Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Hobbies, Passions & Pastimes > RV Gourmet
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #1

Would anyone have a receipe for smoking jalapeno peppers?

I had some a long time ago and they were good. You could crumble the peppers or eat them as they were.

Thanks
Bill
2001 30' Sandpiper W/slide '02 Dodge Ram 2500 HD Diesel,4:10 LS Timbren overloads, Jacobs Exhaust Brake
'05 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
bill 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
This is not a smoked Jalapeno receipe but it a good Jalapeno treat.

Cut Jalapeno in half, clean seed out. Fill with Cream cheese and wrap a half slice of bacon around each Jalapeno half,secure with toothpick. Place on cookie sheet & broil until the bacon is crisp.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Explorer2,

They are even better if you do them on the grill or smoker....good enough to make you slap yo' Mama.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:40 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by TXiceman:
Explorer2,

They are even better if you do them on the grill or smoker....good enough to make you slap yo' Mama.
ken
Ken... NO slapping Mama!!

MonacoMama

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Rick cuts them in half, removes the seeds, marinates in Italian dressing, microwaves for a few minutes, and then grills them until tender. We don't stuff them or wrap with bacon usually, but that is also yummy.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:50 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The bride cuts them in half, and slow fries them in a skillet with a bit of olive oil in it. When I do steaks on the grill I cut them in half and do both sides till a little black or brown is shown. Sometimes we remove the seeds and other times we don't. We can't tell the heat level until eating them. Many times we wish we had left the seeds in.

They are great along with spaghetti and garlic bread too---
Old 02-08-2009, 11:37 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Clean, stuff with cream cheese or Cheddar, batter, and deep fry .
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
We cut in half take out seeds place cooked Jimmy Dean sausage in cavity wrap with bacon cook on grill. I lay them on foil. Great snack!!

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill 2 View Post
Would anyone have a receipe for smoking jalapeno peppers?
I remove the seeds and stems, crumble the peppers into very small pieces, and roll in a standard cigarette paper...oh wait, that's now what you meant is it...nevermind...
StevePav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #10
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Gently take the seeds out and leave the veins in. The capsaicin is a product of the vein, so if deveining them you remove all the heat except what has been absorbed by the meat. The seeds (picante) only contain a small amount of the heat .

The hottest pepper is the Naga Jolokia and comes in on the Scoval Scale at between 855,000 - 1,041,427 SHU. Those will bring tears to your eyes if you look at them!!!!

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #11

Cut stem off slice one side open and remove seeds stuff with cream cheese then stuff a date in the cheese wrap with bacon and I usually smoke them with cherry wood.
stumpnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #12
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh, and I slice the Jalapeno just South of the stem so that I have a whole Jalap, but sliced up the middle. I use a grapefruit spoon and take out as much seed and rib as I want to. The put a nice size shrimp in between the slices packed with cream cheese. Wrap with bacon and stick a tooth pick through it to hold it all together. Broil until bacon is done. Just a little pre-cook of the bacon before wrapping and broiling helps to crisp them quicker in the broiler. U mm, u mm good!

Just this week I sliced the Jalapeno completely in half one half would have the stem still on it and the other of course did not. Fill each half with cream cheese or jack cheese (I alternated and used both), lay a piece of shrimp on top of the cheese, cut a pound of bacon into thirds. Take one slice of the cut bacon and lay it on top of the shrimp and use toothpicks through the jalapeno skewering the bacon on each side. Broil until bacon is cooked. I did not pre-cook the bacon this time, but nest time I most definitely will.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearn View Post
We cut in half take out seeds place cooked Jimmy Dean sausage in cavity wrap with bacon cook on grill. I lay them on foil. Great snack!!
But I'll bet a hot link would be even better!

I get extra special hot links from the Freedom Meat Locker in Watsonville Ca. They don't always have them but when they do they're the best. The DW won't let me cook them indoors. Whatever you do don't breathe the smoke!

Home Page

Hard to find a jalapeno with enough flavor for my tastes. Perhaps a jalapeņo stuffed with sharp cheddar and diced Serrano would be a nice balance?
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer2 View Post
This is not a smoked Jalapeno receipe but it a good Jalapeno treat.

Cut Jalapeno in half, clean seed out. Fill with Cream cheese and wrap a half slice of bacon around each Jalapeno half,secure with toothpick. Place on cookie sheet & broil until the bacon is crisp.
Another non smoked Jalapeņo use a package of the dry ranch dressing mix and mix it with the cream cheese, mmmmm good sometimes I use a whole package sometimes less
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote