Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-15-2019, 03:35 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barchetta View Post
If it werent for my dog Id be 6ft under. Simple fact.
I didn't see this until now. Glad that your dog helped you. My old cat helped me. I found her and her sisters and brothers in one of those big garbage dumpsters. The back had rusted out so she went through the hole there and had her kittens. The truck that comes and dumps the trash was there the next day and would have killed all of the kittens. So I got them all out (not sure what happened to the mother, she was feral, and this was at an apartment complex. She lived next to the river in the bushes). Anyhow, 5 kittens, kept one, gave 4 to someone that could foster them then find homes. Kept the little runt grey one and fed her and learned how to care for a days old kitten. This was the right pet for me at a time when I was going through major depression. I am so happy I found her. 18.5 years later and she's still with me.

I have a kitten too that's 1.5 years old. She was born in the bushes and I got her from day 1. She's finally learned how to follow me and come when called! We went on a walk and she followed me without a leash the whole way. It's a big day for her. Been trying to teach her that for like 6 months!
Pyropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #100

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well. I just completed season number 5, mostly alone. My wife will visit for a week or two, if I am close enough for her to drive, but that is it. I essentially live in the ugly away from home all summer. Many times I make new friends at the campgrounds. I actually enjoy the solitude most of the time. Yes, it would be more fun having someone to share the experience with. But, I love living in the MH. I waited 40 years for this experience. Thus I don't know how many years I have left. Only gets a little lonely, if I cannot connect with other camper, which is more the exception than the rule.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Well. I just completed season number 5, mostly alone. My wife will visit for a week or two, if I am close enough for her to drive, but that is it. I essentially live in the ugly away from home all summer. Many times I make new friends at the campgrounds. I actually enjoy the solitude most of the time. Yes, it would be more fun having someone to share the experience with. But, I love living in the MH. I waited 40 years for this experience. Thus I don't know how many years I have left. Only gets a little lonely, if I cannot connect with other camper, which is more the exception than the rule.
Awesome man. You are like me! If you go west in about 5 or so years and you're still on here we should hook up. I will have waited about 40 years myself when I finally get to take my 5th wheel and go. Only difference is that you have a wife and I do not. But like you, I have waited all my life to do this and with each year I get closer. About 5.5 years left until I get to retire (at about 45-48 years old retiree). I LOVE the high desert and the desert (low desert) in the winter. I am a huge fossil and rock hound, and LOVE astronomy. How does your wife feel with you leaving so much? I made sure I never had kids or got married so that when I retire I won't have to take care of anyone except for me and my animals. I am just over 42 years old now. I am solitary by nature. Kind of the whole Dancing With Wolves thing with me. Or that emile Hirsch movie where he goes out into the wild and live by himself.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #102

The desert sux, it's an awful place - as told to me by more than one wimminz.

So I left 'em after my divorce (her idea) and got on with my MGTOW life.

The awe full desert -

CIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:09 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIDE View Post
The desert sux, it's an awful place - as told to me by more than one wimminz.

So I left 'em after my divorce (her idea) and got on with my MGTOW life.

The awe full desert -

I seem to recognize that bike and camper... 😎
WYO George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:14 PM   #104

Exclamation

Indeedy you do. I didn't want to misrepresent myself as a weldor as I accidentally did elsewhere.
CIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:38 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIDE View Post
Indeedy you do. I didn't want to misrepresent myself as a weldor as I accidentally did elsewhere.
it’s funny how many dozens of times I’ve seen you explain that over there. I’m pretty sure I asked about it when we first “met” on that forum.
WYO George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:51 PM   #106

Ahh nice! My fellow desert dwellers. I used to live in Carson City for a while and LOVED it. Silver City ect ect..
Old 10-28-2019, 12:09 PM   #107

Drove through the desert south on 95 through CA down to Mammoth Lakes a week ago. Cannot wait until I am doing this with a 5th wheel in tow.

My biggest thing with being solo is I don't have to worry about pleasing someone else. I can stay in one place as long as I would like, and after someone else might have gotten bored. That's why I would prefer doing this all alone. 4.5 years left!
Old 10-28-2019, 12:20 PM   #108

If I wasn’t traveling in an RV I would be sitting at home alone, so why not travel alone? No problem.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 04:58 PM   #109

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
If I wasn’t traveling in an RV I would be sitting at home alone, so why not travel alone? No problem.

Now that is most logical!
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:53 AM   #110

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk909er View Post
I am contemplating becoming a full time RVer. Many things are changing and it looks like a possibility that my marriage may end so I am looking at options and this full time RVing looks very appealing to me. I think my biggest concern is being lonely.

I don't want to be isolated and lonely, I would like to hear from some men especially what their experience is on this topic. Is this a fulfilling way to live and what about boredom or is there a way to keep engaged with others.

I am 58 and can totally retire from the government in 4 years but depending on my wife I may need to sell out everything sooner and I could buy an RV and stay here in San Diego until I retire.
Well from what I have read you have already made the jump. Not sure what government job you were holding down. Just know after ten years with the same women you were married to she will get half of or part of your SSN. The Government will watch how much money you make after employment and keep checking year after year.

My wife left me for my partner at work so much for friends. ha ha then you get a call 2000-miles away your daughter "may have been sexually assaulted," so you call the local law in that town and they will let you know what they learn from there investigation. NO, you want to get that call, you call them back. After almost a year you learn the ex was trying to raddle your cage and your family got into the picture and after another year or so you told them where they could find the doors to the below chamber and became a solo RVers. At some point back in the old days of child custody, no one was in your court helping you, that man the deserter of family. Don't even try and reply to nuts in your family it is useless to try.

So you wait and gather evidence for as long as it takes and now your daughter is 12-years old and you go for custody in the state where they live and you get custody only because she wanted to be with you ate courts fun. The ex wants no contact and pays nothing welcome to my world where nothing seems to work for you. Trust me after a few years of being alone on the road you become very distrusting of others and you walk into a bank, store or business and only want to talk with men NO women helpers, please. That last almost a full year before you start lowering your guard again and remarry after about 4-years. few more years with your daughter and she has left the nest with never any contact with her own mother. a real woman.

But hey 40-years ago that was the law. Today things have gotten better. But don't find a woman with children or she will want you to adopt in case it won't work out she can have some money to help her out. them as it starts al over again. Try to have as little contact with the ex-wife and just trust what the children tell you and keep a logbook as it will come up. Get a calendar to write down problems, dates and times. Doing this will help you during court appearances as she may want more child support. My advice is don't use some dating service let GOD show you the Girl of your dreams. But if you have already found one bad seed why trust your luck to find another.
Let GOD guide you and you will be much happier than you truly are now. You don't have to go to church looking for a replacement, as that is not a wife finding the place to find one "ALWAYS" maybe another broken heart looking for that man. I only saw a lot of broken people and of little if any true help. If you are truly divorced you should not even be looking or thinking about another woman in your life unless you have had one from the start? As for in search of a replacement as you sound spoiled and did not like that so try this one. OH let's try this one is not the way to live your life. Good Luck just try learning to live with yourself, for a few years first. if you are re-married in less than two years you may be like my old partner who left his wife who was sick and it was so hard for him. so it works both ways. Learn to be your own person first. Just don't jump from the frying pan back into the fire as it sounds as if you may have already done so and looking for fellow supporters to your needs. Best of Luck and I hope what you have written is true. We will see in a few years.
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:10 AM   #111

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattypom View Post
So I have a beautiful RV lot in Fort Myers, Florida but would like to spend more time in Washington state in the summers. I have a daughter who lives near Seattle, and I think Washington is beautiful. I lost my husband last April 2018 from pancreatic cancer. I am 60 years old and am adventurous and full of life. I am looking for a companion. If not, it may be time to sell the RV. It’s too much for a little woman by herself. Yes I just completed an 8,000 plus cross country trip with a friend, but it’s a lot of work too.
Welcome from WA state. Lived here all my life and still have my house and motorhome.
Lost my wife of 30 yrs due to liver cancer three years ago.
Trying to decide whether to sell the house or not.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:34 PM   #112

JMO and experience. If camping was something you shared with your spouse, it is tough at first, all those memories and experiences. Only time and your acceptance and desire to move on will make future solo times feel okay. Matter of fact for me it was and continues to be a vital part of my life. The journey goes on.
Best wishes
04 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solo