Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > RV Gourmet
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:19 AM   #15

iRV2 No Limits Club
We have one of the Nexgrill's and use it with both the teardrop and at home. I added a gas point from Bullfinch in the UK that feeds from the two stage regulator and a ten foot hose and quick disconnect. Two complaints, flame spreader is common steel and rusted through finding a SS replacement was not possible so I had to cut down a much larger one to fit. the second complaint is that the vents on the side are too much so in winter/cold it doesd not get hot enough, block those and not a problem.
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2014, 05:26 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We use the Coleman roadtrip and a Coleman stove. Coleman stove is handy for us and the Roadtrip works great. Both store fairly easy.

Richard
RCG604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:44 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
We use a camp chef as we like the versatility of using grill box or griddle or just the burner for boiling or frying. They come with 2 or 3 burners.
I second the the Camp Chef set up. We do a a lot of tailgating at my sons college football games and spend days at the beach. The versatility is great, along with it stores great in one of the bays.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:54 AM   #18

I have had a Weber 18 inch Smokey Joe grill for a couple of years and it works well considering its size, but it is limited to grilling only. I was considering a small Green Egg, but the weight and size were prohibitive. I was also considering a pellet smoker, as some of them are small enough to store in the basement. I have used a Large Green Egg at home for a number of years with a added "Grue" electronic temperature control unit. Last week, I bought an adapter so I could use the Grue with the Weber Grill. This permits me to control the temperature on the Weber within + - 5 degrees and to maintain a fire long enough to smoke briskets and large pieces of meat at low temperatures. Final vote is not in, but it seems to work very well. $50 grill and a $300 control unit, but that controller does double duty with the big Green Egg. We will be camping for the next two weeks and I'll provide further reports.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydu View Post
Kalbi steak? Where did you get it? Love Korean food.
Lloydu,

Local QFC. Pre oil grill. High heat. 2-3 min per side. Yum.

Dan.
Dan_public is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Dan,
Gotta go get some. Thanks!
Lloyd
Lloydu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:07 AM   #21

I have been using an Aussie Traveler for about 10 years now. Its a griddle style but plenty of room for a crowd and everything folds up and stores in/on the grill.

2200 Series
Old 06-01-2014, 10:19 AM   #22

What great feedback, thanks to everyone. Right now I'm leaning toward the Coleman Road Trip LXX for features 22K BTU, changeable cooking surfaces (burner/griddle/grill) and price...
Diesel Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:15 PM   #23

Treager! - with the digital temp control. Wood pellet heat (no propane flavor). But they are not the most compact sized, if tight on storage.

We have had a Weber Q220 for years. Original regulator struggled during winter use with any wind. Stepped up to a higher flow regulator and it heats up well now. Q220 is a great gas grill.
But it's much easier (for me) to produce better outcome with the Treager. Ribs for example; place on grill at 180*. Go boating for 3 hrs. Wrap ribs in foil, back on grill at 220*. Go boating for 2 more hrs. You don't stare at a temp gauge and adjust a gas knobb, and the meat falls off the bone every time. 5-6 hrs of cooking does not consume your time.
powchazr is offline   Reply With Quote