iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Tampa RV show (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/tampa-rv-show-111596.html)

Gusto2 12-31-2011 07:47 AM

Tampa RV show

We are still in the hunt for an RV and are planning to attend the Tampa show in January. Trying to find out if there is any type of shuttle around the fairgrounds. Have a bum knee right now and watching the video of the show, it looks as if there is a lot of walking. If anyone has attended this show, all information (or tips) would be appreciated.

mhs4771 12-31-2011 08:32 AM

Don't know about the Tampa show (will find out soon), but we were at the Hershey show in Sept and Yep, lots of walking. They did have some Golf Carts to give rides back to the Camping area for those with problems getting around, but nothing in the area of the Rigs, just not enough room. They were packed in like Sardines.

gripper 12-31-2011 08:45 AM

I live in Tampa and have been to the show, many times. After you pay your entrance fee, you have the option to rent an electric scooter, wheel chair, etc. Just get there early, because they go fast. Don't advise going on "senior day", because it is almost impossible to find a scooter or even get around, with all the scooters. If you don't want to rent a scooter, there are trams that run constantly throught the grounds (also, around the parking lot area), taking you where you want to go. Obviously they won't do you any good, inside of the buildings. However you choose, go and I hope you have a good time!

DriVer 12-31-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto2 (Post 1045835)
We are still in the hunt for an RV and are planning to attend the Tampa show in January. Trying to find out if there is any type of shuttle around the fairgrounds. .

Gusto2! Forgettaboutit! They got shuttles coming out of the Wazoo! :D

Come on down and do the show. You're going to have a great time!

Never mind the shuttles, I bet your knee will give you some problems from going up and down dozens of stairs.

If anyone can find me, just ask me for a NEW iRV2.com sticker. I have a number of those to give out and I would be pleased to do so. :thumb:

hauls 12-31-2011 09:20 AM

how much do they charge at the camping show for walk ins

Clifftall 12-31-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauls
how much do they charge at the camping show for walk ins

It was a out 8-10.00 , but that was for two days. They don't sell one day tickets. Well worth it IMHO. If you meant overnight dry camping. That was 10.00 in past years.

GaryKD 12-31-2011 10:19 AM

Hi hauls,
$10 is the entry fee per adult for walk-ins. Go to Florida RV Trade Association - 2012 Florida RV SuperShow for details.

Clifftall 12-31-2011 10:35 AM

Here's a link to a $ 1.00 coupon. Every little bit helps.http://www.frvta.org/images/2012coupon.gif

Gotago2 12-31-2011 06:44 PM

We will be there, staying on site. FVRT rally. Never did anything like this before should be fun. :D Just got new Coachmen Mirada and looking to see what kind of goodies we can find.

DriVer, I'll be looking for a sticker.:thumb:

johnnyringo 01-01-2012 04:26 AM

We'll be there as well. Save us a sticker! LOL!

Gusto2 01-01-2012 06:36 AM

Tampa show

Thanks to all for the info. Gripper, appreciate the tip on "senior day", will wait and go on Thursday and Friday. Since you live in Tampa, any recommendations on motels? Most reviews for ones in area are awful.

gripper 01-01-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto2 (Post 1046576)
Thanks to all for the info. Gripper, appreciate the tip on "senior day", will wait and go on Thursday and Friday. Since you live in Tampa, any recommendations on motels? Most reviews for ones in area are awful.

Sorry, but naturally, I do not stay in any motels it Tampa. In fact, I have not stayed in any motels anywhere, since I purchased my motorhome, 4 years ago. I have heard of some nice motels/hotels on Hwy 60, (Courtney Campbell Causway), West of the airport, but that's quite aways from the RV show.

bdaball 01-01-2012 09:05 PM

DriVer, I'm too young to drive a scooter but save me a decal anyway. We'll be there one day or the other.
:dance::dance::dance:

BpK9Miami 01-02-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto2 (Post 1046576)

There's a Holiday Inn Express on the East side of the fair grounds which is new (w/i last three years) and a Crowne Plaza at the intersection of MLK and I-75 South which is undergoing renovation but has great (reduced during renovation) rates, good room service. Both are within short driving to Lazy Days RV park as well. I've stayed at both of them a dozen or so times in the last 36 months...hope that helps.