Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:43 AM   #925

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciesMom View Post
Thanks Homer - I couldn't agree more. RV'ers are the nicest folks . . . compared to the land locked ones, huh?

I sure don't think she meant any mean or bad by her post and the written word is sometimes misunderstood I have never seen a nicer group of people here on this forum and I feel like we are a family is a sort of way and I know that I don't post often . I am new to RVing and am single age 72 and plan to spend the winter in Florida at the Sun in Ocala.
gibby72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2015, 11:51 AM   #926

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
rv with 4 wives I'd never get under it tell what might fall lol lol
Old 08-20-2015, 11:55 AM   #927

Vintage RV Owners Club
good for you both . My Chewy and have been grounded for 4 months and I can't wait to get going. enjoy and leave the baggage at the curb as you pull out. Keep in touch.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:11 PM   #928

I’ve been a full time solo RVer since 2013. Years earlier my late wife (who was also my best friend) and I had planned to do the full-timing lifestyle but then cancer reared its ugly head culminating with her death in 2011. After spending a year trying to decide whether or not I should leave the party and join her I finally decided to stay, moving into the RV followed. Solo RV’ing isn’t bad but it’d much nicer if my wife/best friend was here to share the journey with me. Fortunately, I have supportive kids and friends scattered about the country, most of whom seem to envy my freedom.
Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 04:24 PM   #929

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hello

I'am very sorry for your loss same happened to me at first I thought my RV days were over with, and the
ever a draw to me when I met my husband and he had a fiver and he said you want to go??? He didn't have to ask twice and after a winter of dating ,We left and traveled for 11 years full time.I understand how you feel about losing your best friend. I still talk to him when I go though some place we really loved like Grand Tetons and so many beautiful places. In 2011 I got cancer I have a 1975 Barth that I love,and because I had been single for so long I was ok traveling by myself and now I love it. I wish you well and know she will be happy for you
Old 08-20-2015, 07:02 PM   #930

Welcome!! I am no stranger to RVing. Done for a while now. Very sorry for your loss.

1979 Dodge Tioga Class C 24 foot. 1987 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Foot.
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:21 PM   #931

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryegal View Post
rv with 4 wives I'd never get under it tell what might fall lol lol
They are all in different cities but, I will be careful LOL. Thanks for the advice. How's your son doing?
Rich
Old 09-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #932

Hello everyone, am I really solo if I take the dog and cat with me? The girlfriend moved out last year and I have not found a replacement for her yet. Haven't been looking too hard though. I mostly camp North Florida and Central Florida, but have dragged the trailer to the mountains of N.Ga. once. Don't know what else to say, so any questions?
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:16 AM   #933

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFlcamper View Post
Hello everyone, am I really solo if I take the dog and cat with me? The girlfriend moved out last year and I have not found a replacement for her yet. Haven't been looking too hard though. I mostly camp North Florida and Central Florida, but have dragged the trailer to the mountains of N.Ga. once. Don't know what else to say, so any questions?
Welcome Bob!!!

We are never alone with our 'kids' for sure!!

Old 09-03-2015, 01:00 PM   #934

Send a message via Yahoo to lformby
good day solos

hello all i am headed out looking for a new camp ground. i may get to Auburn soon...football season is here...good luck to everyone
lformby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:50 PM   #935

signed up to irv2 today.....wow...all the catagories...solo down the road, that's me.
love road trips....headed to reno air races later this month and the balloon festival at albuqerque next month.
home base is central Arizona and my rig is a forest river minilite 2109s, tv is a 6.4 diesel f250.
joss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:25 AM   #936
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joss View Post
signed up to irv2 today.....wow...all the catagories...solo down the road, that's me.
love road trips....headed to reno air races later this month and the balloon festival at albuqerque next month.
home base is central Arizona and my rig is a forest river minilite 2109s, tv is a 6.4 diesel f250.
Howdy and welcome. Sounds like you have some fun trips planned.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:15 AM   #937

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by joss View Post
Welcome to the IRV2 world. You shouldn't have any trouble towing the minilite with that rig Safe travels
Rich
Old 09-06-2015, 12:05 PM   #938

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFlcamper View Post
Hey good post and I am single with a girl friend and plan on camping near Ocala in Jan. Never done this before and just learning to back the 30 footer up .
gibby72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv