iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Bus Conversions (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Where is the best place to sell a bus conversion??? (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f20/where-is-the-best-place-to-sell-a-bus-conversion-125868.html)

GG1 06-03-2012 05:55 PM

Where is the best place to sell a bus conversion???

I have a family member who is trying to sell 3 bus conversions, any suggestions as to where the best outlet to go?

retmotor 06-03-2012 10:44 PM

I've seen bus conversions on ebay, rvtrader and craigslist.

clyon51 06-04-2012 05:56 AM

I would say any place you would see MHs for sale. Doubt there is anyone specializing in just conversions.

Technomadia 06-15-2012 10:42 PM

We've not tried selling a bus conversion... but as someone who went on an extensive bus conversion hunt a year ago, I can share with you where we focused our searches at.

This post on our blog:
How to Search for a Vintage Bus RV Conversion | Technomadia

It goes over the search methodology we used to find our bus.

It's a tough market out there for bus conversion sellers, and few looking for them. BUT.. there are buyers out there.

Hope this can help some..

- Cherie

clyon51 06-16-2012 06:24 AM

Don't want to get too off topic here but, I 've seen this bus conversion on a main street corner in a near by city. I'm no bus expert, but this thing looks to be a '60s bus.

Very sharp on the outside. I slowed down by it the other day and the price on it was $50,000 !!???

Is this guy crazy or are these antques worth that much? Seems to you could get a real nice 10-12 year old DP for that.

retmotor 06-16-2012 10:15 AM

^ I was looking at them for a little bit. It's tough for me to say because I just didn't see that many of them for sale and unless it is sold on ebay, you can't see how much it actually sold for. If it's pristine inside, all marble and all hardwood cabinets with a decent floor plan and has an updated drivetrain, I'd say so.

clyon51 06-16-2012 11:48 AM

You got my curiosity going now :D I guess I'll stop and take a good look some time. Me thinks though the sucker better have solid gold cabinettes :D

Wrenchbender 08-26-2012 04:58 AM

decent bus conv. bring decent money. First off the bus was built with the best products out there. Also they were built for the fuel economy. A properly converted bus will outlast ANY out of the box motorhome. I have had a lot of RVs over the years, all of them were a maint. headache. Bought a flxible bus and converted it. Easy to work on, gets 10.5 mpg at 74 mph. Floor plan is the way we wanted it, with the materials we wanted. Cost was comp to a decent used class A. Note I am a mechanic by trade and have a shop and tooling . But anybody can do it in the backyard or driveway and it was fun to do ! Also wherever you go people want to talk to you about your bus.

whid1 10-09-2012 05:24 AM

I own a bus conversion on a Crown Chassis built by Mitchell 37' Vogue Prima Vista DP. She is a 22 yr old in fact she was started construction Nov. 1989 and completed July of 1990 rolled out the door. The original cost was 278K I have the bill of sale from the original owner and I'm the second owner. She has no slide outs every thing is hand crafted well built couldn't ask for a better rig. I need to work on the cooling system by changing thermostat and coolant and recovery. Remember these old buses were made of steel frames I beams and very little plastic all wood solid oak (Floors and Cabinets) air ride suspensions, she carries 150 gal of fuel, 100 gal fresh water, 100 gal dark and gray water She weighs in at 34,042 lbs.

mmartinkus 10-17-2012 11:00 AM

Google Phil Cooper or Parliament Coach

mike brez 10-28-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whid1 (Post 1334214)
I own a bus conversion on a Crown Chassis built by Mitchell 37' Vogue Prima Vista DP. She is a 22 yr old in fact she was started construction Nov. 1989 and completed July of 1990 rolled out the door. The original cost was 278K I have the bill of sale from the original owner and I'm the second owner. She has no slide outs every thing is hand crafted well built couldn't ask for a better rig. I need to work on the cooling system by changing thermostat and coolant and recovery. Remember these old buses were made of steel frames I beams and very little plastic all wood solid oak (Floors and Cabinets) air ride suspensions, she carries 150 gal of fuel, 100 gal fresh water, 100 gal dark and gray water She weighs in at 34,042 lbs.

The prima vista was a production rv. Not buy a grayhound bus shell and convert it.

mike brez 10-28-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GG1 (Post 1198826)
I have a family member who is trying to sell 3 bus conversions, any suggestions as to where the best outlet to go?

<strong><font size="3">BUSES 4 SALE</font></strong>

wonderer1 10-28-2012 03:47 PM

craigslist ---- and lots of pictures ---include picture of the motor, batteries, generator, tires (treads and side walls, with size and brand), awnings out, inverter, bus manufacture plate id (customer can get more info from it). anything that looks funky (you don't want anyone to come some distance just to find the problems) . lots of pictures. i live in los angeles and found my dp on craigs list in gainsville, florida. be willing to pick up buyer at airport. (take the motorhome, test drive).

whid1 10-29-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike brez (Post 1353116)
The prima vista was a production rv. Not buy a grayhound bus shell and convert it.

Thank you for that information I didn't know, I thought they bought the chassis and built the RV. So what you are telling me is it was built from the ground up and the chassis was custom built. yes :confused: