iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   MH-General Discussions & Problems (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/)
-   -   Do you drink the water from your storage tank? (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/do-you-drink-the-water-from-your-storage-tank-159503.html)

Penster 04-29-2013 02:23 PM

Do you drink the water from your storage tank?

We have always carried bottled water to drink. I can't seem to convince my husband that water in our holding tank is no more contaminated than water in a bottle from the store. Does anyone else have concerns about using water from holding tanks? Thanks for any input or thoughts.

Marshmellows 04-29-2013 02:24 PM

Yes all the time.

Clifftall 04-29-2013 02:25 PM

I don't. We buy all our drinking/ coffee water.

Sky_Boss 04-29-2013 02:26 PM

I'm not excessively worried about its safety. I've been in some CGs where it smelled bad and tasted worse. My next investment will be in a double filter and water softener set up that will still go a 3rd whole house filter.

BFlinn181 04-29-2013 02:27 PM

I put it in ice cube trays and drink it all the time. Not an issue, I start each season by cleaning out tank with bleach and rinse thoroughly.

UFO Pilot 04-29-2013 02:28 PM

No we don't.

Selah 04-29-2013 02:28 PM

We drink from the FW tank all of the time. We have a water softener and water filter. If you have concerns about the FW tank you should probably sterilize it.

TRAILERKING 04-29-2013 02:30 PM

Being the 1999 coach was used when we got it, who knows what was it the tank previously all those years. We drink bottled water only.

calhyatt 04-29-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penster (Post 1549520)
We have always carried bottled water to drink. I can't seem to convince my husband that water in our holding tank is no more contaminated than water in a bottle from the store. Does anyone else have concerns about using water from holding tanks? Thanks for any input or thoughts.

We keep a clean tank and all the water that goes in that tank is filtered with our filtration system. If we are unable to get water from an approved source then we go to the bottles for coffee, cooking and drinking. Under normal conditions, we use the water from the onboard water system.
:thumb:

Phoenix2551 04-29-2013 02:31 PM

I keep my tank clean and watch the source of my water and I don't worry about it. I don't let water sit in my tank for a long period of time especially when it's real hot.

Toyduck 04-29-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

With us it's primarily a taste issue. We like the way our tap water tastes from our S&B, but have stayed in some CG's where there is an ovbious odor, although it is 'city' water.

For coffee, tea, etc we use bottled. For cooking, pets, we use the holding tank.

RickO 04-29-2013 02:46 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum.

For straight up drinking water, we use bottled spring water both in the stick house and motor home. It's always been a taste issue and has probably just become habit. We do have a water softener and filters which treat water before it enters the coach.

We do sterilize our FW tank yearly and use the water for ice cubes and even coffee.

I'm not sure how those who are "careful" to only hook up to approved sources pull it off, where they find these sources and who approved them. I've always thought that hooking up to CG water was a bit of a crap shoot with no way to ascertain the quality of the water delivered to my site.

Best of luck.

Rick

Coaster1 04-29-2013 02:51 PM

Bottled water here.

larrydp 04-29-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Ours is the opposite!! My wife hauls gallons of water. I have decided to pick the fights and that is not worth fighting..