Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > RV Gourmet
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
I'm wanting to socialize more when I get out on the road this time and want to keep some things around that I can pull out and serve on a moment's notice for snacks. (Something more than chips and dip . . . )I'm good at whipping up dinners, but it's the appetizers and stuff that I'm not too great at. Any quick and easy appetizer recipes out there?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
I'm wanting to socialize more when I get out on the road this time and want to keep some things around that I can pull out and serve on a moment's notice for snacks. (Something more than chips and dip . . . )I'm good at whipping up dinners, but it's the appetizers and stuff that I'm not too great at. Any quick and easy appetizer recipes out there?
Old 09-27-2008, 07:49 AM   #3

This can be prepared ahead of time and then into the oven for 30 minutes. Takes a little time but you'll be asked for this recipe time and again.

Hot Artichoke dip

1 jar marinated artichoke hearts
1 cup mayo
1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese

Drain artichoke hearts and cut into 1/4 in.
put into class baking container, add mayo and grated fresh Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper.

Bake 350 degrees until melted. Serve with any hard breads or crackers.

You can add other things like onions if you like but I don't because some people do not like onions.

I double this recipe because it is always a hit. It is warm and gooey and wonderful.

Enjoy
Old 10-04-2008, 06:39 AM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
If you like green olives here is one that is quick,simple and very good! I try to keep these ingredients on hand at all times.

Olive Spread
8 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup chopped green salad olives
reserved liquid from the olives
dash of black pepper
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Combine cream cheese,and mayo,mix well.Add pepper and a little liquid from the olives(recipe called for 2 T,I found that to be too much)then mix.You want it to be a nice spreading concisity.Fold in the olives and pecans.Place in service dish and serve with your favorite crackers.
Note:I keep a small mini chopper in the rv and chop the olives and nuts up really fine.Its good with about any type of beverage from wine to soda.
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
This one is a dip but one that is used with crackers or something other than chips. It is always a hit. I buy the frozen shrimp but the canned work well too. They are both inexpensive.

Shrimp Dip

Mix tog:
1/2c Mayo
3 oz softened cream cheese
1 tsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp ea salt & pepper
5 drops hot pepper sauce
1 Tbsp minced ea celery & onion
1 pkg frozen or 6oz can shrimp

The shrimp are the tiny ones. I keep cream cheese in the freezer too to have on hand.

Another quick one is to place slices of fresh veggies like tomato, pepper, etc on a Triscuit, add some shredded cheese and put in the microwave for a few seconds until the cheese melts.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote