iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/)
-   -   Fort Wilderness (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/fort-wilderness-104846.html)

Ron & Dee 10-05-2011 06:42 AM

Fort Wilderness

Fort Wilderness here we come:dance:

We will be spending our annual Fort Wilderness trip this coming Columbus Day weekend, four days starting Thursday evening.

We have camped there every year since the opening in 1971:)

Ron

JMonroe 10-05-2011 10:23 AM

It's been too long since out last Fort Wilderness / Disney World trip. We should be there the first week of December. Can't wait!

papa&susu 10-05-2011 10:36 AM

Just came back. Not sure who had most fun: us'ns or the grandchildren!

dagray 10-05-2011 02:10 PM

Love that place. :dance::dance::dance:

Rodneykrantz 10-05-2011 02:59 PM

Do you get a package with camping,meals and park if so what is the best deal? I was thinking about going in November

JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) 10-05-2011 03:06 PM

Greatest place on earth for camping :)

RV LYONS 10-05-2011 04:16 PM

We were there in Aug.'09 had a blast stayed in the dog loop, near the trading post, 1st. class operation.We had the whole package,meals and parks on our Disney card. Well worth it.

Rick & nRobin:thumb:

40GnTX 10-05-2011 04:27 PM

What a great place -- our kids love it almost as much as the wife and I!!

Ron & Dee 10-05-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodneykrantz (Post 975846)
Do you get a package with camping,meals and park if so what is the best deal? I was thinking about going in November

Sorry, can't answer that but I'm sure there plenty of answers out there.

We just get the camping, use our season tickets to get into the theme parks, eat out at various place where we can get reservations.

Some of the more popular eating places and entertainment requires reservations months in advance:sad:

We have a GREAT time, no matter what:)

Ron

Heater 10-05-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodneykrantz

Yes you can same as with any resort.

dagray 10-05-2011 05:27 PM

My wife bought a package with seven days of park hopper tickets but only got reservations for 7 days at Fort Wilderness. I called and uped it to nine days at Fort Wilderness because you don't check in untill noon and you have to check out before noon. The made two days worth of tickets not very useful.:dance:

mikron 10-05-2011 05:44 PM

3 days November for Christmas lights and all the rest of the fun. We haven't been for over 8 years. We stopped travling when we had to put or pet down. we just got back into camping with our new pet and will be at the fort in november. We only live 80 miles fron Disney and seem to go less then to orther campgrounds.

JMonroe 10-05-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodneykrantz (Post 975846)

HEATER's response to the contrary, I don't believe the free meal plans are available to Fort Wilderness campsite guests. If someone has actual experience to the contrary, I'd like to hear about it. Maybe for guests staying in the 'cabins', but not for those on campsites.

Heater 10-05-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMonroe

HEATER's response to the contrary, I don't believe the free meal plans are available to Fort Wilderness campsite guests. If someone has actual experience to the contrary, I'd like to hear about it. Maybe for guests staying in the 'cabins', but not for those on campsites.

We have reservations at Ft Wilderness in 2 weeks. The dining plan is an option. I don't think I understand the Free meal plan?