Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:22 PM   #897

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem View Post
Hey folks,

Im a newbie and going solo (not counting my dog ranger!). just want to say hello from pinehurst nc.

i just bought a 2008 monaco cayman diesel pusher with about 8200 miles but sad to say its one of the models that have the faulty rear trailing arms. i wish i would have know that up front, i thought id done the homework but......such is life.

my first trip is from nc to wisconsin at the end of the month (july-2015) for a couple weeks then head west to oregon. i have family there but as important, a co called source engineering in oregon is going to replace my trailing arms and im probably going to have them install what they call a ride enhancement kit which im told makes the rig ride much much better than new!

ive traveled my entire life and feel that im semi resourceful but...this rv thing has me a little worried, i guess id be a little dim if i wasent nervous?

any solo folks in central nc? any advice for a newbie?

thx in advance, lots of nice folks out there on the forums.

dave
2008 monaco cayman
2005 chrysler sebring convertible on a dolly....soon as buy one.
Welcome to IRV2 and the Solo RVers thread Dave. Congrats on the new to you coach. Here's a couple of threads that may be of interest to you. These guys have done a lot of investigation to get rid of the problems associated with the RR 4 and RR8 chassis. Just hold your cursor over the link and left click it and it will take you to the thread. Best of luck on your upcoming travels.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/wand...my-124491.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/stee...rw-210152.html
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2015, 05:25 AM   #898

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Hi all new solos....I'm trying to get to the Texas Boomers Kerrville get together, might just drive my truck for a day trip and back to say "hello" to everyone....my rig not ready (well it's partially ready) to go....but been working through all my damage to property here in Waxahachie after all the storms we have had. Hope to get to the gathering....
Bev
bevnicka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:37 PM   #899

46 yr old Newb to full time rv living. Currently, SOLO and mostly stationary. Subject to change without notice!
cutlooselily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:26 PM   #900

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Solo, Full-Timer & Newbie (Check D-all of the above)

Hello all,

I'm a couple months out as a solo, full-timer.. newbie!
Researched this long and hard.. so with a cocktail in hand.. and a smile on my face,
I jumped all the way in, having never had an RV before, I started with a beautiful low mileage C.C./National 40ft. Islander.. Also bought a 24ft. enclosed tow behind for toys. KTM 1290 SD + +

I just turned 53 a couple weeks ago. Solo birthday party Honestly never felt younger. Maybe this new life is paying dividends already?
I have a 3 year old Jack Russell mix named Skipper. I was married 24 years, now divorced 6+ (oh yeah!)
My 2 daughters are 27 & 22, both degreed and self-supporting. I cashed in the house, all my non-required and no-fun toys.. Bought the coach and .. well.. here I am.
I'm currently enjoying the cool western North Carolina mountains.. it was 48 degrees here the other morning! I went to the office and extended my stay until the 24th of this month. Creekwood Farm C.G. north of Waynesville, N.C. (no solo's here.. remember it's the bible belt) Great couples though. Happy hour at 5! (B.Y.O.B. & Chair)

I hope to find you .. somewhere.. on the road or in the park.. give a shout!

Sincerely
Mr. Ed

HAM Radio Operator - N4EDX
ed mulvaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:41 AM   #901

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfourmax View Post
Homer, This is something I have been tossing around and seriously considering for several years. Granted I have talked myself in and out of such an idea at least 20 times but I just cannot let it go and feel it is something if I do not pursue then later in life I will very much regret doing so.
I know this is an old
I guess I am a prime candidate as I have no family left living in the area I live as my daughter lives in another part of the state.
I know this is in the
I am also one of those that both of my parents died at ages that did not allow them to enjoy the retirement they worked their whole lives towards as well and there are many things I want to do and see while I still can.

Did I mention that I despise doing yard work and or having the need to shovel snow? Nope, I might fall flat on my face but I have got to try it anyway!
I know this is an old post but did you do it anyway?
Cassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:27 AM   #902

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Hey Ed,
Great you are getting out and about.....have fun...hopefully we'll catch up with you on the road....the cool mountains sound wonderful.
bevnicka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:24 AM   #903

Hi, All!

Just wanted to say "hello". Been a while since I've been on this site. Have been p/t Solo RVing for about 6 months and have taken several long trips. My poochie co-pilot and I have enjoyed our outings but do miss sharing the fun when touring sights.

Bunny
bunny2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:08 PM   #904

Solo Rvers Club
Hey Ed,

Welcome to IRV2 and the SOLO RV'ERS thread!! Congrats on the new to you coach and your retirement.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:11 PM   #905

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny2448 View Post
Hi, All!

Just wanted to say "hello". Been a while since I've been on this site. Have been p/t Solo RVing for about 6 months and have taken several long trips. My poochie co-pilot and I have enjoyed our outings but do miss sharing the fun when touring sights.

Bunny
Hey Bunny. Glad you're having fun.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:36 PM   #906

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Diesel Tech..
Not retired yet.. I've been in the executive recruitment industry for almost 30 years and I can do it from anywhere as long as I've got cell / internet service!
Thanks for the note!
Ed

HAM Radio Operator - N4EDX
ed mulvaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:13 PM   #907

Winnebago Owners Club
Getting Ready for Solo Fulltime Traveler

Hello all, I have been a member of iRV2 forums since November 2014 and finally found my rig in March.

My plan is to be a solo fulltime traveler exploring as much of this country as I can. I have been getting to know my RV's systems and discovering some issues recently - the Norcold (notsocold) and the WH needed replacement. She has been in the shop for 2 1/2 weeks and I'm have withdrawals. Good thing I have a sticks and bricks to stay in until then. My departure delayed because of these issues, but am still very enthusiastic about this adventure.

I'm 56 and forcibly retired from EMS (Emergency Medical Services) due to some needed metal parts being added to by spine. I figure that means it's time to enjoy my retirement.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:00 AM   #908

Hi there.

Chris from Louisiana here. I'm recently divorced and living in a 5th wheel solo. My teenagers love it and visit often so not so much solo.
Faulkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:22 PM   #909

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Old 07-30-2015, 04:02 PM   #910

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkster View Post
Hi there.

Chris from Louisiana here. I'm recently divorced and living in a 5th wheel solo. My teenagers love it and visit often so not so much solo.
Welcome Chris. Any travel plans in your future?
Rich

Tags
kz-rv