iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Tires Purchased (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/tires-purchased-121587.html)

Lakeman1 04-22-2012 09:24 AM

Tires Purchased
 
Well I just ordered 6 new Michelin 235/80R 22.5 XRV tires, $505.12 each or $3030.72 for 6 (out the door) with a 2012 born on date. I am not a member or FMCA, how did I do on the price?

chasmatt 04-22-2012 12:24 PM

I just bought six of the same size Michelins through the FMCA. The cost per tire was a little more than $100 each. I paid $389 per tire. With mounting and balancing and local tax the total was $2971

Lakeman1 04-22-2012 09:40 PM

Thats only $60 less for the 6 tires, don't think I did so bad. Thats $10 per tire savings with the FMCA discount.

Jerry J 04-22-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete & Linda (Post 1152726)
Thats only $60 less for the 6 tires, don't think I did so bad. Thats $10 per tire savings with the FMCA discount.

Looks like you did great!

Rom 04-23-2012 12:27 AM

Got a quote from Les Schwab for $478.76 + FET + tax each; another from a Michelin dealership for $496.13 each and one from an out of state tire shop for $3, 296 for six (I think all inclusive).

Been getting quotes since last year and the prices are going up everytime. Will order them in a couple of weeks before prices goes to the roof!

DeWat 04-23-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete & Linda (Post 1152726)
Thats only $60 less for the 6 tires, don't think I did so bad. Thats $10 per tire savings with the FMCA discount.

I guess it depends on how the OP's message is read. I read the 3030 price as out the door, and the 2971 price as installed. If that is right, the 3030 price is still going to require installation.

Steve N Sal 04-23-2012 05:53 AM

Looks like you did OK. Boy, how things have gone up. Last April I purchased six new Michelin 235's mounted and balanced for $2600 including tax. No discounts available at that time and purchased the tires from a Belle Tire facility back in MI.

DBOL 04-23-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete & Linda (Post 1152001)
Well I just ordered 6 new Michelin 235/80R 22.5 XRV tires, $505.12 each or $3030.72 for 6 (out the door) with a 2012 born on date. I am not a member or FMCA, how did I do on the price?


Sorry the other deal was better they had the work,you still got to put on and Balance ? Did you forget that?

shoreco 04-23-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete & Linda (Post 1152001)
Well I just ordered 6 new Michelin 235/80R 22.5 XRV tires, $505.12 each or $3030.72 for 6 (out the door) with a 2012 born on date. I am not a member or FMCA, how did I do on the price?


I paid $505 each "out the door" here in Long Island, NY..

I did them in sets (two at a time)..

First set in August 2011, second set in the fall 2011 and the last set last week...(maybe 1500 miles in between)

All three sets came with pretty much the same date code from mid-2011...

I think you did good. Now go put some miles on them...

Lakeman1 04-23-2012 08:02 AM

"Out the door" means installed, balanced and taxes. Out the door not cash and carry. Total cost on the coach driving away $3030.72.

DeWat 04-23-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete & Linda (Post 1153005)
"Out the door" means installed, balanced and taxes. Out the door not cash and carry. Total cost on the coach driving away $3030.72.

My mistake then :blush:. I know that there are many places to puchase tires without installation, so that's how I took "Out the door" in this case.

Lakeman1 04-23-2012 09:56 AM

Not a problem

larrymac09 04-24-2012 08:12 PM

from larrymac09
 
I am so confused about tires. I recently bought a 2003 Monaco Dynasty with a tag axle, (8 tires). It's got 50,000 miles, but the tires are eight years old. They look brand new, and were always stored inside. Now I'm afraid to take them on a road trip. Should I buy now, or wait?

JohnRR 04-24-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrymac09 (Post 1154947)
I am so confused about tires. I recently bought a 2003 Monaco Dynasty with a tag axle, (8 tires). It's got 50,000 miles, but the tires are eight years old. They look brand new, and were always stored inside. Now I'm afraid to take them on a road trip. Should I buy now, or wait?

There are two schools of thought about it and the only one I would trust would be from a knowledge source that can physically see them.

The only problem with that now a days is finding somebody you can trust to give you an honest opinion.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.