RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-31-2018, 04:13 PM   #1331

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamGadget View Post
Hello and best of good luck to you.
I bought my first RV 9 years ago. I never had an RV before and jumped in and went full time. Yes i should have taken more time before purchasing but I still bought a 38 ft class A. I quite often got a lttle (maybe a lot ) stressed when certain things happened. Much of my stress relief came from this site. You will find this site to be extremely helpful. Also people you meet along the way will help as well. A unique group of people are in the RV world.
Now i am thinking sizing down and i do not know what i want....Oh well.
I am in Florida half of the year then i head North in the summer. So far it has been a great experience. I found out more about myself and it has changed me.

Have a happy and healthy new year and the best of good luck to you. Allen aka Gadget
Thank you so much, Allen! I just hit the road on Friday and I'm having a stressful/great time! I have a lot to learn, and it's coming at me fast and hard, but I LOVE IT! It's going to be an interesting 2019! Happy New Year!!!!!!

Bonesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2019, 02:59 PM   #1332

Solo Now

I have been thrust into the solo RV world. My wife of 38 years passed away January 5th after a short battle with Cancer. We had only been RVing for a little over three years and were really enjoying it.

Will be a few months before I crank up and head done the road again. But, I do plan to continue the RV lifestyle without my best friend and navigator. Like the freedom and the people I've met.

I'm in the Dallas area will be looking to downsize from my 40ft with toad to something in the 30 ft range. Leaning to a 5th wheel at the moment.

One simple question has popped up in my thought train a few times. As a solo RVer, do you lock your RV door when you go to bed? I asked because if you need to call 911 for a health emergency, you may not be able to unlock the door for the ambulance crew to get to you. Nothing scary, but just a thought.

Still in the game.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:07 PM   #1333

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggie79 View Post
I have been thrust into the solo RV world. My wife of 38 years passed away January 5th after a short battle with Cancer. We had only been RVing for a little over three years and were really enjoying it.

Will be a few months before I crank up and head done the road again. But, I do plan to continue the RV lifestyle without my best friend and navigator. Like the freedom and the people I've met.

I'm in the Dallas area will be looking to downsize from my 40ft with toad to something in the 30 ft range. Leaning to a 5th wheel at the moment.

One simple question has popped up in my thought train a few times. As a solo RVer, do you lock your RV door when you go to bed? I asked because if you need to call 911 for a health emergency, you may not be able to unlock the door for the ambulance crew to get to you. Nothing scary, but just a thought.

Still in the game.

Very sorry for your loss. Lost my wife of 42 years in Aug 2017. We had also RVíd for a few years before her sudden cancer battle. I also have 40ft DP and have continued with RV travels solo. Itís very lonely but sitting at home is worse!

Iíve considered downsizing but not prepared to take big hit on trade in and not sure up for private sale. Iím on my 4th 3 month trip since her passing plus a few other shorter trips.

On your question, yes I do lock my door at night but havenít considered your 911 scenario.

Best wishes as you move forward and just take it one day at a time. There will be many hard days but over time it does get easier.
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:15 AM   #1334

So sorry for your loss, I can understand your concern. My husband and I use to go tenting for years, after he developed prostate cancer he didn't have the ability to camp like that again. I got my first TT when he was in remission. We had one trip together, then he relasped. Passed the next year. I had concerns like you but always locked my door. If it is possible you can hide a key somewhere on the outside, so if you call 911, just let the operator know where the responders can find it. Also there is an app, Life360 that allows you to set up a person you assign to be notified if you need help.
RitaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:29 PM   #1335

I also went from a 2005 mountain air to a 37ft 5th wheel

I also went from a 2005 mountain air to a 37 ft 5th wheel. after my wife's passing almost a year ago. I like the 5th wheel but don't expect anywhere near the quality that your used to. I've always worried about what would happen to my 2 dogs if I where to pass during the night ( kinda nuts huh? LOL ) So, here is what I've done. I have two people that every morning before 10 AM I send them a thumbs up to let them know that I still kicking. also,We all downloaded the "LIFE 360" app so they can always see my (Almost Exact ) position. I also let them know what park I'm at including the site number. If I don't check in? they will call me just in case I forgot. If no answer they'll call the local Sheriff's office and ask then to do a wellness check. NOW... So they can get into to RV if no answer, I installed a new front door entry lock that opens with a 4 digit combination as well as a key. that I purchased from Amazon. The brand is "RV LOCK" and it does the job. Hopefully this will be helpful.
Ed561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:30 PM   #1336

Been living in my MH for 17 months now still working for 3 more years then hitting the country side. you learn a lot living in one full time. Haven't travelled to far yet due. A couple of NASCAR races and weekend jaunts but I cant wait to hit the road for good. I'm in a 2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3610 with lots of upgrades. will be towing a 16 ft enclosed trailer with my Power Paraglider, KLR 650 motorcycle and paddleboard. Hoping for fun and adventure and minimum headaches!

Deepsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv