Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:29 AM   #1

Solo trip south next week

Not sure if I am more nervous or excited! Will be 600 miles to destination and a week of camping near north Padre Island. Still waiting on confirmation at RV park (will be getting a call from me today else will be calling someone else).

Used to take mini trips alone, but it was across town at the local city lake for a day or two. Didn't worry too much then about breakdowns, dumping tanks, systems, etc. Only mildly concerned as I just bought my rig last week. I drove it the 5 hours home with zero problems, it drove awesome!!! Mechanically, the motor is sound, has 71k miles on it, all gauges were spot on. Tires are great. The rig had a 100 point inspection that either passed or was repaired/replaced. So everything should be in good working order. "Should"... but having been around RV's all my life, I know how that goes so I know there are always surprises. The AC doesn't blows as cold as I would like, but have done many things to cut down on hot sunlight to help, and have many fans. The generator is a little loud, but works. Other than that, everything is great!

But ya know... it's camping!! Sometimes something fails and you just roll with it. Hoping the humidity doesn't kick me in the behind. Am excited to figure out things and do for myself. I dream of some day going full time, so will be a good preview.

This single widowed chick can do this!!
Meshami is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2014, 07:32 AM   #2

It appears to me that you are of the old school that says women can't do everything a man can. That is total BS.
Get out and have fun! Live is too short not to enjoy every minute.
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:45 AM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshami View Post
But ya know... it's camping!! Sometimes something fails and you just roll with it. Hoping the humidity doesn't kick me in the behind. Am excited to figure out things and do for myself. I dream of some day going full time, so will be a good preview.

This single widowed chick can do this!!
That's a great attitude!!

You will do just fine I'm sure. Take your time, don't get frustrated with yourself, enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:34 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Meshami,

Go for it! Everything sounds under control.

Full time in a C is a blast.

mangy dog
mangy dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #5

Trip

I just did my first solo trip from central OH to WV. to southern Ohio and return, 600 mi. was great and no surprises, hope urs goes as well and here's wishing u the best.
Bill
Bukiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:55 AM   #6

You will do great!!

having been around RV's you will be fine. The fact that you are willing to get out there shows that you can accomplish whatever you set out to do. My daughter majored in metal crafts at an art school and did welding and plasma cutting and blacksmithing with big metals (steel) and can do it as well as any guy.

As others have said, take your time, don't panic and don't sweat the small stuff and above all enjoy the ride and view. As has been said, "The view is better when you're the lead dog in a team the number 3 down the line." I may not have the view exactly right but you get the gist of it. I just did 7500 miles across country from New Jersey to Glacier NP, Portland, OR, Oregon coast, San Francisco and return 3 weeks ago and loved it. I am a widower who met some great folks along the way. Again Enjoy.

Dennis
denverh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:15 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Meshami,
Are you still out there? How are you doing? Love hearing about Women doing it for themselves. I'm about to take out myself soon. Hope to hear back.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:35 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Congratulations on the MH and the attitude. Time for everyone to realize that we are our own best resource.

Take your time, drive reasonably, take breaks occasionally and enjoy the trip. This is just the same as driving across town, only farther.

Common sense will be your guide, cel phone and credit card will be your backup.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:51 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
Of course you can I have faith in you!!! Just keep posting