Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Solo RV'ers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:44 PM   #1

Tent camping, but I am doing it, and doing it

well!!

I haven't much time as I am 21 miles up river, been there 3 weeks, love it! The only thing is, it's too far out for many folks to show up. Last night I was alone, and want to find out if any of you solos are tent-camping, or just able to afford the lower costing sites?

I would love to meet-up with some folks, I am "self-contained" LOL don't "need" anyone, just want company once in awhile at least. I am up near Port Orford OR, and want to head out for more populated camps. I am in a free site w/pit toilets, fire-rings and tables. And, the most beautiful swimming hole.

Hard-pressed to find a place this lovely, but, without others around to at least visit with is getting too lonely Oh, I can cook on an open fire now, being hungry is a great incentive, LOL!!

Comon, surely someone wants to explore the great, Northwest Denise
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	butterfly.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	99344   Click image for larger version

Name:	flowing color.JPG
Views:	339
Size:	485.1 KB
ID:	99345  

Name:	my frog prince.JPG
Views:	331
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	99346   Click image for larger version

Name:	feet.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	99348  

Name:	great swimming hole.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	99349  
nwcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #2

I only get an hour at the library so I won't be able to answer for one or two days if anyone replies

Happy 4th all!!
Old 07-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #3

Looks like fun, have an rv and wouldn't mind joining u, I understand it's nice to have some one to talk to now and then[emoji3]
ruokyru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:08 AM   #4

I am now ready to go up to Willow Creek CA, home of Bigfoot (LOL)!! But it is lovely and the park is National (Boise Campground) so it excepts Senior Passes. RVs and tents. I'll give you the link from Reserve America, and a link to look at the area. It is hot there, but lovely.

Write me a bit about you if you like, and maybe we could be neighbors. Town is 2 miles, with library, good shopping (groceries). I don't know about the fishing. Anyway, will send you some info below Denise

Search for Places - ReserveAmerica

Google Image Result for http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/3f/68/45/willow-creek-big-foot.jpg
Old 07-21-2015, 10:48 AM   #5

Hi, thanks for the info, as it turns out I won't be able to meet up with u, going to do a short motorcycle trip then back to work. Enjoy and be safe!! Renee
ruokyru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:15 AM   #6

Dang, that sounds awesome Renee!! Good for you I have another thing I might need to do for a couple of more days myself so I guess it's timing

Denise
Old 11-28-2015, 08:54 AM   #7

Bueatiful place...will be heading for the pacific nw in early spring. Watch out for the critters
ancient11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping