Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > RV Gourmet
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: What kind of recipes do you like?
Cookies & Cakes 2 11.76%
Main Dishes 15 88.24%
Side Dishes 4 23.53%
Desserts 3 17.65%
The Odds and Ends 4 23.53%
Salads 1 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Anyone up for trading recipes?

I for one love to cook and bake!! And when we are traveling I love to try new things. So if anyone out there wants to share recipes please share them here.

I cook and bake like I am home when on the road and we love just about any type of foods.

I will start with this Zucchini Frittata recipe:

5 large eggs
3/4 cup mixed shredded cheese
Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
2 tsp olive oil
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 small onion, diced
2 large mushrooms, sliced
1/4 red bell pepper, minced

In a large glass measuring cup (I use an 8-quart measure) or a bowl, beat the eggs and cheese together with a wire whisk, until the eggs are fluffy. Season with salt and pepper, stir in the herbs, and set aside.

In a small nonstick frying pan (a 10-inch pan works well), heat the olive oil. Add zucchini, onion, mushrooms and bell pepper, all at once, and sauté over low heat until the zucchini and onions are translucent, 4-5 minutes. Pour on the egg mixture. Reduce heat to simmer, and cover the pan. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove the cover, lift the edges of the frittata to let some of the uncooked egg flow underneath, and keep cooking, covered, 6-8 minutes more, or until the top is just set. Turn off the heat, remove the cover, and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top of the frittata and then I put my pan under the broiler after this till the top is slightly browned and cheese is melted.

Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hawaiian Sweet Bread

1/2 cup milk, warmed
1 1/2 packages dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 cup evaporated milk or light cream
5 tablespoons butter
large pinch nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
4 cups bread flour
4 eggs, lightly beaten, plus 1 egg beaten for glaze
1 teaspoon salt
Mix milk, yeast and 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Allow to stand until the mixture is bubbly.
In a saucepan, warm the evaporated milk. Add the butter, nutmeg, sugar and lemon peel. Stir until the butter is melted.
Place the flour in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, the yeast mixture and the salt. Add enough of the evaporated milk mixture just to form a soft dough. Knead for 15 minutes.
Allow the loaf to rise to double it's size. Punch it down and let it rise again. Form into a round loaf and allow to rise one more time.
Preheat the oven to 325F. Mix the egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush it on top of the loaf of bread.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

3/4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature and cut into cubes
1 large egg, beaten
3 medium-size, very ripe bananas, mashed
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
pinch of salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with butter.
In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter.
Mix in the egg, then the mashed bananas, milk, vanilla extract, spices and salt.
Sift over the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and gently mix, stirring only till combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
Transfer the batter to the pan, smooth the top with the back of a spoon and bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick/cake-tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 45-60 minutes.
Allow to cool for a few minutes in the pan, and then transfer to a rack and cool.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Butter Cake

6 large egg yolks
1 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 cups sifted cake flour
2 cups granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
˝ teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature and cut into pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 9-inch x 1 1/2 inch cake pans with Bakers Joy, line bottoms with parchment paper, then spray again with Bakers Joy. Set aside.

In a medium bowl lightly combine the egg yolks, 1/4 cup milk, and vanilla extract.

In the bowl of your electric mixer combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt) and mix on low speed for about 30 seconds or until blended. Add the butter and remaining 3/4 cup milk. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for about 2 minutes to aerate and develop the cake's structure. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Gradually add the egg mixture, in 3 additions, beating about 30 seconds after each addition to incorporate the egg.

Divide the batter and pour into the prepared pans, smoothing the surface with an offset spatula. (Pans will be about half full.) Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in center.

Place the cakes on a wire rack to cool, in their pans, for about 10 minutes. Then invert the cakes onto a greased rack. To prevent splitting, re-invert cakes so that tops are right side up. Cool completely before frosting.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Crock Pot Chocolate Cake

2 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
6 tbsp. cocoa
1 egg
1 c. "real" mayonnaise
1 c. hot water
1 tsp. vanilla
Stir together dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and beat 2 minutes with electric mixer. Pour into greased and floured 3 pound shortening can and cover with paper towels. Bake in uncovered crock-pot on High 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours or until done.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Broccoli Beef in Oyster Sauce

2/3 - 1 pound of beef tenderloin (any cut of steak will due as the marinade will tenderize)
1 Tablespoon of cornstarch

Marinade - if using 1 pound of beef double this
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 Tablespoon cooking wine or Mirin
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
5 Tablespoons of water

Add in 1 Tablespoon of oil.

Cut meat across the grain into thin bite size slices and mix in 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch.  I put the meat and then the cornstarch into a Ziploc bag;  then mix the cornstarch into the beef; then add all of the marinade ingredients and mix well again.  Let this marinate for at least 1 hour.  Then add in 1 Tablespoon of oil and mix again.

1/2 cup oil
2/3 pound of broccoli
6 green onions cut into 1/2 inch pieces
6 slices of ginger root - fresh
1/2 Tablespoon of cooking wine or Mirin

Separate and cut off the broccoli flowerets from the stems.  Cooking in boiling water for 1 minute.  Then remove and drain broccoli. 

Heat wok and add oil; when oil is hot put meat into the wok.  Stir fry until meat changes color; remove the beef and drain.  Add 2 Tablespoons oil into the wok; next add in the green onions and ginger root cook until you can smell a wonderful aroma.  Add the beef, 1/2 Tablespoon of cooking wine or Mirin.  Then add the mixed sauce below tossing the beef well and adding the broccoli just before serving.

Sauce -
1 1/2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Dash of fresh ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon sesame seed oil
3 Tablespoons water
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Old 02-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Thanks for sharing these recipes, they sound yummy. Would like to share some recipes with you, what type are you looking for? I have been using my bread machine like crazy this winter, last night made bagels, they turned out great. If you have a bread machine I would gladly share some recipes. Or if there are other types you are looking for, if I have a tried and true one, I will gladly share.
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #8

Does anyone have a breakfast casserole dish for the convection oven. Eggs, sausage, cheese ect... I am looking to serve 2 maybe 4 at the most. I hate left overs. I have one for a 9 X 14 dish and have tried to scale it back, but just does not taste the same. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #9
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

I also will share, but need to go to my computer rather than ipad.
I make a super pizza yeast dough... Do you want that?
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for responding! I love bread recipes so would love any you would like to share!
Colleen
Old 02-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Julie this is one of our family favorites. I have often added things like chopped onions and chopped red and green peppers to the hash browns too. Hope it helps.

Colleen

Breakfast Pizza
1 pound bulk sausage
1 pkg. of 8 crescent rolls
1 cup frozen hash browns (I use a little more)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use more)

Brown and drain the sausage - I use Jimmy Dean Maple Syrup Sausage.
Pat the crescent rolls to the bottom of an ungreased 9"x13" pan.  Once it is patted out over the bottom of the pan pour the browned and drained sausage over the crescent rolls.  Then add the hash browns on top of the sausages.

Next mix and then pour evenly over it all:

5 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 Tbls. grated parmesan cheese

Next sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese evenly over the top and bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 min.  Check the center to make sure nothing is runny.  If egg is still runny place foil over the top and bake 10 min. longer in the oven.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Darlene, I forgot to mention that I too have a bread maker too so can use either kind of bread recipe.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Crock Pot Lemon Cheesecake

A favorite too! This makes it easy baking it in the crockpot as your having fun.
Crust:
1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs or graham crackers
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 Tablespoons sugar
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
Filling:
16 ounces cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon flour or cornstarch
1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Combine crust ingredients. Pat into a 7-inch springform pan. Beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth; beat in eggs and continue beating on medium speed of a hand-held electric mixer for about 3 minutes. Beat in remaining ingredients and continue beating for about 1 minute. Pour batter into the prepared crust.
Place the cheesecake on a rack in the Crock Pot.
Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Let stand in the covered pot after turning it off for about an hour or 2, until cool enough to handle. Cool thoroughly before removing pan sides. Chill in the refrigerator before serving, and refrigerate any leftovers.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Sohapi, Here is a recipe for making pizza crust using the bread machine, what I like best about it is that you use all-purpose flour, instead of bread flour. Add ingredients in order listed to bread machine pan: 1 Cup plus 6 Tblsps. of water (80-90 degrees) , 3 Tblsp. of Oil-olive or vegetable, 3/4 tsp. salt, 1 Tblsp. sugar, 4 Cups All-purpose Flour, 2 tsp. Active Dry Yeast. Select "DOUGH" setting on bread machine. When cycle is finished, place dough on floured surface, and cover dough with a large bowl, and let rest for 10 minutes. Then divide dough in 1/2 , and either freeze or use . Make 2 pizzas. Top with your favorite pizza sauce and toppings, then bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes.

ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote