iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Just Conversation (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/)
-   -   The NASCAR Project "DANICA PATRICK" (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/the-nascar-project-danica-patrick-151848.html)

Serenity00 02-18-2013 04:35 PM

The NASCAR Project "DANICA PATRICK"

Why on earth is NASCAR jamming Danica Patrick down our throats??? Are they that hard-up on filling seats. She would be down a whole bunch of laps and the commentators still glorified her on how wonderful she is… Good grief… Give me a break!!!:horse3:
With the start of a new racing season the soap opera continue… She is divorcing her husband and have a fling with Ricky Stenhouse Jr.. Somebody, get me some Gravol.
Mike

cat938g 02-18-2013 04:41 PM

They have to fill those seat. Same as the gen 6 car.

bcbrowne 02-18-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenity00 (Post 1468103)
Why on earth is NASCAR jamming Danica Patrick down our throats??? Are they that hard-up on filling seats. She would be down a whole bunch of laps and the commentators still glorified her on how wonderful she is… Good grief… Give me a break!!!:horse3:
With the start of a new racing season the soap opera continue… She is divorcing her husband and have a fling with Ricky Stenhouse Jr.. Somebody, get me some Gravol.
Mike

She did qualify on the pole for the Daytona 500 on her own speed beating 44 other drivers. I am not a Danica fan, but gotta give credit where its due. We went thru this with Jaun Pablo Montoya before Danica.

Clifftall 02-18-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcbrowne (Post 1468116)

She did qualify on the pole for the Daytona 500 on her own speed beating 44 other drivers. I am not a Danica fan, but gotta give credit where its due. We went thru this with Jaun Pablo Montoya before Danica.

Seriously. They use her to sell seats as well as everything else they can and should. They're in business to do that. However , what happened to fair and square. She posted the fasted lap time and deserves the pole.
Cliff

toneumanns 02-18-2013 04:57 PM

The engine & frame builders got her on the pole. When she gets in traffic she folds.

az bound 02-18-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenity00 (Post 1468103)
Mike

Your chauvinism is showing.:trash:
When a woman does good, recognize her. :thumb:
Linda

DonavonP 02-18-2013 05:19 PM

I think she's a great race car driver. However, she can't parallel park. Ok, I'm off to my male chauvinist pig sensitivity training.

MPVman 02-18-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by az bound (Post 1468163)
Your chauvinism is showing.:trash:
When a woman does good, recognize her. :thumb:
Linda

Yep she can drive and its good for the Business that im in:D

az bound 02-18-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPVman (Post 1468168)
Yep she can drive and its good for the Business that im in:D

Stewert/Haas racing think so too. :thumb:
Harold

wincrasher 02-18-2013 05:42 PM

Well, I suppose they think women will become interested in NASCAR if a woman is doing it. [Moderator Edit]

Her personal life is not exactly inspiring, or suitable as a role model currently.

You can tell some of the other drivers are kinda sick of her. A few have crashed her out pretty easy. [moderator edit]

Dunner 02-18-2013 05:44 PM

Montoya is worthless. He took out his own teammate on the last lap to win a race. We'll see how Danica does next Sunday. If Richard Petty had died racing, would Kyle be treated the same as Jr?

rollondown 02-18-2013 06:14 PM

With attendance down, viewership down, they had to come up with someone to help sales. Daytona will be a sellout, but I bet the next will have an empty back stretch...

Lindsay Richards 02-18-2013 06:36 PM

When she was in Indy cars, some of the other drivers complained that she had a 50 to 100 pound weight advantage on them (lighter). In NASCAR, it doesn't make much difference and she is still doing well. I think her combativeness is good for the sport. If she gets badly hurt in an accident, it will hurt the sport more than anybody else. I mean 196 mph is pretty dangerous even though the cars are filled with safety gear.

Bug512 02-18-2013 06:37 PM

I think it can only be a positive for the sport. Not sure how much NASCAR had to do with her participating but I know Jr. Motorsports, Stewart Hass Motorsports and Go Daddy had a lot to do with it.

Can't wait for the season to begin and watch some short track racing. Sorry not a huge fan of keeping it in one piece for three hours then race the last 15 laps like they do at the super speedways.

Heck she drove past me in the garage at Richmond last year !!

Nationwide Garage at Richmond International Speedway - YouTube