Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post
Hmm, I'll probably get some heat about this...but you said, "I now live on the rental income and soc sec but it is still not enough thats why I volunteer for a free site."

But I can't help noticing you own some rather new'ish equipment:

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
2011 Harley Davidson CVO Street Glide

Just thought it was interesting.
Yikes Each person defines what is "enough" for them. This person has a number and wants to have the stuff they have. We should not judge because another's "number" is different than ours.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2017, 09:06 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
I retired 5 yrs ago and have been volunteering as a solo at State and National Parks for a free camp site. I was self employed and did not have a retirement account/401k but was lucky enough to buy a few forclosures and fixed them up and rented them out. I now live on the rental income and soc sec but it is still not enough thats why I volunteer for a free site. There are many of paying opportunities out there as well. Check out KOA. They have their own web site to list your availability and look at adds listed by campgrounds looking for workers.
Thanks, seems there are quite a few options to compensate for income, ether by saving/volunteering or getting paid. I way far from SS, but if i can get some income while on the road and couple that with some volunteering for free space that will help.

Currently working on some kind of income that i can do online or on occasion to fund the rest of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post
Hmm, I'll probably get some heat about this...but you said, "I now live on the rental income and soc sec but it is still not enough thats why I volunteer for a free site."

But I can't help noticing you own some rather new'ish equipment:

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
2011 Harley Davidson CVO Street Glide

Just thought it was interesting.

Appears computerguy has a similar idea as I, mine is just on a physically smaller scale, and though i would love a Harley, i would be fine with a moped. lol

I am one who is more than willing to pay up front for the perfect RV that will help keep me happy and sacrifice to keep that level of happiness.

I noted the 220TB that's a $150k+ RV. But at the same time a 50k Winnebago may be enough for me because i love to gadgetize and improve any vehicle i own. There is so much i can do with an RV.
RIPPER238 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solo