Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #1

Harvest76

oday, 02:49 AM
Harvest76
After a 25 year bad marriage to an Alcoholic. I'm finally on my own. I have Parkinsons Disease, but after Deep Brain Stimulation surgery at the Barrow Neurological Center, Muhammad Ali Parkinsons Center in Phoenix, AZ two years ago, I have my health in a pretty stable situation. I've been full timing in my Montana 3750FL 5th wheel for the last 4 years.

I'm a Thousand Trails Elite member since 2011, so I spend the majority of view each year Park hopping. I don't have a permanent home or even a routine seasonal spot to winter yet.

I'm looking for meaning for my life and would like advice and feedback from other people who are familiar with the full timer lifestyle.

Just some good old human interaction would be nice. I am on Facebook, but it is a poor substitute for a real person.
Harvest76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2014, 06:23 AM   #2

For that human contact there are a couple of clubs you might check out.

Loners on Wheels
Single RVers- Loners On Wheels - RV Singles

Escapees Chapters or Birds of a Feather, (BOF) Solo Travelers or Fulltimers
Escapees RV Club
Old 12-14-2014, 06:27 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome Harvest!

Glad to hear you've got your Parkinsons Disease under control. I don't "do" facebook. The internet an be very helpful but I've found I like to actually meet people. Happiness, contentment, and the meaning of life are, I believe, internal discoveries or decisions.

I've been full time about the same length of time as you. South Carolina has to be warmer than Ohio! I kind of fell into a work camping job up here for the winter.

I'm almost surprised to see a solo posting here!! Lately it has mainly been trolls and drive-bys.

Stay warm,
mangy dog
mangy dog is offline   Reply With Quote