Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:19 AM   #995

Appalachian Campers
Thanks for the replys;I think I will check into the Escapees group;was interested in them at one time,just never got around to signing up as it seems that they are mostly concentrated more to the West and I am mostly Southeastern oriented.
Tom
Spudwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2016, 08:07 AM   #996

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudwrench View Post
Thanks for the replys;I think I will check into the Escapees group;was interested in them at one time,just never got around to signing up as it seems that they are mostly concentrated more to the West and I am mostly Southeastern oriented.
Tom
There is an Escapees All Chapters Rally East (ACRE) held around April. Moves around within the TN ~ Carolinas region. Check the Escapees website for particulars. There are also Escapees RV parks in FL and other parts of the SE. This year, Escapade will be held late July in VT.
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 08:32 AM   #997

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY24 View Post
There is an Escapees All Chapters Rally East (ACRE) held around April. Moves around within the TN ~ Carolinas region. Check the Escapees website for particulars. There are also Escapees RV parks in FL and other parts of the SE. This year, Escapade will be held late July in VT.
After reviewing their website,I joined the escapees yesterday,although I won,t be able to join the Solos until I receive my membership #,am looking forward to being involved with them
Spudwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 03:34 PM   #998

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Florilow Oaks?

I'm planning a trip to Florida in March and am thinking of stopping for a few days at the LOW RV park in Bushnell. Has anyone been there? If so, what are your thoughts?

Also, looking for solo RVer friendly RV parks in the area around Cedar Key and Manatee Springs. Suggestions will be appreciated.

I'm traveling with Casey, my greyhound. She's a great companion and co-pilot, but not much of a conversationalist.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:40 PM   #999

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
I'm in Tallahassee at Big Oak RV Park.. It's nice but lacking "Singles" !
Give a shout if you arrive!
Ed in 41A
Cheers!

HAM Radio Operator - N4EDX
ed mulvaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:16 AM   #1000

solo rvers

Hi dbdjeb2 and ed mulvaney, I am Karen and we have a group of friends that are mostly single and we camp together, I live in Monticello, with is east of Tallahassee, Ed, I lived in big oak for a while and there are not many singles there or they are set in the living there mode and did not come out much. However I would like to meet fellow solo campers I work on North Monroe street not far from Big Oak, The group I camp with are camping on February 19 at Torreya State park, but I am not sure if there are any sites still available. dbdjeb2, let me know when you will be near Tallahassee and maybe I can help find a camping spot or we may be camping when you come this way. Karen
Kshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:18 PM   #1001

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Hey there Karen..

I've been invited here to help with an internet connection issue.
The owner is a friend and we met when I 1st stayed at his Waynesville, NC campground.. Creekwood Farm RV park. (A real treasure)

It's a nice place here, but as mentioned.. a lot of transient folks now headed West! A month ago they were headed to Key West! or the big show in Tampa. I'd like to own campgrounds in Az. per the flow thru here!

I'm self employed and must work (via internet/cell phone) so I can't venture too far off the beaten path. I'm a headhunter.. mostly Aerospace / Power Gen professionals. Thanks for the invite..
Cheers,
Ed

HAM Radio Operator - N4EDX
ed mulvaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 03:06 PM   #1002

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Florilow Oaks - Bushnell, FL

Karen and Ed, thanks for your replies.

I anticipate that I'll be in your area around March 20th. Karen, if your group is planning an outing at that time and wouldn't mind an interloper from the north, please let me know. I'm always on the look out for friendly conversation, and if anyone is into hiking that's even better.

Still looking for reviews of Florilow Oaks in Bushnell, if anyone has been there.

Dale
Old 02-07-2016, 10:11 PM   #1003

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdjeb2 View Post
I'm planning a trip to Florida in March and am thinking of stopping for a few days at the LOW RV park in Bushnell. Has anyone been there? If so, what are your thoughts?

Also, looking for solo RVer friendly RV parks in the area around Cedar Key and Manatee Springs. Suggestions will be appreciated.

I'm traveling with Casey, my greyhound. She's a great companion and co-pilot, but not much of a conversationalist.

Bushnell, Florida - no kidding? I was born there 1/28/51. In California for 22 years, I will go back to Florida & Bushnell in late 2017. Will check out their RV park.
RV Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:24 PM   #1004

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Vagabond View Post

Bushnell, Florida - no kidding? I was born there 1/28/51. In California for 22 years, I will go back to Florida & Bushnell in late 2017. Will check out their RV park.
I'm guessing the area has changed a bit in the last 20 plus years. I'm going to stop at that park for a few days. Will let you know how it is.

By the way, I see you have a Winnebago. I went to the GNR in Forest City last year. Stayed with the WIT Singles group. Great group. Event exceeded my expectations. You should check it out.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:18 AM   #1005

Wana Be Rver

Hi, New to this site. I'm a female in my 60's and am thinking about
purchasing a Road Trek and traveling several times a yr. Don't know where to
start. Some say rent one for a week, but they are so expensive to rent.
I'm in the LA area of Calif and would like to take a short trip with someone to see if I like it. Anyone willing to take a short trip?
Marlene2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:56 PM   #1006

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene2020 View Post
Hi, New to this site. I'm a female in my 60's and am thinking about
purchasing a Road Trek and traveling several times a yr. Don't know where to
start. Some say rent one for a week, but they are so expensive to rent.
I'm in the LA area of Calif and would like to take a short trip with someone to see if I like it. Anyone willing to take a short trip?
Marlene.

While rental is expensive it is cheaper than buying an RV and finding out you don't like the lifestyle. Best of luck in your search.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:24 AM   #1007

New introduction from Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciesMom View Post
If you're new to IRV2 Solo's, check in here and introduce yourself! And a warm welcome from the gang in the solo forum!!

Hi I am a solo Rver from Massachusetts. it's just me my little Yorkshire terrier. I have a class C Winnebago outlook 2007 I love this RV it's 30ft and plenty of room for me and my little Yorkie. Thanks for letting me be part of the group!
Cassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #1008

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassa View Post
Hi I am a solo Rver from Massachusetts. it's just me my little Yorkshire terrier. I have a class C Winnebago outlook 2007 I love this RV it's 30ft and plenty of room for me and my little Yorkie. Thanks for letting me be part of the group!
Welcome to the SOLO RVers thread Cassa.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv