iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Tiffin Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/)
-   -   Driverside/windshield loud air sounds (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/driverside-windshield-loud-air-sounds-147799.html)

captain36 01-09-2013 01:30 PM

Driverside/windshield loud air sounds

I recently purchased a 2013 36' Phaeton. When I drive the RV over 55mph I hear a loud air sound. It sounds like it is coming from the windshield and the driver's side window. Has anybody else ever encountered the same problem. I turned off the volume from the backup camera too. Any ideas?

ernieh 01-09-2013 03:11 PM

You might try to reposition the DS mirror. The arm should be perpendecular(sp) to the body. Also, make sure that the drain hole caps are installed.

Lault 01-09-2013 06:31 PM

Both items from above post are correct. I also had to put foam in the driver side window track to cover the holes drilled to allow water out to get the wind noise stopped. Remove before rain or you have water inside.

RJEV 01-10-2013 08:40 AM

Had to take our Allegro to Red Bay. Turned out to be a leak in the hose for the defroster. Caulk and wrap it solved the problem.

Paul T 01-11-2013 07:09 PM

I put a piece of tape over the small drain hole that leads to the drilled holes on the inside bottom rail of the widow to verify that was where my noise was coming from. Then I forgot about it. Reading this I now have to recheck and see if the tape came off because, -- it did cancel out the air noise.

#1BAMAFAN 03-31-2013 05:23 PM

don't expect any help from TMH ,had my rv there on three diffrent occasions for drivers side wind noise (in addition to many ,many other problems ) there standard response is " no problem found " or "did not hear any wind noise" . oh . by the way i only have 60% hearing.

Lault 04-01-2013 04:56 AM

I have those same drain holes in my Rev on the driver side except they look like they were drilled by a machine and not a 3 year old, but there is no wind noise at all coming from that window unlike my Tiffin. Never got rid of all the noise on the Phaeton.

boaterok 04-02-2013 06:26 PM

Just another TIFFIN I would bet your windshield is about to pop out, had to have a windshield company comeout and reglue it back in.

Dave44 04-20-2013 09:01 PM

Had the same experience with my new 2013 Phaeton. Sounded like a rattle in the drivers side windshield post. Covered the drain holes at the bottom of the side window track, all went quiet. I used a folded paper towel. don't forget to remove because these are functional drains.

Paul T 04-21-2013 06:33 AM

There must be something in the design of the weep hole to prevent air noise. Mine made zero noise until after the coach was slightly pressurized to find a water leak source. After that the noise began. A bit of black electrical tape on the forward edge outside subdued the noise. If this was normal, I would think the PS would also be noisy but it isn't. Maybe there is suppose to be a piece of felt inside there or something?????

Lault 04-22-2013 06:17 PM

It has been a issue for 3 years, and still no real fix other than stopping up the holes. My rev. has same holes that looked like they were drilled by machine instead of a 5 year old, and never any noise. Why, do not know.

Randy Stelck 07-26-2013 04:24 PM

Had the same prob.not sure if you have a split windshield but my driverside started to come out of the rubber.I was 1200 miles from home just put some silicone on till i got home took too trips to glass shop to get it right.(sorry the middle rubber between driver and passenger).