:30 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post

I still "date" occasionally and do not get lonely, when one thinks she wants to get serious I ask her what do you bring to the table? It would seem that most think that their "physical attributes" are enough while I still do all that is required to maintain not only my lifestyle but now hers which includes the addition of fully supporting her... plus her imagined drama of the day. No thanks.

Many can't even cook these days, or even know how to do the most menial of tasks. I'm surprised they even know how to wash themselves. I mean really what is so hard about preparing a meal? Heck I been doing it since I was 5, thanks to my grandparents for teaching me.

Everything you said is right on! My ex GF and I broke up a year ago and she tuned out to be an entitled gold digging narcissist. I thought she was "the one".

She couldn't cook her way out of a paper bag either. There goes the theory that Latin women can cook.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #36

Wow this thread is getting interesting. Don't bash the ladies too hard men. They are not all bad.
jmk909er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:39 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk909er View Post
Wow this thread is getting interesting. Don't bash the ladies too hard men. They are not all bad.
I only speak from my experience, i dont bash the ladies out of hatred i happen to adore the ladies. But something has changed over the years, i dont know if the change has happened with men or the ladies or both. Maybe its just the "ready to order" and "fast paced" society we live in now, maybe its the internet. I really dont know what it is but it seems that both sexes have lost connection with each other. Something has been turned on its ear and it is causing more and more people (both men and ladies) to go it alone.

So yes i know there is probably someone out there perfect for every one of us, but its a moot point if we never meet them. The world is too big and the life is too short to go on hoping for the best and hoping to meet them. Sometimes you have to just accept reality that you and that person's paths will just never cross and you just have to go on and be happy with yourself as things are.

Yes its true that i have had many horrible experiences with the opposite sex and i spoke of that. This does not mean that i think they are all bad, it means that i have accepted that the one that would make me happy i will probably never meet so why be sorrowfull about it. Ill just go on and have a great life solo and never miss a beat.

Happyness is what you find along the journey, not waiting for a destination. And for me thats doing things that i enjoy and solo.. Im just not interested anymore in the other.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:26 AM   #38

Quote:
Agreed they are not ALL bad. There are very few good ones left though. Slim pickins!
The older one gets the more stuck in their ways they become IMO. I've been single since 1998. There have been more good times than sad. Also a big thing is I NEVER would have been able to retire at 52 if I was still married.

Lucky the RV community is very friendly and generally just good people.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #39

My desire to be alone says more about me than it does about other humans. :-)

As far as folks not knowing how to cook or do other tasks: I think we should all know these things as adults of either gender. I am reminded of Heinlein:
Quote:
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

blog | lemmy community
fratermus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:55 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratermus View Post
Soooo True!!! Me as well... I am just as content if i have 20 friends or none at all. Im just as happy with sex as without it. I could care less about all that fluff stuff.

I think i would make a great "last man on earth" or "mission to mars volunteer" however im not fond of flying so that counts me out.

I think the trick (if there is one) to not feeling lonely is to treat relationships in a practicle sense. Do the means justify the ends, do the credits outweight the liabilities, is it profitable. For some the answer is yes, for others no.

It does take a strong person to go without thats for sure, no secret there. You either have had enough to change your mind on how important it is in your life, and/or it just makes sense to not complicate things.

But either way there is nothing wrong with going it solo, it does not make you less of a man or lady, and it does not make you less important in society. Some of us have just chosen another path for ourselves and thats about as deep as it gets.

So when your feeling lonely, sit back and eat a cookie and just imagine someone making you feel bad for eating that cookie and making you feel guilty, nag nag nag. Then smile and realize that you dont have to ask anyone or get anyones permission to do whatever you want.

Enjoy your cookie !!!
Old 06-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Not bashing ladies, I love ladies. What I described before are not ladies lol. A lady has some class, knows how to do basic things and is a civil and loving creature, and if she doesn't know something is at least willing to learn... and maybe a whole lot more other good things too. The issue is seemingly no "available" ladies out there. What I and others speak of are from experience in the dating dept., and it's just bad out there. Staying single is not such a bad thing if everything on the market is trashy gold diggers or mentally unstable crazies with high chances of having an STD. Ick. Again those aren't ladies.

These days it seems trying to find an available wholesome lady is akin to trying to find a unicorn on Mars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratermus View Post

As far as folks not knowing how to cook or do other tasks: I think we should all know these things as adults of either gender. I am reminded of Heinlein:
I agree, as adults regardless of sex, should all be able to do the basic of tasks. Cooking and preparing a simple meal should be one of the first things we learn as children outside of potty training. For example, my Grandmother, bless her heart, taught me to cook, prepare coffee on a stove, etc. when I was just 5 years old.

It seems like swaths of parents here and there failed in teaching their children across a couple or so generations. I think a lot of it changed when the 2 income household thing came about. Parents too busy with their jobs, kids stuck in day care or raised by the boob tube. But I digress I'm just a ranting old fart.... oh and "get off my lawn"
Old 06-22-2017, 11:18 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post

This is spot on. I do the same thing and ask them what do they bring to the table financially. Some don't take that too well Women have expectations that a guys duty is to shoulder the financial load, they like being "traditional" when it comes to that,...but modern when it comes to other things. A lot of guys take big financial hits due to women, that they would not have taken otherwise. You have to ask, what is in it for me? What do I gain out of this? How does this make my life better?

And the nagging...man it is nice to have no nagging in my life! There must be some secret class that only women take in school called "nagging 101".

Women generally just require a lot of time and attention and you are forced to do things you don't want to do, live places you don't want to live, etc... And I have just got to the point where I'm just going to live my life the way I want to and do what makes me happy everyday come what may. If that means I'm single, so be it. If a gal came along that was really low key, low maintenance who liked alternative simple lifestyles like full time RV-ing, I might take a look at it. Because there can be synergies with the right person that make life better for sure. Problem is about 85-90% are probably the wrong women, it's finding that 10-15% that is the hard part.
JamBand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solo