Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > RV Gourmet
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-30-2007, 05:38 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by taletellers:
Why don't they design one with more freezer space? You would think that was a no brainer! I had to pass up an incredible meat sale two weeks ago that probably would have supplied me for the summer for $40.00, I could do with a smaller fridge-maybe in tradeout. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Marcie, I've seen folks that have installed compact freezers in one of their storage bays. The downside is you lose storage. If your inverter is powerful enough it should handle the power load while travelling if you choose not to run the generator. Just a thought.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #16

Why not make up a batch and split between neigbors, then everybody can enjoy without having to store so much, Just a thought

2006 Dodge 3500 dually
countryside drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #17

Oh and I hope to be a neighbor real soon!

2006 Dodge 3500 dually
countryside drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:58 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
I sent out the recipe to some friends and they all want to try it. Thanks for sharing.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:35 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barbara S.:
I sent out the recipe to some friends and they all want to try it. Thanks for sharing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You're very welcome Barbara.

FYI: Last weekend I spotted some organic pineapple juice at Trader Joe's and tried that instead of the Dole juice, along with Captain Morgan spiced rum. I didn't care for it at all. From now on I'll stick with the Dole and Bacardi.

Craig

Old 07-23-2007, 02:25 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Well, I just had to say we are hooked on these... very delicious! I'm considering making individual servings in small ziplock bags... because then they would fit in any freezer. I make mine in a (clean) gallon milk jug first (let the frozen concentrates melt enough to be pourable), then transfer into smaller plastic containers for freezing.

Anywhooooo... thanks for the recipe!
Old 07-23-2007, 06:24 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bsavage:
Well, I just had to say we are hooked on these... very delicious! I'm considering making individual servings in small ziplock bags... because then they would fit in any freezer. I make mine in a (clean) gallon milk jug first (let the frozen concentrates melt enough to be pourable), then transfer into smaller plastic containers for freezing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Great Idea! I may have to try that next week. We're taking my sister-in-law and her two kids along with us on vacation, so space in the freezer will be limited. Thanks for the tip!

Craig

Old 10-09-2007, 07:36 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
I mixed this delightful beverage up before one of our long weekends recently and tried to get it frozen before putting it in the motorhome freezer. It made so much that I put it into 3 tupperware containers; took 2 with us and left 1 in the freezer at home.

It was sooo refreshing in our hot Arizona summer, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Quite a change from a frosty beer.

And the third container was at home waiting for us when we got home and unpacked the motorhome. Thanks for sharing a refreshing recipe.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:06 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Just thought I should let some of our newer members in on this "keeper" recipe!
Get your ingredients soon...the nice weather will soon be here for all of us!

Cheers!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #24

Here is a neat recipe for a refreshing cocktail.
Grab one bottle of best Tequila you can afford.
Find one lime.
Find one glass.
Cut lime in half.
Fill glass with Tequila
Drink Tequila expeditiously.
Wash glass out with lime.
Repeat.
Northern states might want to substitute Yukon Jack or the equivalent.
Easy to prepare, requires no perishable ingredients, cheap, and takes up no refrigerator space.
Alternatively... for you loners... you can hang out with my virtual drinking pal.
http://www.virtualdrinkingbuddy.com/
Cheers!
Gossen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #25

Ford Super Duty Owner
sounds good thanks