iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Just Conversation (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/)
-   -   When will the crazy stop (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/when-will-the-crazy-stop-157909.html)

mecfd67 04-15-2013 04:52 PM

When will the crazy stop

Sympathies to those involved in the Boston bombing. When we all learn we are all humans of the same making. Not even animals kill their own kind for no reason:facepalm::facepalm:

Gary - K7GLD 04-15-2013 05:06 PM

"When will it stop?"

Short answer, NEVER!

This is the "new normal" for world societies, including our own - and will steadily get worse as conditions deteriorate.

"Ignoring or denying reality, does not CHANGE reality"

Francesca 04-15-2013 05:10 PM

I'd bet that this one's homegrown, possibly "in honor of" the upcoming anniversaries of Waco and Oklahoma City.

Explosions at the Boston Marathon - YouTube

Gary - K7GLD 04-15-2013 05:16 PM

Very sad to see these type deadly incidents becoming more common in many overseas nations - and now gaining ground in this country as well. the days of unlocked vehicles and homes, and carefree travel in larger high-population centers and events are fading into the same nostalgic past as other activities we used to freely enjoy...

Remember when RV vacation travel to Mexico was no big deal as far as safety was concerned? That too has disappeared, as violence there has also become far too common - then, there's this:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...sSector&rpc=43

Hooligan 04-15-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Francesca (Post 1532650)
I'd bet that this one's homegrown, possibly "in honor of" the upcoming anniversaries of Waco and Oklahoma City.

Little early for that conclusion to get jumped, although it's usually the first one out of the chute.
I'll wait for a conclusion that actually has some evidence to support it.
My prayers to all involved. It was impressive to see Police and bystanders rushing into the smoke within seconds of the explosions. That's guts...

Francesca 04-15-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooligan (Post 1532757)
Little early for that conclusion to get jumped

Just puttin' it out there since there's already talk in some quarters about foreign terrorists...

This event is eerily similar to an attempted bombing that happened in Spokane a few years ago in that it involves a sort of "parade route". If it turns out that the bombs were set off by remote control, it would be a virtual match.

That one was thwarted when the cops got wind of it before the event and changed the route so that the bomber-who was actually marching in the parade- couldn't get close enough to the spot to detonate the bomb.

TXiceman 04-15-2013 08:01 PM

It is bad enough to see this sort of thing going on in other countries, but we do not want this type activity going one here. Pray they find these cowards and there is a swift conviction.

Ken

CampDaven 04-15-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mecfd67 (Post 1532634)
Sympathies to those involved in the Boston bombing. When we all learn we are all humans of the same making. Not even animals kill their own kind for no reason:facepalm::facepalm:

There are now, more than ever, folks that are bent on doing harm to all of us. And they feel that they have a reason. Just a fact.
I plan to stay out of the way. No large public venues. No big cities.
I am concerned. I have great sympathy. But I do not worry. It does not help. I simply avoid areas of risk.
Difficult to trust that the entities that we pay to prevent such things, frankly, never can totally succeed against those so ill-meaning.
The authorities prevent what they can. Beyond that, they simply arrive to investigate.

Papawto5 04-15-2013 08:43 PM

Ponder the possible reasons for behavior as abhorrent as this and other acts of terrorism:

jealousy
inadequacy/feeling of worthlessness
blind allegiance
cowardice
mental illness
lack of a following large enough to confront others in a conventional fashion
twisted beliefs
infamy
mental dullness
mental dullness
mental dullness
and finally
mental dullness

KylenCindy 04-15-2013 09:29 PM

cowardice is my choice. Hope who ever it is they end up in Terra Haute

Ramblin 04-15-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KylenCindy (Post 1532989)
cowardice is my choice. Hope who ever it is they end up in Terra Haute

Terra Haute is a fate worse than death? I thought it was a nice town! :cool:

Mr_D 04-15-2013 09:41 PM

Now reporting 12 dead and 141 being treated.

demoon 04-15-2013 10:25 PM

Latest numbers from Boston are 3 dead, including an 8 year old boy. Numerous injured are listed in critical condition.

KSCRUDE 04-15-2013 10:37 PM

Now there going to outlaw bombs, oh wait, bombs are already outlawed. Lot of good that did.:sad: