Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #29

These are wise words and I know them to be true in my life. Especially the parts about "being a friend to have friends". It is not good for me to sit back and expect others to come to me as friends. "Expect" being the keyword there. It has been my experience that sometimes I chose to be alone, even in a crowd. I am usually a bit sad when I am in that mode. The best times have been, for example, going to the grocery store after a bout of "cabin-fever" either with weather or homework, or just work. I find myself smiling at everyone and talking, helping people find stuff in the store like I am one of the employees

It's all about choice and I respect others privacy. I like to be respected as well because sometimes I just don't want to come out and play but I am very glad I am moving out of that whole mode(I'm still gonna have a nap if I want one though, heehee!). I think my fifties took their toll on me and I am going to fight tooth and nail to make my years ahead joyful! For me, that has to be caring for and loving others.

Thank you for your reply denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
"Yes, but." "I don't like being alone and I don't like groups."
nwcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #30

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
HI Denise, I want to wish you all the best on your new adventure. I am newly divorced. I am planning on being a full time RVer and living in Florida as soon as I can. I am hoping within a year to have a Travel Trailer and be on the way South.
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #31

Very nice to meet you Darlene I see you had a baby you lost too. I had my toney-dog 15 wonderful years! We did a lot of traveling cross-country during those years and how I loved having her with me. I miss her so much. Anyway, again, nice to meet you and I hope both our plans to RV work out just as we hope denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoststories View Post
HI Denise, I want to wish you all the best on your new adventure. I am newly divorced. I am planning on being a full time RVer and living in Florida as soon as I can. I am hoping within a year to have a Travel Trailer and be on the way South.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #32

Buying RV for Solo Camper

Considering a change in my life (almost 60 and want to retire!). Any suggestions on what type/style of RV would be the easiest for a Solo female traveler to use and purchase? Reasonably priced. I'm a novice so all tips are appreciated. My career was in the travel industry and found through the years, I don't need a nest. Living in a RV was on my bucket list.
Luv2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #33

Hi luv2travl

I don't have any good tips as I am new as well. There are some other forums here, or topics that would fit this question of your very well though. People here are so friendly and willing to help with choosing the right style of RV for us. I have threads in a couple of areas. Check them all out and see if you can start a thread just asking for help on choosing the right rig

Wishing you all the best, Denise
Old 03-13-2013, 05:56 AM   #34

Solo Rvers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Hi Denise and Luv2Trvl. I lost my husband of 33 years last May and have been living solo in my MH since August. I love this lifestyle. It was my dream for a lot of years and my wonderful husband helped me plan for this before he passed away. We knew he was dying but had enough time to make plans for me.

There is another group of women who regularly meet up and GTG either planned or just because you are in the same place at the same time. This group consists of married, with partners, divorced, widowed, etc. Check out www.womensrv.com/forum. There are no fees to join. There are at least a couple of us that belong to IRV2 and this women's forum. I like meeting new people from all over.

I hope to meet you down the road somewhere. I will be Workamping as Camp Host at Lake Murray State Park in Oklahoma all summer, so if you are in that area, stop in and say Hi.
2012 Coachmen Encounter towing 2010 Honda FIT
Dawn309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #35

I do want to rv but now it seems things are not looking good for my chances of doing that. I will stay in touch here because I never lose hope and I love hearing what others "out there" are doing.

Thank you for all your information Dawn and I am sorry for your loss. How neat to have someone walk this road with you for 33 years though At least we singles/divorced/widowed, have each other to lean on and talk to. I think being on the road might be hard in one aspect. Meeting awesome people and then having to leave them behind or be left behind as we all travel on, down the road Denise
Old 03-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #36

Solo Rvers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountry View Post
I think being on the road might be hard in one aspect. Meeting awesome people and then having to leave them behind or be left behind as we all travel on, down the road Denise
Denise, it is hard saying goodbye to friends you meet on the road, but I still stay in touch with them everyday through the forums we belong to and on Facebook. I probably know more about what they are doing each and every day than I do my daughter. She is really busy with her job and kids, so I keep up with her on Facebook and the phone calls/texts when we need to let the other know something. Do stay in touch here because you never know what may happen tomorrow. Your perfect RV could just fall in your lap, you never know.
2012 Coachmen Encounter towing 2010 Honda FIT
Dawn309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Trvl View Post
Considering a change in my life (almost 60 and want to retire!). Any suggestions on what type/style of RV would be the easiest for a Solo female traveler to use and purchase? Reasonably priced. I'm a novice so all tips are appreciated. My career was in the travel industry and found through the years, I don't need a nest. Living in a RV was on my bucket list.
There is countless rvs that are smaller in size,if thats what your after,
more about what your price range is that you would like to spend.
after you know that, you search away!
maybe we'll see ya on the road someday!!
LaZy507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #38

You are right about all of this Dawn So true, I will just hang in there and see what develops Denise PS I will stay in touch here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn309 View Post
Denise, it is hard saying goodbye to friends you meet on the road, but I still stay in touch with them everyday through the forums we belong to and on Facebook. I probably know more about what they are doing each and every day than I do my daughter. She is really busy with her job and kids, so I keep up with her on Facebook and the phone calls/texts when we need to let the other know something. Do stay in touch here because you never know what may happen tomorrow. Your perfect RV could just fall in your lap, you never know.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #39

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Very nice to meet you Darlene I see you had a baby you lost too. I had my toney-dog 15 wonderful years! We did a lot of traveling cross-country during those years and how I loved having her with me. I miss her so much. Anyway, again, nice to meet you and I hope both our plans to RV work out just as we hope denise
Oh my gosh what a precious baby Denise!

It is so hard losing them after so long together.

Thanks for sharing the wonderful picture of Toney.....

Old 03-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #40

Quote:
and my gal-friend that is also divorced is not going to be able to go. I am 60 now and plan to live my dream. I have been divorced 16 years and I don't know why I haven't met a fella that we both had some chemistry with each other but that is how it goes.

I am not afraid to go alone at all but it would be nice to meet other singles/divorced/widowed so I don't always feel like the fifth wheel (no pun intended

Anyway, if anyone would like to get to know me, I would love to visit, email or maybe just here I am finishing up some business classes at our local community college. I plan to travel and do temp jobs along the way, take lots of photographs for a website I am working on for the photos, and stories I write. I also want to shop along the journey for items I can sell on Ebay, or maybe, on a website I could build just for that, like a "shop" online

I'm also into fitness and nutrition and love kayaking lakes and "easy-goin" rivers

My name is Denise
Gotta love a woman with spirit and spunk. My father-in-law (he's 66) was a divorcee early last year and found a new lady friend in about 6 months and are now getting married in June of this year. If you're not looking they will find you. Men love women with grit and character. You seem to have that in spades. Good luck being a solo and enjoy all of your travels.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #41

thank you What Great story about your dad in law denise
Old 03-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #42

Solo Rvers Club
You in Oregon -- Me in Florida!!

Hey Denise,

Read this thread with great interest -- wish we didn't live on opposite ends of the USA! I'm 62, solo and new to the RVing experience but want to strike out for a 4-6 month adventure. My comfort level keeps me wondering if I will do it. Everyone tells me just to do it. Something about being on the road alone in case I need help (yes, I have RV AAA) plus it's always better sharing the sight-seeing with another person. Your thoughts on eBay and photography along the way are interesting. I've had an eBay store for a couple of years now and write websites for about 10 years now. Never considered using the RVing adventure as a possible income producing venture.

My ideal first trip would be camping and traveling along wide another RVer. Am a member of several solo groups so it's still a possibility of finding someone wanting to head out from the Southeastern USA to visit the Dakotas, Wyoming then down to Arizona and New Mexico.

What are the areas of interest you want to visit in your first trip?

Patsy

YodaRules is offline   Reply With Quote