iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Damon (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/)
-   -   Outside TV Project (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/outside-tv-project-10987.html)

Mickey&Linda 06-10-2007 12:06 PM

Since the forum is kinda slow, I thought I would post a LINKto a pic of a project I did about 3 yrs ago.

Mickey&Linda 06-10-2007 12:06 PM

Since the forum is kinda slow, I thought I would post a LINKto a pic of a project I did about 3 yrs ago.

Chandler 06-10-2007 06:23 PM

Mickey...very nice! It looks like a factory job. I was thinking the same thing about the forum being slow. I take it as a good thing. Everyone's using their rigs and they aren't giving them a lot of trouble.
My biggest thing now is keeping the darn pollen off!

Chandler

Hurricaner 06-11-2007 02:31 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My biggest thing now is keeping the darn pollen off! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If that is the biggest thing, then life is good.

Sam

4gone 06-11-2007 05:35 PM

Not kidding about the pollen!!!

I do have a situation that I am dealing with. I have what I thought was a tire out of balance on the front of my '07 Daybreak with 1900 miles. Had all of the tires checked for balance fronts were good, passenger side rear were good, drivers rear both were out but not real bad 2oz on one and 3oz on the other. I did not believe this would have any effect and it did not. I can feel it in the steering wheel and my wife can feel it in the floor on her side. I don't get much in the floor on my side. When they were checking the balance on the right front tire both the tech and I thought it looked like it was running out of round but this was just our feeling at this point. They are ordering a couple of tires and will have them tomorrow. Since I want to get a spare anyway they are going to mount and balance a new tire to see if this makes a difference.

OK, If this doesn't help, any other thoughts. It comes in around 65mph and up. I had it up to 75 just to see if it fades out and it does get somewhat less severe. I feel it in the steering wheel and get a noise associated with it kind of like a canvas blowing in the wind (kind of).... I've been around cars my whole life so I have an ok feel for this stuff, btu I could use some thoughts in case this doesn't nail it. It sure feels like a tire to me.

Chandler 06-11-2007 05:55 PM

4gone...It definately sounds like a tire. I take it it's a "once a tire revolution" vibration rather than a "fine" humming vibration that a driveline would make?

If you think about it logically, you can eliminate a lot without spending a lot of money. Have you tried rotating the tires? If you think it's coming from the left front, try swapping a rear to the front and see what happens. You have six wheels and tires so you can pretty much find which one is bad. I have seen, on rare occasions, wheels that were not truly centered on the hub and would set up a vibration that wouldn't show up on a balencer. A tire with a broken or misaligned belt would vibrate while under way but may not show to be out of balance. (although they usually are noticable at very low speeds)

Let us know how things work out!

Chandler

The Woodieboys 06-11-2007 08:14 PM

I was wondering. Did you use a regular TV or did you have to find one that would handle the rougher weather?

I have a good 27" TV that I want to put in our new MH that would fit perfectly but was wondering if the high humidity here in Florida would kill it or not...

Mickey&Linda 06-12-2007 12:39 PM

The 27' would do just fine as far as weather. The TV is held tightly in the enclosure and has been in place for 3 yrs including a trip across I-10 to Texas as well as a couple trips to Wv on some very rough roads.

Mickey