Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: If you are a single female RV'er, please check your age group! Thanks!!
30 to 40 FEMALE 2 11.76%
41 to 50 FEMALE 1 5.88%
51 to 60 FEMALE 9 52.94%
61 to 70 FEMALE 5 29.41%
over 70 FEMALE 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2008, 11:10 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
Please take time to vote! We're just curious as to how many single RV'ers are out there!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2008, 11:10 AM   #2

Please take time to vote! We're just curious as to how many single RV'ers are out there!!
Old 08-31-2008, 02:26 PM   #3

I find it interesting that the men's age question poll has had many more responses than the women's.

I'm 47 (48 in December) and I have earned every grey hair on my head! I blame them all on David and the kids (twin girls).
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:32 PM   #4

...looks tied to me....

IM
IslandMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:27 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Lorna -
I'm with you! Every gray hair on my 58 yr old head was earned with dignity and respect!

GraciesMom -
I currently rv with my hubby, but if anything should ever happen to change that status, I would continue to rv because I enjoy it so.

There was a time when you didn't see too many women on the road by themselves - now there are a lot!

In the Texas Boomers group, we have about 6 single ladies who regularly attend rallies and go out on their own. I ADMIRE THEM!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:49 AM   #6

That is encouraging , Sandy. I have 116 days to countdown to my date of departure LOL....There still seems So much to do to be ready though...

Tomorrow, at the ripe old age of 57 (and with a head full of white hair if I would let it go 'au naturel'), I am going in to take my learner's exam to obtain a fledgling motorcycle permit.... Scares the wits out of me. I think it must be 30 years since I wrote an exam of any kind LOL!! Wish me luck?

IM
Old 09-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #7

MOTORCYCLE LICENSE??? You ARE brave. I want to ride so bad I can't stand it - but I was thrown by my horse in 2000 and was so broken up I spent 6 months in casts and rehab. Left hand and wrist still doesn't work well.

I ride on the back of friends bikes occasionally, and watch the pavement flying by thinking, "Man - if I thought getting bucked off of a HORSE HURT . . ." So I'm just too darned chicken.

I had a female friend who rode alongside her husband in Virginia that lost her leg in a riding accident last year - and of course, living here in Harley Heaven (Colorado) there's a bike wreck in the news daily. There's too many wonderful things to see and do and I don't want to miss out on those things by getting into a wreck on a bike because some driver of a vehicle wasn't aware enough to see me coming . . . . sigh!!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:22 AM   #8

I don't know what the problem is with the women checking their age. No response is required, it's anonymous!! No one knows who you are when you just check a box and move on! Ah Vanity - thy name is woman! LOL!! I'm 52, fighting the grey (thank goodness it blends well with the blonde) and considering the alternative, darned HAPPY to be 52!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #9

Hey, I passed LOL....what a simple process this is these days!!

Shhh, GM, please tell me no horror stories LOL. I am more worried about towing a car behind my motorhome... terror comes in many forms and I am unlikely to take many chances anyway or travel any distances or at high speeds on this thing anyway.

IM
Old 09-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IslandMomma:
...terror comes in many forms... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it does. And some folks are simply afraid to live. We all gotta go sometime. I want to be able to say "No regrets, I did as much as I could and saw as much as I could in the time I had".
Old 09-06-2008, 10:13 AM   #11

More power to all the motorcycle riders out there, but I would regret spending the rest of my life in a wheelchair and missing out on all the wonderful travels that I'm now able to enjoy on my own much more than I would regret never riding a motorcycle. I'd hardly call skydiving, hot air balloon riding, four wheeling, scuba diving, kayaking, river rafting, skiing and all the other things I enjoy being "afraid to live". The difference is, I don't have to worry about some driver distracted by their cell phone running me down, as they do on a daily basis, while enjoying other activities. It's a choice. We all have choices.

P.S. IslandMomma - what kind of bike did you get??
Old 09-06-2008, 11:16 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GraciesMom:
...skydiving, hot air balloon riding, four wheeling, scuba diving, kayaking, river rafting, skiing... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh, what a dull life you don't lead! I wasn't insinuating that you weren't living a full & exciting life. Just that so many folks are too scared to live.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...I don't have to worry about some driver distracted by their cell phone running me down, as they do on a daily basis, while enjoying other activities... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I worry about this every time I drive down the road! I've gotten to the point to where I get jumpy whenever one of those big Escalades, Avalanches or Hummers get near me. The folks that drive them tend to be on the cellphone AND trying to run me down at the same time! Its like they aim for my little Jeep. Maybe I'm paranoid? But then my poor old beat up Jeep gets hit in the parking lot all the time. Just found that someone hit it again... scraped up the front bumper and cracked the lens on one of my fog lights and turn signal.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:23 AM   #13

It's just a little Yamaha 124 cc Vino scooter but big enough for me...!!

IM
Old 09-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #14

Lorna - When I got the Class A I had to get a small toad and I was used to driving the big Ford F350 or a Yukon, Tahoe, etc. I now have a little Ford Escape and YES, it scares me to drive it with the huge SUV's, 18 wheelers and all that stuff. I hate to say it, but I don't take nearly as many road trips as I used to take in my big vehicle. The little squirt just isn't as comfortable or as much fun to drive either. Hopefully, one day I can upgrade to a diesel that can pull a full sized SUV . . . but for now, at least I get GREAT gas mileage!! I do hope all states pas the law that you can't talk on the cell phone - at least not in your hand - and drive at the same time.

IslandMomma - I WOULD love to have a scooter in Key West and around the other little towns. You'll have fun!! Congrats!!